Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is kind of early to talk about winter transfer window deals, but the commentator in today's match (Week 3) stated that Inter Miami, David Beckham's MLS club, are interested in bringing Berghuis over for the 2021 season, which starts in March. It was news to me. I know that Barcelona and a few other clubs were also interested in Berghuis for the Summer 2020 window.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Barcelona? :p but he didn't do that great at Watford. Even though Koeman is looking at very other Dutchman, surely Barcelona will aim higher

Heard some rumour that Berghuis if sold for more than 8m euros, will pocket half the money. That was one of the things in the new contract he signed for Feyenoord.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, news had Koeman wanting to bring him to Barcelona. But like you said, he probably was looking at every one of the Dutch NT as potential signees.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
We've been linked to Everton's Cenk Tosun, but yeah, Besiktas and WBA have too.
We'll no doubt be linked to a number of names (Kaj Sierhuis one too already - that isn't so exciting, but who knows, he might unexpectedly fit in), but the question remains whether there are funds for those extra wages.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
AD rumour: Hellas Verona want Wehrmann.
His contract expires in the summer. Race against the clock for him to sign on. No idea if or when Arnesen offered him a new contract.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Hm. Didn't look very good last time I saw him, in possession at least. Should see more of him.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
His cross pass to Vente wasn't bad though, but I have to see more of him.

Botteghin, Marsman, Spajic (loan), Narsingh, van Beek, Johnston (club has extension clause though), Nieuwkoop and 3rd or 4th goalie ten Hove are the other guys in our squad whose contracts expire in the summer.

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I predict that Botteghin, Narsingh, and Van Beek will not be given contract extensions. Feyenoord might try to buy Spajic from Krasnodar; he has done well. Not sure about Johnston. Wasn't really given much opportunity so it might be up to Slot's evaluation.

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
I'm not familiar with him, but this is a compilation of his goals at River

He's tall and provided he can stay fit, surely he can do something in the land of defenders who give you a meter of space even if his goalscoring record isn't that great. His last season at Velez and first one at Atletico Mineiro were probably his best ones.

Surprised we managed to get someone. Rumour sites mention that we had a look at Pelle but his wage demands were out of our league so we switched to Pratto. Rijnmond claims that Frank Arnesen has confirmed that he only needs to pass his medical. Deal looks done.

One striker will however leave. Jorgensen, Bannis or Vente? Loan or outright sale.
Vente unfortunately earns way too much for any Eerste Divisie club. Bannis could do with a loan spell and Nicolai, not sure which club would want him with his current form. FCK maybe?

Reactions: rkrichardson

·
Administrator
30,933 Posts
Well, Wally,

He is more a cult player, because it is that kind of player that would fight for every ball and since he is big, he gives the impression of being slow, so he sometimes managed to save balls that seemed unlikely. Also, a knack of scoring goals against Cruzeiro. He is not highly skilled, can play with fowards. Has mobility, can protect the ball. His finishing is a basically canon with one leg, not something precise (we used to joke that he had to be losing balance to score a goal). Can play smart to open space for other players, give assists, but not a great to create chances for himself. Great use of physical power. The thing, he was in clear decline last 1,2 years at River.

Reactions: rkrichardson

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
Thanks for that Joao. In the video there were also goals which he scored when falling over. Quite looking forward to the restart of the season.

I take it that he is better than Kazim? :p

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
...ok. Not at all sure about this one. But if he's good at link up play then who knows. I mean Kazim was better than Jorgensen has been this season so if this guy is on par, he'll be an improvement. But I kind of think we might have been able to lure in someone better who wants to play in the cup this coming summer.

·
Administrator
30,933 Posts
Thanks for that Joao. In the video there were also goals which he scored when falling over. Quite looking forward to the restart of the season.

I take it that he is better than Kazim? :p
That Kazim that played here for Coritiba and Corinthians and couldnt score standing up, falling, anything? Sure, he is :D

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm, a 32-year-old striker whose best goal scoring seasons were 5-7 years ago? I mean, what could possibly go wrong? :(

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
That Kazim that played here for Coritiba and Corinthians and couldnt score standing up, falling, anything? Sure, he is :D
That's a relief :p

Without knowing much, I have a positive feeling about the loan as Pelle had a below average goalscoring record too before joining us, but coming to the Eredivisie must have felt a relief to him when contending with the type of defenders here. In Argentina he was up against butchers every week. Here they just fall over.

·
Administrator
30,933 Posts
The odd thing is that when Sampaoli came to Atletico in March, there was a consensus that the team needed a 9 and apparently Atletico tried Pratto, due to his "cult hero" status here and River apparently didnt accept a proposal, which in my opinion would be too generous for a player with this age and that can go with long spells without goal, despite his constant fighting spirit.

In doubt, you can always get a new Somalia :D

·
Registered
59,312 Posts
El Oso, the bear has arrived. 6 month loan

Linssen might be disappointed to be dropped for the Sparta game next week Sunday after scoring a hattrick, so I think Advocaat will start Pratto on the bench for that one, but I think we'll be seeing Pratto very soon.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts