Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regardless of our feelings about the current roster, I think all Bayern fans have at least a player or two that they would like to see join the club. So, I thought it would be fun for everyone to share some of their choices and their reasons for those choices.

I would start with Frings. Yes, he moved on after only one season because of the deal with Werder that involved Ismael, but I miss him and I think he showed again today why he would be a good (re)addition to the team after he had a go at Buffon time after time and created several chances.

Even Ronaldo might be someone to think about. Not the hardest worker or the fittest player, nor is he the most popular, but he still has something to offer after his return from injury and I think Bayern would actually provide a more comfortable and more stable environment for him.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
Did you say wishlist? Like anyone we want with no restriction? In that case, I'll take Ronaldinho of Barca over both Frings and Ronaldo. The guy is just amazing, practically can do whatever he wants to. dribbling, playmaking, scoring, free kick,etc.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct, anyone you want. I knew the likes of Henry and Ronaldinho were come to come up, so I thought I'd go for a slightly different answer, although I certainly wouldn't complain if either were to join.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I have a wishtlist, of players I'd like to see play for FC Bayern.

First, I'd like to see Lukas Podolski as the number 9 at FC Bayern. ;)
I think FC Bayern are in need of another defender and Bóbo Balde from Celtic would be perfect for the German Champions.

Last but not least, I really like the way Alexander Hleb and Poulsen are playing right now, and they can also be a great adition to the FC Bayern squad.

I don't think either Ronaldo, Ronaldihno or Henry are the first choice for FC Bayern , cause the last thing we need is to be the "Real Madrid" of Germany, with so many star's and playing just like shit.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
Don't want Ronaldinho on the team? Are you on some sort of drug? It's a fantasy wishlist. Besides, it's not like Bayern can afford him.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Of course I'd like Ronaldihno on my team, but the fact is, I dont see Ronaldihno at FC Bayern.

And if FC Bayern did buy Ronaldihno, we would be a team like Real Madrid, full of stars but no middle class player's who can do the so called "dirty work".

Cause with Ballack, Zé, Deisler and Ronaldihno on the starting line-up, there is no room for Micho, Jerry or Owen Hargreaves.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
First of all, you don't see Ronaldinho on Bayern is because this is a fantasy wishlist. Do you understand the word fantasy? This is a wishlist with no restriction attached. Second of all, Ronaldinho doesn't play for Real and no need to make an assumption that having him on Bayern and Bayern will become like Real. Finally, if you are against Ronaldinho being on the team, then there is no need for you to say " of course I'd like Ronaldihno on my team". Because your logic just doesn't make any sense. By the way, both Jerry and Owen aren't going to get any better than before. They are done.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
It is a prediction, if Bayern get's all the super soccer stars, we will be just like Real Madrid.

Madrid is more worried about selling t-shirts, than winning matches right now.
When Real Madrid got David Beckham's contract, they recovered all the money they inverted on that transfer in 3 months or less. Real Madrid it's more a franchise than a team. I don't want to see FC Bayern to become that.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
If you consider Ballack, Deisler and Ze Roberto are super stars, then don't you think Bayern should have been like Real by now? After all, they are on the team already. But in reality, Bayern isn't like Real, not even close. So your prediction has no base value.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Well since u bring up that topic rammsteing, Real's stars have way more international appeal than the Bayern stars do.

The only Bayern player who has worldwide international appeal even close to that of the Real Madrid players is Michael Ballack. (we do have Olli Kahn; but who buys goalkeeper jerseys :D ) Deisler and Ze Roberto are fodder compared to the likes of Zidane and Ronaldo and Raul.

And i dont even dare bring up Beckham; who im sure sells more shirts alone than the entire Bayern team put together.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
you didn't read my posts correctly balla, need to go back and start reading all of them from post #8. I never consider Deisler and Ze Roberto are super stars.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Rammstein, my point was simply to say that I don't enjoy to watch team's full of super stars. I think a team should have 1 or maybe 2 super stars.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
In other words, you don't enjoy watching teams such as Brazilian national team or Argentines play. Those teams are loaded with stars. The problem is not about having stars on the team, the problem is whether those stars get their job done or not on the pitch. Obviously some do and some don't, respectively such as Brazilian national team and Real Madrid.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I get ur point Rammstein. I agree with you on the fact that there is nothing more fun than to see a team packed with superstars play to their collective best of their abilities. No better sight in football. Its a dream.

But i think i understand the point that Felipe is making as well. What he wants to say is that he doesnt want a team loaded with dysfunctional superstars from different backgrounds and identities who may not get along well and not produce football of the level of what is expected of them. Like for example Real Madrid.

But since this is a wishlist. What the hell :cool:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I can't believe that all of you guys missed the obvious. The player that should be on every Bayern fan's wishlist is MICHAEL BALLACK!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts