Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Okay, cool. I have missed having an Argentinian striker since Julio Cruz was playing at the 9 position.

Why would Advocaat drop Linssen? I would expect Pratto to play in the middle between Linssen on the left wing and Berghuis on the right wing.

Maybe Linssen starts in the middle with Narsingh on the left. And then with 20-30 minutes left, Advocaat brings on Pratto for Narsingh, and that pushes Linssen back to his favored left wing spot.

Jorgensen has to know that he is being shown the door now.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Yeah true, Linssen on the left indeed a possibility as Narsingh looked quite lost in his last outing.

Wonder if Haps is back.

Ramon Hendriks, central defender for the u21s has been loaned out to Lex Immers' NAC for the remainder of the season. Logical as the u21s competition has been put on hold due to Covid19. We should see more youngsters be given opportunities elsewhere because of this.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Yeah, that appears to have been a hoax. He had the usual injury problems. Hope he is fine though. Was among our most valuable outfield players in the first half of the season

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
I predict that Botteghin, Narsingh, and Van Beek will not be given contract extensions. Feyenoord might try to buy Spajic from Krasnodar; he has done well. Not sure about Johnston. Wasn't really given much opportunity so it might be up to Slot's evaluation.
Botteghin and Narsingh agree. Can still see van Beek being given a new contract as we can be sentimental and there's the risk too of losing Senesi in the summer and not being to buy Spajic.

Marsman, despite my early doubts, should be given a new contract in my opinion, if he wants to stay on as number two. Can understand if he wants to try his luck somewhere else if he's guaranteed the number one spot there.

The club can extend Nieuwkoop's contract (1 year extension) and I think they will, even though most people aren't that convinced by him. Back-up behind Geertruida, fine then, even though Geertruida is still viewed as being more of a CB than RB.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah, I forgot about the interest in Senesi. He will likely go to Italy in the summer, so Van Beek will be needed along with another new CB or two. I would like to see us buy Spajic.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Narsingh is said to be close to a loan deal to Twente.

Cerny is out for some time for them and with Narsingh's contact with us running out in the summer, it's better for him to get a lot of playing time at another club.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Narsingh has joined Twente on loan till the end of the season.

George Johnston has joined Wigan Athletic on loan till the end of the season. His contract with us ends at the end of the season, but the club does have a clause they can use to extend it. Wigan are currently 22nd in League 1.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Johnston wasn't really given much chance to prove himself. He did appear versatile, playing at LB when Haps and Malacia were both out. But he is a CB, right? What about next season? Do we lose Senesi and Spajic? I don't like the fact that we may have short-timers at both CB positions now.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I suspect there will be an offer for Senesi we can't turn down. I'm not sure what the situation with Spajic is. Seems like he might one worth having around. I actually wouldn't mind keeping Botteghin as a sub as long as he's not super expensive. It's good to have an experienced CB on the bench. Not sure who should replace Senesi. Bruno Martins-Indi? I reckon the situation with Johnston was that he just didn't show enough quality in training. He was an odd acquisition in the first place. One of Stam's right? I mean, Stam's team had a very dodgy record in all imaginable terms, including acquisitions (Liam Kelly???).

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Yes, Johnston is actually a CB and he apparently played as one in Wigan's 0-0 draw against Fleetwood Town Player ratings: Wigan Athletic v Fleetwood Town
I personally think he'll be staying in the UK especially if he enjoys his loan spell at Wigan. A guy of his age needs to play week in week out and even if Senesi and Spajic are gone, I'd be surprised if Johnston was given a contract extension other than to maybe get some money for the club and actually if so, do League One clubs actually pay transfer fees?
Johnston was indeed a Stam acquisition.

Triple loan deal confirmed. The 3 guys have actually already trained with their new club, but Naoufal Bannis and Jong Feyenoord midfielders, the nicely named Bernardo Silva and Norwegian Mikael Johnson will join FC Dordrecht till the end of the season. Hope they can get a lot of games, physically improve and impress.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Next one to go, Dylan Vente on loan to Roda JC. Some of his wages off our books till the summer. He still has a year at club after that.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Deadline day is on Monday night and there have been more offers:

De Graafschap want Wehrmann on loan, but we also aren't stacked in midfielders right now with Kokcu and Teixeira out on the sidelines. The club will take their time on this one. There also has been an offer from Hoffenheim to buy him right now (small ammount - contract expires in the summer, but the club does have an option to extend it for a year).

Centre-back Sondre Skogen from Jong Feyenoord (competition halted in the autumn thanks to Covid19) will join Excelsior on loan.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Jonas Svensson is said to be on our shortlist in the summer. He's available then on a bosman and if it were to happen then I wouldn't be all too surprised. Different managers at de Kuip have had doubts about whether Nieuwkoop could make it at Feyenoord and Geertruida is said to be more of a CB than RB. Of course the AZ link too with Slot. We'll see what happens.

To continue the outgoing loan deals from the non-playing Jong Feyenoord team, Marouan Azarkan is said to be on his way to NAC.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I wonder who Slot will be able to entice to come to Rotterdam. In addition to Svensson, how about Martins-Indi? Senesi is sure to go to some big-money club; I have a hard time remembering another Feyenoord central defender since 1996 (when I started following) who has the same level of composure.

Stengs and Boadu are more likely to go to bigger clubs outside the Netherlands. I like Jesper Karlsson as a replacement for Berghuis. And there is a 19-year-old Gullit at AZ. :)

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Boadu has had a lesser season this season, but for foreign clubs, that might mean a chance to get him for less money.

Martins Indi is a guy we look at with fond memories, but he did look iffy today for Klaassen's goal. Not sure how he's done in the other games as I don't really watch other games for fun anymore.

If Gullit were to be half as good as his father :love:

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Azarkan on loan to NAC has been confirmed by their coach

The next one to possibly go is Achraf El Bouchataoui. VVV in his case, but it might be a permanent deal as Evert Linthorst (just 20 - but yeah, can't blame him) is said to be on his way to a club in the UAE.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Forgot to mention this earlier, but we have signed a right winger in 18 year old Aliou Balde from Diambars FC in Senegal

First time in a long time that we've signed a player from Africa. Salomon Kalou and John Owoeri were among the last ones we got from the continent. Might sound weird considering how worldwide football is and the fact that small Finnish or Slovakian sides have players directly signed from African sides, but we pretty much stuck to just Europe and occasionally a bit of South America under van Geel.

Good luck to Aliou. Hope to see or hear more of him next season. No youth league this season so he'll have to train with the first team.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Interesting. Obvs I have no idea about this guy. But best of luck to him; hope things will turn out well.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Surprising loan deal yesterday, even though it is logical as he couldn't any playing time with us:

Sven van Beek has joined Willem II on loan till the end of the season

Jong Feyenoord LB Ian Smeulers has also joined team Petro.

Wehrmann and El Bouchataoui in the end didn't make moves, but there's still going round that an unnamed Swiss side wants Wehrmann and that the transferwindow in Switzerland is still open for a fortnight.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts