Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barcelona should definitely sign in winter. A good signing won't be frowned upon. Why wait til summer, when the player's prices might double or triple since most clubs will bid then. A player might cost Barca more then than now. That would be smart buying.

So what if it's a sign of weakness? We have to admit the obvious, we depend on Ronaldinho. We have to get into a Champions League position, and it doesn't look good.

Not qualifying for CL would be a mayor f**k up for this team because it will hurt Barca's chances of nailing a superstar player this summer, eventhough money talks... :cool:

Any suggestions or opinions?

JC

·
Super Moderator
13,641 Posts
You should buy Davids.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
theyre mentioning Alex of Cruziero in the newspapers....heard a lot about him...but does he have a EU passport ? plus Rossell came out today and said no winter signings :confused:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
The managers have said that there will be no new signs in winter. It's better nothing than "Sorines" or this kind of players that doesn't add anything. One thing is true, in this time there are not good players in the market.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Koeman4 said:
The managers have said that there will be no new signs in winter. It's better nothing than "Sorines" or this kind of players that doesn't add anything. One thing is true, in this time there are not good players in the market.
we need players...its certain we wont be setting the stage alight with these group of players....i would imagine with huge earners like Bonano, Dani, Enke and Andersson moving on PERMANENTLY in the winter transfer window we could have some cash from the money saved by their salaries....a fee of 5 million could be enough to work with...time we took a closer look at targets within the Spanish market rather than abroad...at this stage atleast... !

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
husain_14 said:
we need players...its certain we wont be setting the stage alight with these group of players....i would imagine with huge earners like Bonano, Dani, Enke and Andersson moving on PERMANENTLY in the winter transfer window we could have some cash from the money saved by their salaries....a fee of 5 million could be enough to work with...time we took a closer look at targets within the Spanish market rather than abroad...at this stage atleast... !
I know we need players, I've seen them playing every weekend and the only ones I'd save is Ronaldinho and Iniesta (for what he can do in the future). I know we have free money now, but I think that now no one of a level enough to play in Barça can come to "save" us.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
A good finisher and a new coach :D you don´t need Alex you already have Ronaldinho and Riquelme. Buy a good striker from the French or German league like Cisse/Prso or better buy Fernando Torres.

Also you guys miss a good freekicker, although Ronaldinho is not bad he is not great at it.

And if Riquelme does not come back I would like to see Juninho P in Barça :)

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Koeman you missed out on Puyol :tongue:

but coming back to topic i think we need to replace players like Cocu and LE21 who were more or less utility players...we talk of adding Henrys and Vieris but we keep forgetting that the are from where these guys will be provided goals is being neglected....im not saying we should go out and splash for some hotshot midfielder...but someone of substance...Exteberria ? Yeste ? Edgar ? these are players which can be used in squad rotation as they dont have the mantle of world class players on their hear....

do this or bring in blood from the B team and use them properly...time Iniesta got a decent run albeit on the bench....ive heard Verdu is not that great....but anyways maybe we should check him out....and Sergio :cool:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I agree with Liternit, Alex isn't needed when you have Ronaldinho and Riquelme. ;) Davids might be a good name, and in six months he'll be a free agent, which may force Juve into negotiating him.

However, more than someone for midfield, Barça desperately needs a central defender (all those improvisations are doomed to end in disaster) and a striker.

And of course, a new coach would be good too... :mute:

·
Registered
417 Posts
As Rosell and Txiki said we wont buy any new players during winter transfer window. And players like Alex only amuse me...We dont need any non ue players!

We need only normal coach who will make everything well in the club...Because i dont believe that we have worst footballers than for example Osasuna who is higher in the table:rolleyes:

And i prefer normal transfers during summer instead of fast transfers in winter. The footballers which come to Barca during winter like Sorin, Amunike, R de Boer dont make career in Barcelona......

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Sorin made a deep impact on me (and I know that I'm not alone on this one). Unfortently he didn't have a european passport. He was really good for us and I wouldn't hessitate to bring him back the day he's a communitarian. But I agree with you that loaning a player for six months isn't the best solution.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
A possible team: with two major investments, but obviously only in my dreams.

1. Rustu

2. Samuel or Nesta, or Chivu, or Lucio (1° investment)
6. Andersson
4. Puyol
3. Someone from la cantera you must have a decent 3, a basquetball player is better than Reizeger.

5. Battaglia
5 bis. I don't know if Mauro Silva is still a regular first team player if it is buy him, an old school 5, and surely cheap, if not take out your wallets because you desperatly need another mid field defender.
8. Roman
10. Aimar (2° investement)
11. Ronaldinho

9. Kluivert (another chance, if he continues missing chances with this team well,,, good bye)
7. Saviola (his real position, nationalizate him)

Subs: Overmars, Luis garcia, INIESTA (a very good prospect)

Get rid of: Xavi, Cocu, Reizeger, Gabri, Motta, Bonano if still there, Dani if still there, and so many....

AND FINALLY: A COACH!!!!!! someone in the same level of Barcelona as a club, stop acting like a small club because you are going to convert in one, names: The arsenal guy, Bianchi, Cryuff, etc...

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Sorry I forgot to said that the possibilities are: playing with three defenders, without the 3 you don't have, or playing only with Kluivert or Saviola as 9, Ronaldinho in this team is another striker.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,621 Posts
Chances to get any good new signings to the team during winter is unlikely.Maybe they buy/loan some average backup players, but probably not even that.We're stuck with the current bunch and just have to hope that they start to perform good.But that will never happen.:sob:

Anyway, if Laporta has some braincells left he should sack Rijkaard and start new year with new coach.Frank has been around long enough to prove his uselessness.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Let's sign!

jedras said:
And i prefer normal transfers during summer instead of fast transfers in winter. The footballers which come to Barca during winter like Sorin, Amunike, R de Boer dont make career in Barcelona...... [/B]

Not signing in summer because of past experiences are not solid grounds to support that argument.

If this were true, then Rijkaard is eventually going to win a Liga because other Barca Dutch coaches in the past have won (Michels, Cruyff, Van Gaal). And then we also should not sign Henry or Trezeguet because historically french players never triumphed in Barca (Dehu, Blanc, Dugarry, Petit).

We need to be in CL next season, and now that Andersson and Oleguer are gone, our Defence is going to suffer alot and needs to stay healthy all season long.

JC

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Re: Let's sign!

CampNou said:
Not signing in summer because of past experiences are not solid grounds to support that argument.

If this were true, then Rijkaard is eventually going to win a Liga because other Barca Dutch coaches in the past have won (Michels, Cruyff, Van Gaal). And then we also should not sign Henry or Trezeguet because historically french players never triumphed in Barca (Dehu, Blanc, Dugarry, Petit).

We need to be in CL next season, and now that Andersson and Oleguer are gone, our Defence is going to suffer alot and needs to stay healthy all season long.

JC
But those coaches had a lot more experience then Rijkaard. Laporta was an idiot to have signed a coach who freaked out when it really mattered as coach of Holland, and couldn't prevent Sparta degregate to the Dutch second division. Also, it's been mader very easy former-big players of Holland to get their training diploma. People like Rijkaard, van Basten, en Gullit got thair training diploma a lot easier then somebody else who was also part of the great EURO 88 team, somebody like Vanenburg. But he didn't win as much prizes as a player and didn't have as much caps, so he had to learn a lot more before who could get his diploma.
To cut to the chase, Rijkaard is too in-experienced to lead Barca to a title, and he probably didn't realise what he started, until it was too late.

Thos French players you mentioned weren't exactly the cream of the crop. Sure Blanc was a classy defender, and Petit was once an outstanding midfielder, but I think players like Henry, Zidane, Mexes, or Pires could definitely make Barca a better team.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Re: Let's sign!

CampNou said:

JC
But about winter transfers dont decide fans like You and me but FCB directors; Laporta, Rosell, Txiki...And it is no matter that u think we should do something...:smileani: And dont resemble me abou past...As u wrote it doesnt matter that Cruyff, Michels and van Gaal won La Liga. It doesnt mean taht Rijkaard will - agree.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Koeman4 said:
One thing is true, in this time there are not good players in the market.
No Koeman that's their version of the story.I mean,if you really got the money there's always great players to improve such a pathetic team unless you have nothing to aim for,and if they really want to make CL they have to improve this "thing"

If you got the money and don't fool fans about 2 superstars(although Ronaldinho makes easily for 2 as a player),you go buy Vieri.

Unless they believe the team and Rijakard will improve all of a sudden,we will end fourth and we will buy Henry or RVN next summer.:rollani: :rollani:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts