Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to ask you a couple of simple uestions.

Just how far do you think Juve and Milan will go in this seasons tournament and why will they go far or why not?

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I think Milan can go all the way again.

As for Juventus, they really need Nedved to step up and the defence has to improve. If that happens, they will be capable of going all the way too. But at the moment, I'd predict Juventus for the semi's.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I was hoping for the Italian teams to have another good year, but it looks bleak. Especially considering Juves defense and them meeting Deportivo.

But not only that, I believe Milan will have a lot of trouble with Sparta, unlike others I saw that as a bad draw.

It would have been much better if we swapped opponents.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I'm supremely confident about both team's credentials. Milan certainly have nothing against their favour and are currently the best performing side in Europe. I see them making it past this round and from there it will depend on the opposition, even though Milan do have what it takes to tear apart any opposition. It's a matter of how they play on the day, and their may be a clash of priorities CL / Serie A.

Juve's deep squad certainly works to our favour, and we've been performing reasonably well in the CL so far. It will be a difficult draw against Depor. Absolutely anything can happen, but as long as we don't lose in Spain I see us going through. After that, it largely depends on the opposition as well as what sort of team Lippi decides to field.

I don't see this as a bad year for Italian teams in Europe, even though Lazio and Inter dropped dead. Both Juve and Milan know what it takes and have the class to overcome any opposition. In all honesty, this year's CL intrigues me alot. Milan are favourites in my books, but what I predict is this in the semis - one Italian side, Real Madrid, an english team (any of the three can make it), and an outsider - perhaps Monaco. I'd hope for a Juve-Real / Juve-Monaco final but we may just have a repeat of last year's final. I do see Milan making it.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Juve all the way :)

After Lippi's comments recently and after the CL final his aim was always CL this season. :strong:

Milan will concentrate on Serie A along with Roma.

I hate Juve but...in Europe I'm a neutral since it's all about Italian team representing Serie A. So I hope Juve are 4th time lucky...and win it this time. :D

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
!bob said:
I'm supremely confident about both team's credentials. Milan certainly have nothing against their favour and are currently the best performing side in Europe. I see them making it past this round and from there it will depend on the opposition, even though Milan do have what it takes to tear apart any opposition. It's a matter of how they play on the day, and their may be a clash of priorities CL / Serie A.

Juve's deep squad certainly works to our favour, and we've been performing reasonably well in the CL so far. It will be a difficult draw against Depor. Absolutely anything can happen, but as long as we don't lose in Spain I see us going through. After that, it largely depends on the opposition as well as what sort of team Lippi decides to field.

I don't see this as a bad year for Italian teams in Europe, even though Lazio and Inter dropped dead. Both Juve and Milan know what it takes and have the class to overcome any opposition. In all honesty, this year's CL intrigues me alot. Milan are favourites in my books, but what I predict is this in the semis - one Italian side, Real Madrid, an english team (any of the three can make it), and an outsider - perhaps Monaco. I'd hope for a Juve-Real / Juve-Monaco final but we may just have a repeat of last year's final. I do see Milan making it.
I agree with the prediction about semi finals.

In my opinion, it will be:

Milan
Real Madrid
English Team
English Team or Juventus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts