Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Furious Arsenal star Nigel Winterburn was left devastated last night after being denied a move to London rivals West Ham.

Full-back Winters' switch across the capital appeared to be signed and sealed after he agreed terms on a two-year deal with Hammers boss Harry Redknapp.

But greedy Arsenal threw a spanner in the works at the 11th hour by demanding £500,000 after previously agreeing to reward his 13 years of loyalty with a free transfer.

Winterburn, 36, believed he had a gentleman's agreement with Arsenal over his future.

Although he still has a year to run on his contract, the left-back was promised he could leave if he was not getting regular first-team football.

And after secret talks with Redknapp, a lucrative contract was agreed.

But Arsenal have reneged on their promise and are refusing to let him go unless the Hammers cough up £500,000.

Winterburn has been left shattered by Arsenal's demand after a decade at Highbury and playing more than 600 games.

An Arsenal insider admitted: "Nigel is fuming at the way he has been treated.

"He has served the club loyally for 13 years only to be dealt a blow like this.

"He has been a major part of a great Arsenal side that has won virtually every honour in the English game and now they hit him with this."

Winterburn's agent Steve Kutner confirmed: "Yes, it's true Arsenal have gone back on their agreement.

"Nigel is devastated - he would love to go to West Ham."

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
why????
its not as if arsenal needs the money right?
why not let winterburn do wat he likes, hes been so loyal to arsenal for all these years

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i understand he's angry,he has been a arsenal player for so long and nopw the "youngster" silvinho is playing in the first lineup.
he might be better for the moment but winterburn may have about 2 years left in his career,so i think he should play instaid..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, well well... poor chap! Arsenal should have let him go for free, i mean, come one, 15 damn years of serving is an achievement! i doubt Silvinho would last 15 years at the club..
In other words, Arsenal are a greedy bastard and somebody should kick wenger's ass!
There is this story about him againts English players, is it true? no wonder, then.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
wenger shold go,he is just an arrogant coach who hates english players and only wanna invade london with his damn foreigners.
arsenal is not a team,just a colony
and i don't like it.........

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this Vengers or Hill-Woods decision, cos either one don´t know the meaning of the words loyal service, or else have they walked around with closed eyes for the past 13 years.

Besides that, I would have loved to see good old Winterburn with my hardhitting Hammers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts