·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iniesta is not livin up to his hype...need good wingas! what do u think

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Iniesta is good, it's his finishing that's lacking. He can't hit the broadside of a barn and his confidence in front of goal is really really low. He does his other jobs rather well, plus he's not a winger. Our "wingers" are the full backs.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R10eDeus said:
Iniesta is good, it's his finishing that's lacking. He can't hit the broadside of a barn and his confidence in front of goal is really really low. He does his other jobs rather well, plus he's not a winger. Our "wingers" are the full backs.

Juv r a complete team and barca r not..so i c bayern or juve winning da cl

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yeah i think that it isn't fair to label Ronaldinho and Giuly as wingers, more like Pseudo Wingers, a mixture of an attacking midfielder and a winger.

I prefered Luis Garcia over Giuly actually in that position, not as a player, but in that certain position. Luis Garcia helped the defense sometimes, and was just more suited to that role.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
Juv r a complete team and barca r not..so i c bayern or juve winning da cl
lol, I think he said: Juventus are a complete team and Barca are not... so I see Bayern or Juventus winning the Champions League

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Injesta's touch in the middle is class, his swift midfield turning and diversion of play to empty space by vision of total space is incredible...

this is the hard part for a middlefielder.... as for finishing, it will come with more experience and parctice

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yeah his shots are a bit weak and lack direction ... needs to improve on them ... he definitely needs to add power to his long shots .... otherwise he is a very promising talent .... if he can add goal scoring to his repertoire, that would be amazing ....

·
Registered
967 Posts
we have had shit wingers before-quaresma, good wingers-simao, ok wingers-overmars and players on the wing who aren't wingers-mendieta. I agree that the team is unbalanced without someone to suplement giuly but no-one will be able to replace ronaldinho and eto'o so what's the point??? I think iniesta should be confined to the sub's bench because he always has a good influence, like against Chelsea but his shooting is too wasteful for him to start like all the chances missed against Osasuna.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes...me not provoking...but a non-barca-fan whos down to earth and not on another planet :nono:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
iniesta is not livin up to his hype...need good wingas! what do u think
We have great wingers, Iniesta sure isn't world class but he is a decent winger. Your comment down bellow that we won't win the CL..well..we will see :lick:

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
all jokes aside, iniesta's poor finishing is becoming a BIG problem for this team. he seems to be the one who more occasions fall too as etoo and ronnie are marked tight. we cannot afford to have someone in a position that needs to score goals to miss all the time. the only goal he scored this year was the one in the first minute against albacete i think and that was like a stolen ball that fell into the net. its really troublesome, he needs to fix this part of his game or he may fall to the bench, too much of a liability to be attacking. should have won 3 or 4 to 0 this weekend but he continues to struggle.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
CarlosMiguel said:
all jokes aside, iniesta's poor finishing is becoming a BIG problem for this team. he seems to be the one who more occasions fall too as etoo and ronnie are marked tight. we cannot afford to have someone in a position that needs to score goals to miss all the time. the only goal he scored this year was the one in the first minute against albacete i think and that was like a stolen ball that fell into the net. its really troublesome, he needs to fix this part of his game or he may fall to the bench, too much of a liability to be attacking. should have won 3 or 4 to 0 this weekend but he continues to struggle.
True - I think most of us recognize this. However, I was looking over some goals of friendly matches and Iniesta seems to have a much cooler head when the pressure is off. He's still very young and certainly has time to mature and grow in confidence.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Holla , Carlos :howler:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Iniesta is not good at scoring. True... but let's say the truth, he's not a wing nor a striker. He's a creative midfielder, "created" to be a Guardiola, who can play everywhere, because he's really good. He's unlucky lately, but we must be fair with him, he can miss a goal, but he creates many more. People are being really unfair with the guy.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Iniesta is not good at scoring. True... but let's say the truth, he's not a wing nor a striker. He's a creative midfielder, "created" to be a Guardiola, who can play everywhere, because he's really good. He's unlucky lately, but we must be fair with him, he can miss a goal, but he creates many more. People are being really unfair with the guy.
I agree with you, we should give him more time to build up his confidence. With time I am 100% sure that the goals will flow from that kid!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts