Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Busi has already been sold - absolutely useless player for us.

Seems like Kalma is on the way out on the corporate side too...

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Lots of rumours of who we might move for in January - it seems like we will sign players in all areas.

Giovinco is a name mentioned, apparently there have been talks?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Rumours of Giovinco have been happening for years, and honestly a player who in his prime went to a pay-day league leaves questions about his suitability for Serie B (let alone A). See if he signs and then proves me wrong.

Talk of Man going to Galatassary, on loan, but if I read it correctly Parma want the option to get him back at the end of the loan (seeing as he hasn't impressed with either Maresca or Iachini), though there was also talk of D'Aversa trying to get him to Sampdoria (thought to be too expensive for that move).

On the Sampdoria front also talk of perhaps Sepe moving that way, would be good to get him off the books if nothing else, he was a decent keeper aside from last year.... and there's no value in retaining someone to pay their wages when they're not enrolled to even play for you.

Otherwise lots of talk of players we're connected to but no significant signings as yet. Helps that Serie B got suspended as Covid-19 has gone ballistic in Italy now (Buffon's out with it at the moment).

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rumours of Giovinco have been happening for years, and honestly a player who in his prime went to a pay-day league leaves questions about his suitability for Serie B (let alone A). See if he signs and then proves me wrong.

Talk of Man going to Galatassary, on loan, but if I read it correctly Parma want the option to get him back at the end of the loan (seeing as he hasn't impressed with either Maresca or Iachini), though there was also talk of D'Aversa trying to get him to Sampdoria (thought to be too expensive for that move).

On the Sampdoria front also talk of perhaps Sepe moving that way, would be good to get him off the books if nothing else, he was a decent keeper aside from last year.... and there's no value in retaining someone to pay their wages when they're not enrolled to even play for you.

Otherwise lots of talk of players we're connected to but no significant signings as yet. Helps that Serie B got suspended as Covid-19 has gone ballistic in Italy now (Buffon's out with it at the moment).
And it seems that Covid-19 has made teams reluctant to let go of players, so that probably doesn't help things.

Perderzoli has denied any interest in Giovinco. Worries me that he is saying that we have a 'strong team' when the results say otherwise.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Apparently Filippo Costa is coming from Napoli on loan (with Napoli having the right to retain him at the end of the loan). Reading his history I'm more confused than impressed, since being signed by Napoli he's been loaned out repeatedly and to some lowly clubs at that!

Seen as a sign that Zagaritis will go back to Greece as Costa can cover the wing role.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently Filippo Costa is coming from Napoli on loan (with Napoli having the right to retain him at the end of the loan). Reading his history I'm more confused than impressed, since being signed by Napoli he's been loaned out repeatedly and to some lowly clubs at that!

Seen as a sign that Zagaritis will go back to Greece as Costa can cover the wing role.
Very uninspiring signing. Presumably he is just cover?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see why we can't reintegrate Simone Iacoponi into the team. He's good enough to be a backup at the very least, although maybe not as mobile as needed in the three man defence.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I don't see why we can't reintegrate Simone Iacoponi into the team. He's good enough to be a backup at the very least, although maybe not as mobile as needed in the three man defence.
When Iachini took over I read comments that seemed to imply that he would be enrolled to provide some experience, instead it sounds more likely we'll offload him if we can (unless I'm getting confused with the other Iacoponi in the squad).

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Dierckx situation is weird too. Is clearly a capable player in defence but yet we don't play him?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The Dierckx situation is weird too. Is clearly a capable player in defence but yet we don't play him?
There's a lot that seems odd around this squad, players who play for their National or U-21 but can't get into our team (because we're playing so well of course....). Then there's examples like Sohm who's been played out of position, performed badly and may well have lost some confidence.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's a lot that seems odd around this squad, players who play for their National or U-21 but can't get into our team (because we're playing so well of course....). Then there's examples like Sohm who's been played out of position, performed badly and may well have lost some confidence.
Totally agree. I mean Zagaritis is Under 21 captain for Greece, but apparently not good enough?

We seem to be struggling to make any signings or offload players.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Totally agree. I mean Zagaritis is Under 21 captain for Greece, but apparently not good enough?

We seem to be struggling to make any signings or offload players.
Yeah now the Sepe deal is at risk as the other keeper at Sampdoria has changed their mind about their move....

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
In other news, the squad have all had their 3rd dose of the vaccine (Buffon possibly not yet as he's out with Covid-19).

It's a bit of a mystery, one article I read indicates Dierckx is leaving, the next he's working hard to recover from injury and make himself available....

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
We are about to sign Abdu Conté it seems, a left back. Another random player from another league, although seems a bit like Coulibaly

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We are about to sign Abdu Conté it seems, a left back. Another random player from another league, although seems a bit like Coulibaly
Edit - we got beaten to him by Troyes.

I understand the covid issues, but our player recruitment has generally been awful. The Tutino signing this season is baffling - why did we pay 6 million plus euros for a player that didn't even really fit into Maresca's system. Napoli have rinsed us for millions over the years for their reserve players - Filippo Costa being the latest one.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Edit - we got beaten to him by Troyes.

I understand the covid issues, but our player recruitment has generally been awful. The Tutino signing this season is baffling - why did we pay 6 million plus euros for a player that didn't even really fit into Maresca's system. Napoli have rinsed us for millions over the years for their reserve players - Filippo Costa being the latest one.

Given the randomness I'm relieved that we lost out on Conté....

Don't forget Tutino was voted best forward of Serie B.... For what reason I do not know!

I'm clearly mad as I still have faith in the majority of this squad, with Iachini, to get us back into play off contention. The problem being even playoffs are going to a be a nightmare to win and automatic promotion is a step too far...

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We need to start the second half of the season well - I still think we will be lucky to get to the playoffs.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Well we've signed a player..... in summer who can now play for us, Bernabé is now on the roster after the signing was found to be after the closure of the summer window. An attacking midfielder, but time will tell if he's going to get picked (and more importantly is anywhere near match ready).

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Links with Eder, who I think we considered last year?
A 35 year old former International who's being in his "pay day" league for a few years.... Sounds like a dumb idea (I like to be proven wrong).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts