1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
god when u read this u know mourinho's true worth :relieved:

GRANT: I COULD BE SACKED
Posted 10/03/08 08:19EmailPrintSave

Avram Grant has admitted that he must win either the Premier League or the Champions League, or he will lose his job as Chelsea manager in the summer.

Grant was speaking after his side suffered their embarrassing 1-0 loss to Barnsley in the FA Cup on Saturday, which with Manchester United exiting earlier in the day, represented Chelsea's best chance of winning a trophy this season.

Chelsea lie third in the Premier League, eight points behind leaders Arsenal but with two games in hand after the Gunners' draw against Wigan. However, they still have to face both Arsenal and Manchester United, and have failed to beat any of the 'big four' under Grant.

They remain in the Champions League after beating an anaemic Olympiacos last week, but given Grant's record in important games of late, Roman Abramovich will probably not be holding out much hope in Europe.

When asked if an empty trophy cabinet would result in his sacking, Grant said:

"I will accept it. When I am responsible for the team, and when my team loses at Barnsley, there will be many negative things said about it.

"On the other hand, we have two major competitions left. I am concentrating on them, not other things. But this is a massive disappointment."

Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka believes that winning the UEFA Champions League could be the only way Grant will keep his job.

"I think we have to win that," he said.

"We know there will be people after the manager, but as a player you know when you haven't played well and we haven't done recently.

"The criticism should be aimed at the players.

"We have spoken about the Champions League and we will try to do our best to win it.

"We have big players who have the quality to do it."

Grant's assistant Henk ten Cate - not the most popular man in the Chelsea dressing room of late - went on to stay that the pressure on his boss is growing:

"One bad run of results and you're out. You just can't afford to lose here. I came to Chelsea because I was looking for peace. I wanted to work at the top level and at the same time I was looking for peace."

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Wasn't the media licking Grant's balls a few weeks ago saying how he has made Chelsea challengers and comparing him to Mourinho? The media is so fickle at times.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Well for all the shit he must take from people Grant is a smart and logical man. Seems like he knows the situation and will not let it bother him which is good news for Chelsea.

But i think the logical move would be to get a proven manager like Lippi ASAP when the season is over and start again. still do not understand why the board decided to get on Mourinho's nerves. The man was good at what he did.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
not a big fan of grant...not sure he should carry on at the club but also have to say that the british media is ****in brutal! I mean this guy doesn't deserve that much crap, and I see constant criticism despite chelsea carrying on in the champions league and holding a steady position in the league despite all the restlessness in the team.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
If he is able to keep us from loosing against MU and Arsenal; while defeating somebody in the CL QF and winning our remaining games in the League he should stay imo. I think the players don't respect him all that much but if he is able to get those type of results I believe he should be given a chance despite how clueless he seems at times.

Obviously I'm saying this because I don't like the alternatives given by the media-Frank and Mancio. Obviously if we are able to get Lippi I think Grant should step down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts