Xtratime Community banner

Wind of changes fades away

442 views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  AMOROSO! 
#1 ·
The fact that Lazio have won the scudetto 1999-2000 shows that there's still some justice in Italian football. But it seems that Lazio's victory in Serie A has been kind of cap on the Pandora's vase of Italian football. Now evrything looks as in the whole season nothing wrong has happened, all went right, all the controversies about referees are forgot. Roma president Franco Sensi presents referees with expensive watches? Inter president Massimo Moratti says that a ref made Lazio-Inter ending with a draw in order to favour Juventus? All forgot!

So the the president of the Italian Football Federation, who was in deep waters before the last day of Serie A, can now proudly say that Italian football has no problem, after Italy's win in the Under-21 European championship. Isn't he the same man who went so close to resign after such a troubled season? Isn't he the same man who does whatever a couple of clubs want? Yes, it is. But now all is right.

And what about the president of the Italian Football League, he too had a stormy season, with many clubs' presidents asking for him to be fired. Now evrything is right for him, Lazio won the scudetto, the storm is gone and the sun is shining over him.

And what about the ridiculous situation of the two men who choose the referees for the Serie A games? One was appointed by Juve-Milan and the other by the other big clubs that didn't trust the Juve-Milan's man? The two men were going to be fired after what happened in the match between Juventus and Parma, but the Serie A title went to Lazio, and they are still there.

And what about the referees De Santis, the one of Juve-Parma? After that game, De Santis became kind of culprit for all the bad things done by the Federation and the League, that of course were so happy to give all their blames and misdoings away to the ref. In the days following Juve-Parma, the president of the Italian Referees' Association said that De Santis would have never been referee again. But with Lazio winning the scudetto, evrything has been forgot, and now that same president has just said that De Santis is ready to be referee again.

It could have been a great chance of getting rid of all the incompetent people who run Italian football, to make a clean sweep of all the suspects that have poisoned this season. Lazio have won the scudetto. And nothing will change.

FORZA LAZIO

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Aquila; I pretty much agree with you down the line, but you should also remember that the Presidents of Lazio (especially), Roma and Inter are amazingly quiet now.
I would like to say more, but as your topic title resembles a song by Scorpions I just can't bring myself to do it.
They simply suck too much :).

Ciao.

#4 ·
I want to ask one question:

Would De Santis be "clear" if instead of Parma,Inter or Milan were Juventus opponents and the goal by Cannavaro was a goal by Blanc or West? would De Santis referee again if Inter or Milan had lost CL because of that goal? because Parma lost CL and alreayd two great transfers because of it.Lazio was simply allowed to win the scudetto next season.It wont happen again in the near future.Mark my words.

Meanwhile,Parma is the only team which lost something from De Santis.But why bother...

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

#5 ·
Just think of "the winds of change" by Venom's guitar-player Mantas,
instead... that should sound a lot better. :)

Anyway, last I heard the De Santis case is still under investigation
so what should we better do that quietly wait for the desicion?

There is no need for anymore comments about this for now,
when the decision is announced there will be opportunity
enough to speak (again).

G
#6 ·
Parma lost something from De Santis, but gained much from other referees. Do you remember Parma-Inter? With those 2 points Inter would have gone to CL without playoff-game. And there are other examples.

#7 ·
Collina may gave the penalty to Parma at this game but he also stopped Crespo 5 (!!!) yes FIVE times with unexistant off-sides.Go watch the video of the game please.

Parma along with Fiorentina are the only from the 7 sisters that the refs treat them like small teams.We hardly get any decisions for us.Besides,I can very well argue that all the penalties and the off side at the Parma-Inter was blowned so Juve wouldnt have problems with nor Inter or Parma.Recall the point table at that point of the season and you'll see how right I am.And the penalty kick by Lassissi at Lazio-Parma was also not blowned for the same reason.You can say that we were not good enough for a CL spot but that we had the refs on our side is simply completely untrue.IF we had any help from the referees throughout the season (in many occasions as you say)

a) we would make the CL

b) we wouldnt loose from Perugia or draw with Udinese at home (both of them crucial games).Moreover,you forget the penalty Piacenza had against us at Tardini? doesnt matter if Di Napoli missed it but if they had scored we would draw!Do you call this help from the referees? geez,I've heard of stupid things but come on...

c) I would be the first one to admit it

------------------

G
#8 ·
I didn't say that referees were on your side, but you can't say that were against you. There wasn't an offside in the goal of Crespo against juve? Only Parma & Fiorentina? I think also Lazio & roma. For us the match against Inter (but is the same thing of Lazio-Parma) and the penalty against Reggina (we were winning 1-0). Against us or pro-juve? Too many! I think that Parma is better than milan and Inter but you paid the disaster of the beginning of the season. In conclusion: Parma had referees sometimes against, sometimes in favour, at the end you can't say that you aren't in CL because of them.

#9 ·
Diod I say this? my point is that if we played against any other side than Juve and Cannavaro scored then we would be in CL now.Frankly,I dont think that Parma got any major or minor for that matter help from the refs this season.Last season yes,but not this season.On Crespo's goal I really dont know because I didnt see the replay of the goal.But in my opinion Parmah ad two players sent off,one of them harsly,and the other completely ridiculusly sent off at this game.All in all,I think that it is a mistake to say that the De Santis call was ok since Lazio got the scudetto.Dont you agree?

------------------

#10 ·
DeSantis decision was a scandal,but to say
that you didn't see the replay on Crespo's
goal seems very hard to beleive.(you must
of heard of it,or did you not?)

REALE,CAMPIONE D'ITALIA

------------------
SEMPRE E SOLO FORZA LAZIO

#11 ·
Reale,we have discussed this again (not with you though).I saw Crespo's goal during the game,and the replays during the game.Glen told me one month later (and someone else confirmed it) that it was an off-side.However,the replays I saw where simply not long enough.I saw the replay AFTER Crespo received the ball.I didnt saw any replays to "search" for an off-side or from a different angle.

I have no problem to believe that it was an off-side but unless I see it I have no personal opinion negative or positive.

------------------

G
#13 ·
I agree. Is a BIG mistake. Maybe next year will happen again a thing like this and we won't be so lucky. But Cragnotti since we won the Scudetto has said nothing about referees. After juve-Parma he talked about professionism for referees, I think would be a good thing, but know nobody cares about it. What do you think? I am also for external helps to referees given by someone watching replays on tv.

#14 ·
Ehh Amo; I'm not going to justify cancelling Cannavaro's goal because that is impossible, but I really can't believe that anyone who watched the Parma-Juve game (and isn't a Parma fan) can have bad words to say about the sending off's of Torrisi and Dino Baggio.
Torrisi was the last man when taking Pippo out from behind (and no- contrary to what you may all think it was NOT a dive :)) which according to the rules is a red card.
Dino Baggio simply slaughtered Zambrotta on the right wing. Really- if you were not about to punish that one- then when ?
I can accept that people think Juve is getting the upper hand when actually playing but to me at least it seems a bit far fetched saying that we regulate the scores in all the other games as well.

NB: Aquila- I'd like a Pink Floyd title alot better :) - even more so if it was Depeche Mode, Us3, Radiohead or Elvis Costello :) :).

Ciao.

#15 ·
Torrisi's sent off was harsh mainly because of the first card.As for Dino's tackle,you admited yourself sometime ago that it was a ridiculus dismisall with a direct red card.I hope your memory is as strong as your judjement. :)

About results at other games...gnagnagna...lets not go into that NOW ok? next season we'll have many opportunities to discuss it.I'm sure... (although I wish the opposite) :)

------------------

#16 ·
Everybody lost the plot !!! I´m very happy that Lazio won Lo Scudetto but if things won´t change for the future just because of this ( very deserved victory ) it should never have happened.

I can´t and won´t forget that the team that lost was Parma and no other team. Let me explain: Each game that is played has to be considered an isolated event and it shouldn´t matter if it´s the first, middle or last game of the season. In Serie A the standards of the refs has been deteriorating steadily for the last couple of years and this might have been a pyrrus victory.

Parma lost 1 point and thus a CL place - to me that´s all that matters !! You can not deny the consequenses of this - no CL means a huge loss of income, it means that the best players might shrug at the thought of joining, it means a whole year lost in terms of publicity.

Parma would be wise to forget the UEFA cup for next season and spend 110% on winning Lo Scudetto.

On a different note: Parma this season did not have a Scudetto team and if you look at their midfield they are at the position they deserve to be - even 1 place higher ( if we are honest ). No doubting that Inter have on paper a better team then Parma.

None of that matters because Inters outstanding team had injury problems just like Parma and at the end it came down to one point and that point was robbed.

I hope that Parma continue to invest in a Scudetto winning team and that they keep dazzling us with great football.

I also hope that Cragnotti won´t continue on this path but rather that he teams up with the presidents of Parma, Roma and Inter to seek a way of breaking Milans / Juves stronghold on Serie A.

Forza Parma !!

#17 ·
a) Tanzi sucks
b) We wont win the sucdetto next year
c) Parma this year was funny.At the startb and at the end of the season we were miserable.We should fight for relegation.BUT we had an unbeaten run of 12 games or something when we were simply the best team in Seria A.We escaped away from teams like Fiorentina and Udinese (we know how dangerous at home these teams where) and for a moment,we could even hit the scudetto.Finally we had another lost of form and ended up fighting for a CL place,a place we should have secure with a win against Udinese at home.

Anyway,all these are past.Look to the future!

(by the way,Svennis,we were better than Roma even at this bad year)

------------------

#19 ·
Ok, so I gather that the "trail" of De Santis has not gone ahead...but I would like to know why! Aquila, Sven, Glen, Amo??? Any info for me?

And Glen, please no Radiohead!!!!!!

#21 ·
Yes you did Glen. :)

You firstly told that it was a right decision because you thought it was a second bookable offence by Dino but when I tyold you that it was a direct red card you agreed with me.

------------------

G
#23 ·
I think that Parma was better also of Juve: Buffon-Cannavaro-Thuram= best defence of Serie A (on the paper); good midfield; Crespo & Amoroso= one of the best couple of forwards. So I think that Parma has paid Amoroso's injury and the the awful beginning. Then they arrived exausted at the end of the season because they had to recover many points in the middle of the season.
PS: Depeche mode + Radiohead = depression!
FORZA OASIS!

#24 ·
Well, for the serious basis on the matter, Serie A in a way is "The Sopranos" of european football, so to speak and I see no REAL change to that in forseeable future.

For the theme song, what about "green, green grass of home", Aquila :)

For Parma, I remember (and have outlined it somewhere) that Parma turned out as the only damaged one. To me, the crying shame did decrease, I admit that, but not disappear after injustice lost it's grip on the scudetto race.

#26 ·
Okay, lets do some more music suggestions. It has nothing to
do with the essence of this topic, but what the heck :)

"Every step you take...." by the Police, cause we all will be watching
the refereeing in serie A very closely.

"Raise your fist and yell" by Alice Cooper, thats what many of us were
doing after the De Santis/Cannavaro incident.

"Dazed and confused" by Led Zepplin, thats what you get from reading
to many transfer topics.

"For those about to rock" by AC/DC, that could refer to Lazio on the
last day of the season. Actually winning lo scudetto that day was just so
unexpected. Who would have thought it could happend like that.

"If I could turn back time" by Cher, if I could I would try to be there
for Lazio's victory celebration in Rome.

"You got that right" by Lynyrd Skynyrd, refering of course
to Cragnotti's prediction that Lazio would win lo scudetto.

"If the truth be known" by Napalm Death, well what did actually
cause the rain to fall during Perugia-Juve?

"Europe after the rain" by Kreator, would this perhaps refer
to when Euro2000 will be over?

"Attitude" by Sepultura could refer to Gli Irriducibili, but maybe
some of you would prefer "Where the slime live" by Morbid Angel.

Well, it seems like I could go on with this all night. Maybe I should
post a new topic for this... but most of you probably won't know
these songs anyway. Just let me do one more to close.

"Are you happy?" by Iron Butterfly. And yes I am, cause Lazio
won lo scudetto!!!

[This message has been edited by Boyo (edited 04-06-2000).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.