Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am generally happy, our squad depth will be much greater next year so injuries shouldn't be a big problem. Amauri is a genuine star, Mellberg will solidify us in defence and Poulsen will be a great player to rotate with Sissoko and Zanetti.
Then we have Giovinco, Marchisio and De Cegile who will be helpful aswell.

But there are a few things I would change. First of all I am sad we didn't get Ujfalusi, our back line depth would be frigtening if we did. Also I would have liked to have Flamini in the team instead of Marchisio, we could have got him we only needed to stall negotiations until it became clear Milan won't be in CL.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
excluding amauri and seba, a lot of bodies and little indication of substance. looks like we're back to stile juve in it's purest form. not about the names on paper but about the group.

we'll see but i'm still confident we'll be legitimate contenders for the scudetto this year.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
(*_°)

This self-satisfied and amateurish management is all about making us build expectations and not meet them. Remember the 2 great captures we were promised... well, where are they? How am I to ever believe these guys?

All this management is good for is to disappoint us big time with names no-one had expected let alone wanted to begin with and make us accept it with flattery.

The day the guy 99% of the fans wouldn't have even considered signs, he goes on interview. And obviously, it's bland. Whereas it should be about finding out who the guy is and the circumstances of his coming, it simply isn't. Every question is phrased so that the new guy praises this club more than expected which ultimately make us feel good. These orchestrated interviews whose very (and only) purpose is to make us already like the guy (and even more importantly, think more highly of the management) are a real pain in the ass..

We need a genuine plan, one that would not make Juventus look like the least ambitious top club in Europe today. And we need a genuine boss to implement it. Someone reliable, accountable, someone who does what he says, and says what he does.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Not bad, The ones I'm excited about are Amauri, Giovinco and Poulsen.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Piss! I expected a WC friggin CB. Mellberg may prove to be a great signing, but he was free and should have been for depth purposes. Friggin Knezevic!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Goalkeepers: 1) Gianluigi Buffon, 2) Emanuele Belardi

Right Backs: 1) Zdenek Grygera, 2) Jonathan Zebina

Left Backs: 1) Christian Molinaro, 2) Paolo De Ceglie

Centre Backs: 1) Giorgio Chiellini, 2) Olof Mellberg, 3) Nicola Legrottaglie, 4) Dario Knezevic

Right Midfielders: 1) Mauro Camoranesi, 2) Hasan Salihamidzic, 3) Marco Marchionni

Left Midfielders: 1) Pavel Nedved, 2) Sebastian Giovinco

Centre Midfielders: 1) Momo Sissoko, 2) Christian Poulsen, 3) Cristiano Zanetti, 4) Claudio Marchisio, 5) Albin Ekdal, 6) Tiago, 7) Sergio Almiron

Forwards: 1) Alessandro Del Piero, 2) David Trezeguet, 3) Amauri, 4) Vincenzo Iaquinta

I think we are pretty deep, the two position i could see the weakeast are the left back and midfield: Molinaro isnt a star, and De Ceglie is lacking expierence....Nedved is in his last year and Giovinco is also inexperience....if we could afford, i will bring a good left winger (Vander Vart?) and probably a reliable left back (Wayne Bridge?)...in the other positions IMO we are ok!!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Im happy to see the young players come back, but i think our defence still needs work and im concerned about our midfield not getting a central player who can distribute the ball well.

Forward group is great though!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
none of the summer transfers so far this summer made me feel like we are World Class. I honestly don't know if I'm even excited about next season cause of this damn management

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I hope my fellow Gobbi are prepared for what is to come this season. That is, more uninspired, lacklusture, clueless play, and that's just in Serie A. The CL will bring humiliation to the club.

·
Cronios
553 Posts
I am very very very disappointed...
At this this particular year, our excuses were finally over,
we participate in the CL, we can attract world class players,
we have now all the financial income we used to have, being relatively competitive in serie A and participating in the highest competitions, TV rights, tickets and qualify bonuses will able to create avenues to pay salaries we coulsnt afford by now.
But still our owners just proved their long plans on Juve and our grim future...
They promised 200euro on transfers, for the next 2 years to rebuild our team,
take us out of our darkest moments in our history and make us a competitive team again.
For such thing to happen and for Juve to close the enormous gap between her loses and the top flight teams, we need to invest more than ever before, we need to be wise and cautious and we need to grow faster than they develop.
Therefore a five year plan was presumably conceived,
a plan that this year was proved to be an empty promise!
Juve were supposed to add a couple of excellent/world class players per year, so that we can slowly rebuild our proportion of great player in our starter team and eventually replace our retiring champions, our last line of defense, the only reason we are still competitive!

To do so, we need an ambition owner, an experienced management and the necessary resources.
And we have none, our owners use Juve's money to fund Fiat's future,
our managers are consists of inexperienced caricatures, who are totally clueless about this job, they are wasting they very few resources we have and do not learn anything by their mistakes.
Those "noobs" were supposed to be a temporary quick fix!
Some people positioned there as urgent solution. There cant be a grand club wuth such a penny managers, our managers used to be the mean reason we were competitive, both in serie A and europe.
We never had the money to do any better, but we had excellent money and could take the better out of material and resources.
We were able to use the contracts of useless players to make deals in our favor and pay little for great talents, where we are only losing players as free agents
and we cant sell half decent players, like Almiron and Tiago to any team.
For ex the added funds of the Tiago sale, the man who locked Gigli in the toilet
and the amount we paid for Poulsen, would easily land us some quality player like Alonso!

But our owners/managers doesnt want that, they only want Juve to be supposedly competitive and loved by the local fans in Italy as before, only to use her as an advertising vehicle...

This is the reason they hired the yes man, CR and they fired a Juventino with ambitions, named DD.
Our current coach knows from the start were this ends, he knows this team is only destined to fight for positions 2-5 in the next decade and he is only happy with this job
and by being a pawn to our managers, making politics for them and keeping balances.

We have no plans to become a top team, we only want to be relatively competitive for the CL qualifier positions in the domestic championship and thats it!
Thats the truth and i hope there are no more delussioned fans out there.
What makes things even worse though, is that despite the lack of will, experience, reason and sanity from our board, we could hope that they would somehow, even by accident make a better use of our pitiful resources, to upgrade enough our team and give a last hope of competition to some of our retiring champions, a fraction before all what Juventus meant, will be gone forever.
Unfortunately that wasnt the case, by accident or by purpose our dreams were dismissed and hopes were...amputated...
In the past 3-4 years this team has a few painfully obvious weakness,
everyone, but our managers can see!
Naming our weak defense and our lack of creativity in the center of midfield,
the bond between our midfield to our isolated attack and a variety of player-tools that would give a variety of attacking patterns, that would make us less predictable.
Despite our impressive scoring records last year, we demonstrated, that we cant score against some specific type of teams.
Here lies our greatest weakness, among with our horrible defense!
Juve always had a quality defense, now this has grown to be our greatest weakness.
We sacrifised a CM's positioned on the field and we obligatory field a second DM, only to overcome this problem.
That should have been our priority, but we chose to find some quick fixes for this and fine tune, other parts of team, that only needed some more depth.
We spent 2/3 of our transfer budget to add depth in our forward line,
bringing Amauri, when we could only bring back Giovinco and Lanzafame for depth.
Instead of investing this um to our defence, a defense that includes starters like Molinaro, this guy is not even a football player, he is by far the worst starter Juve had in the last decade and his presence only demonstrates our future concepts.
The Amauri deal was pre-decided from last year and that was a mistake to bring Iaquinta then, we should use that money wiser then, if we were sure to buy Amauri this year and had Zambarini word of honor,
a fact demonstrated the only reason, we managed to conclude the Amauri deal.
We made a mistake last year and we made the very mistake again this year.
Instead of the finished and slow but consistent robot, named Mellberg, the hapless Stendaro and Knezevic, we should start adding some quality and young material, to help us build the backbone of the future juve,
someone like Felipe or Zapata and a reliable solution to our left flank, like Grosso.
These are our greatest faults and we could permanently fix with the available resources we had.
Zapata+Grosso instead of Amauri.
Keep Giovinco and Lanza as depth, Zanetti+Noce as added DM depth to Sissoko, sell Tiago and Almiron and bring in a reliable top quality CM, to fix our creativity problems, someone like Alonso, while we can use Marchisio as his sub/support.
It was quite simple actually but our managers failed at every aspect of it for a third consecutive year...

If it wasnt for the Moggi's era high quality youngsters, we owned only because of our impeccable stuff and academy managers we had back then and the way our former managers negociated contracts.
The current managers wouldnt have a cheap solution to turn into,
the current manager never built anything, they only destroyed the last pieces of our quality and fortune, piece by piece.
Make no mistake, the 3 youngsters who came, came now, not because our managers have faith in them and consider them a part of our plans.
They only turned to them because they are unwilling to invest
and because this certain crop was named gifted enough from the press and other team's experts!
The worth absolutely no credit for that!
They planed nothing, the old guard prepared them and the coming of age pitted them here, right now!
Thats was the only reason our transfer market wasnt catastrofic,
but it is only a random phenomenon, that cannot happen again in the future.

This management brought however Ekdall and Iago, 2 promising players and they worth all credit for those kids, deeds!

On the other hand, we brought Mellberg, who adds nothing to our team and is destined to be only a sub to Legro,
unfortunately Chiellini will battle all alone again this year, he has no other quality defender besides him and he will have to make up for every mistake that will happen in our defense.
Mellberg is a consistent, rate 6 player, not more, not less, he kind of slow to make a decision and come forward, he has no tactical awareness of the situation and this already costs us 3 points against our direct competitor for the 4#
Knezevic could help us, as much as Stendardo if he wasnt injured and Andrade only proves again the point, i made last year, about one reliable defender, instead a pack o junk/trash...

Poulsen is a younger version of Zanetti and we could easily find someone like him with a smaller amount, he is ideal for our mediocre to average collection of players that will be our future backbone.

Instead of growing up, we chose to stand still and let our opponents grow the gap of quality between us and them, even deeper.
Inter needed the less strengthening, but they spent more than us.
Milan had to rebuild their team and they did better than us in mercato,
but we could never compete with the Milan clubs financial situation not even at our best days.
Thats why we are bound to follow them anyway.
Roma lost a lot of power, but they easily managed to make some important upgrades, only to ensure we wont get any closer to them,
adding some important players, even at the last days of mercato.

But what surprise me the most and deeply concerns me, is that Fiorentina manage to own us one more year, mercato wise,
they have been constantly growing by the year, despite having on theory less resources that us.
They are growing bigger and faster than us, they have a better management, an ambitious owner, an experienced and quality coach, better than ours.
And this situation reflects in their growth, the situation indicates that they are eventually bound to overcome us in the future, when our champions retire and take our place as the forth power of serie A...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
What the...

·
Registered
17,532 Posts
I would rate the majority of our new arrivals as mediocre.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
I would rate the majority of our new arrivals as mediocre.
Exactly. (Everyone more mediocore than the next :pp)

But the main point about this market is that every player bought inserts without any friction into the formation (except for Giovinco who was yours already anyway). This is a strength as you won games because of this formation last year...

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
we have now all the financial income we used to have, being relatively competitive in serie A and participating in the highest competitions, TV rights, tickets and qualify bonuses will able to create avenues to pay salaries we coulsnt afford by now.
But still our owners just proved their long plans on Juve and our grim future...
take us out of our darkest moments in our history and make us a competitive team again.
For such thing to happen and for Juve to close the enormous gap between her loses and the top flight teams, we need to invest more than ever before, we need to be wise and cautious and we need to grow faster than they develop.
Juve were supposed to add a couple of excellent/world class players per year, so that we can slowly rebuild our proportion of great player in our starter team and eventually replace our retiring champions, our last line of defense, the only reason we are still competitive!

To do so, we need an ambition owner, an experienced management and the necessary resources.
our managers are consists of inexperienced caricatures, who are totally clueless about this job, they are wasting they very few resources we have and do not learn anything by their mistakes.
Some people positioned there as urgent solution. There cant be a grand club wuth such a penny managers, our managers used to be the mean reason we were competitive, both in serie A and europe.
We never had the money to do any better, but we had excellent money and could take the better out of material and resources.
We were able to use the contracts of useless players to make deals in our favor and pay little for great talents, where we are only losing players as free agents
For ex the added funds of the Tiago sale, the man who locked Gigli in the toilet
and the amount we paid for Poulsen, would easily land us some quality player like Alonso!

But our owners/managers doesnt want that, they only want Juve to be supposedly competitive and loved by the local fans in Italy as before, only to use her as an advertising vehicle...

This is the reason they hired the yes man, CR and they fired a Juventino with ambitions, named DD.
Our current coach knows from the start were this ends, he knows this team is only destined to fight for positions 2-5 in the next decade and he is only happy with this job
and by being a pawn to our managers, making politics for them and keeping balances.

We have no plans to become a top team, we only want to be relatively competitive for the CL qualifier positions in the domestic championship and thats it!
What makes things even worse though, is that despite the lack of will, experience, reason and sanity from our board, we could hope that they would somehow, even by accident make a better use of our pitiful resources, to upgrade enough our team and give a last hope of competition to some of our retiring champions, a fraction before all what Juventus meant, will be gone forever.
Unfortunately that wasnt the case, by accident or by purpose our dreams were dismissed and hopes were...amputated...
the bond between our midfield to our isolated attack and a variety of player-tools that would give a variety of attacking patterns, that would make us less predictable.
Despite our impressive scoring records last year, we demonstrated, that we cant score against some specific type of teams.
Juve always had a quality defense, now this has grown to be our greatest weakness.
We sacrifised a CM's positioned on the field and we obligatory field a second DM, only to overcome this problem.
That should have been our priority, but we chose to find some quick fixes for this and fine tune, other parts of team, that only needed some more depth.
bringing Amauri, when we could only bring back Giovinco and Lanzafame for depth.
Instead of investing this um to our defence, a defense that includes starters like Molinaro, this guy is not even a football player, he is by far the worst starter Juve had in the last decade and his presence only demonstrates our future concepts.
The Amauri deal was pre-decided from last year and that was a mistake to bring Iaquinta then, we should use that money wiser then, if we were sure to buy Amauri this year and had Zambarini word of honor,
Instead of the finished and slow but consistent robot, named Mellberg, the hapless Stendaro and Knezevic, we should start adding some quality and young material, to help us build the backbone of the future juve,
someone like Felipe or Zapata and a reliable solution to our left flank, like Grosso.
These are our greatest faults and we could permanently fix with the available resources we had.
Keep Giovinco and Lanza as depth, Zanetti+Noce as added DM depth to Sissoko, sell Tiago and Almiron and bring in a reliable top quality CM, to fix our creativity problems, someone like Alonso, while we can use Marchisio as his sub/support.
It was quite simple actually but our managers failed at every aspect of it for a third consecutive year...

If it wasnt for the Moggi's era high quality youngsters, we owned only because of our impeccable stuff and academy managers we had back then and the way our former managers negociated contracts.
the current manager never built anything, they only destroyed the last pieces of our quality and fortune, piece by piece.
Make no mistake, the 3 youngsters who came, came now, not because our managers have faith in them and consider them a part of our plans.
and because this certain crop was named gifted enough from the press and other team's experts!
They planed nothing, the old guard prepared them and the coming of age pitted them here, right now!

This management brought however Ekdall and Iago, 2 promising players and they worth all credit for those kids, deeds!

On the other hand, we brought Mellberg, who adds nothing to our team and is destined to be only a sub to Legro,
unfortunately Chiellini will battle all alone again this year, he has no other quality defender besides him and he will have to make up for every mistake that will happen in our defense.
Mellberg is a consistent, rate 6 player, not more, not less, he kind of slow to make a decision and come forward, he has no tactical awareness of the situation and this already costs us 3 points against our direct competitor for the 4#
Knezevic could help us, as much as Stendardo if he wasnt injured and Andrade only proves again the point, i made last year, about one reliable defender, instead a pack o junk/trash...

Poulsen is a younger version of Zanetti and we could easily find someone like him with a smaller amount, he is ideal for our mediocre to average collection of players that will be our future backbone.

Instead of growing up, we chose to stand still and let our opponents grow the gap of quality between us and them, even deeper.
but we could never compete with the Milan clubs financial situation not even at our best days.
Roma lost a lot of power, but they easily managed to make some important upgrades, only to ensure we wont get any closer to them,

But what surprise me the most and deeply concerns me, is that Fiorentina manage to own us one more year, mercato wise,
they have been constantly growing by the year, despite having on theory less resources that us.
They are growing bigger and faster than us, they have a better management, an ambitious owner, an experienced and quality coach, better than ours.
And this situation reflects in their growth, the situation indicates that they are eventually bound to overcome us in the future, when our champions retire and take our place as the forth power of serie A...
spot on !!:thumbsup:

is there an oil baron out there looking to own a team ??

·
MVP
8,990 Posts

You've pretty much summed it all up - like we have a grim future ahead of us with current management in charge. Our fans have voiced their concerns by protesting in Turin (i.e. against selling Giovinco, against selling Iaquinta, against buying Stankovic etc). The fact that it has reached a desperate level, where the management even responds to these fans, really suggests some kind of insecurity with how they're doing their job.

Didier Deschamps' departure bears a similarity to the recent EPL resignations in Curbishley and Keegan - who both disagreed with the management on transfer policy, budget, and decisions.

Now I don't know about the upper motives i.e. Fiat comes first, Juve comes second but let's keep them top-5 competitive which implies they know what they're doing and keeping it that way; or are they really that incompetent and claiming that we can fight side by side with Inter's Quaresmas, Muntaris, and Mancinis...with our Mellbergs, Poulsens, and Amauris...

·
Registered
45,347 Posts
What the...
:howler: Was thinking the same thing while scrolling down, but like Steph! said, it's a decent read. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts