Xtratime Community banner

Winter mercato 2020

2K views 39 replies 6 participants last post by  Indra 
#1 ·
We've already signed Kurtic, who seems decent. Hopefully we can sign defensive and attacking reinforcements. It looks like we need an Inglese replacement given his constant injuries.

#7 ·
Adorante isn't ready. And frankly I don't understand why he was valued at 7 - 8 million when we bought Kurtic, an established player for less than that. He showed no signs of breaking in to the team. Compare that to Bastoni who basically fought himself into the team last year.

Inglese is out for at least 1.5 months which means that we need a tip. Conte doesn't want to give away Esposito. Moise Kean has been proposed. Quite interesting this.

#10 ·
I said in the Udinese thread, but I doubt is just bad luck. Surely our fitness regime is affecting players, or maybe the league is just getting more physically demanding.

We desperately need reinforcements now and we don't have long to get them.

#21 · (Edited)
The problem seems to be that he wants to go, not that we want to cash in.
I’d be ok with it at the end of the season but on the last day of the January window would be a shitty thing to do. Especially in an injury crisis, where even HE is currently injured.

We’ll see..... it might just be speculation... although Faggiano pretty much confirmed that there were talks.

Caprari seems to have signed though.

#22 ·
True, reports say it's something like 4 million euros a season from Qatar, which is tax free, so understand the appeal. There's no real player like him and we have no cover, so hopefully there is a plan here. Can't argue with the impact he's had the club since our promotion.

#23 ·
5 million to us. That’s NOTHING on the transfer market. There is no way to get anyone back that will have such an immediate impact on us, unless we luck out on another Kulu.

Personally I’d agree to let him leave at the end of the season. But if he wants to go, then there isn’t much we can do.

Perhaps adjust his wages for the end of the season?

#28 · (Edited)
Don’t forget we got Kurtic at the start of the window.

Gervinho isn’t official yet. Awkward first training if the transfer falls through.

edit: Oh and the contract he has been offered was 4 million per season for three years.

Can‘t blame him for trying to secure his pension, but I wish he had gone for it either earlier in the transfer window or at the end of the season.

#29 ·
Fairly average transfer market to be honest, we've got some cover but I would have thought we would have got a striker given our injury situation. The Gervinho situation is disappointing, it would have been far better if we had gone at the beginning of the window. I guess he is going to be frozen out of the squad now if the transfer doesn't materialise?

#30 ·
You mean an extra one aside from Caprari? @Indra
I think Gervinho will do a mea culpa, sit Cagliari out and be back next week.

It would be counter productive to keep him out of the squad. For one thing we can actually use him, but other than that we'd be chucking away money if we leave him out until the summer.

But if he refuses to play because he's trying to force us to disband his contract, then **** him. Let him rake the leaves at the training ground.

Let's not get carried away though, the transfer might have gone through, and if it hasn't, he might just want to play.

#31 ·
damn. didn't realized the situation was this serious

https://www.football-italia.net/149523/daversa-slams-ungrateful-gervinho
It has been a tense few days for Parma, as Gervinho didn’t turn up to training for three days in a row to force through a transfer to Al-Sadd.
However, the paperwork seemingly didn’t go through in time, so the Ivorian is stuck in limbo. D’Aversa suggested it’ll take a lot of apologising for Gervinho to get back into this Parma side.
“We’ll see what happens, but I would just like to point out Gervinho had his best couple of seasons for many years because he had a team willing to work hard to create the chances for him.
“If you don’t mind, I really do not want to talk about Gervinho this evening. I want to talk about Colombi, Iacoponi, Kucka, lads who gave their all for this jersey and worked very hard this evening for an important result.
“We know what happened, we’ll evaluate the situation and act consequently. What matters is the squad and they allowed Gervinho to get back to a high level after he basically stopped playing football professionally in China.”

also D'Aversa also feels we should have signed another centravanti
D’Aversa also had words for the club after the January transfer window shut.

“With Roberto Inglese injured, Cornelius is our only centre-forward. I have to hope he never gets a cold.”

#32 ·
All good points, stuff like this happens all the time in football - had felt Gervinho wasn't that sort of player, but clearly not.

Can someone explain the player registration lists? What are the restrictions on players being listed on/off them?

#33 ·
So - Gervinho deal was not completed in time meaning he's technically still ours. As I read it seems Inglese is not in our list of Serie A players for the rest of the season (out injured) and Gervinho IS. The article goes on to offer the olive branch - he's done a great job for the club, and who wouldn't want to take that offer. So now the hope is we can "unfreeze" the relationship as if he's ours till the summer market we need him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.