Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They played BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING football in the first 15 mins. Then it was only beautiful. Still good though. :) I knew they would get it together vs Norway because they didn't underestimate them. And who called the line up perfectly? Except Kovacevic. :)
http://www.soccerforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=7462
3rd one down.

I didn't like the time wasting Jugoslavia did but I've seen others do it and it's understandable. The whole defence was amazing and Kralj made some nice saves. I think Mihajlovic was not missed and the adition of Djorovic, Komiljenovic and Saveljic really made it solid. The midfield was spectacular. Stojkovic keeps on proving why he should be captain. He is a great leader and a great player. Jugovic and Drulovic are wicked with the ball and Jokanovic won the ball quite a lot. Mijatovic showed just how skilled he is and Milosevic got the so important goal. What I'm trying to say, Jugoslavia kicks butt! :)

I just hope they can take their game to Spain too.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Yeah we are allready in 1/4 finals :cool:

I think we will do it !

Y
U
G
O
S
L
A
V
I
J
A

i da jebem majku svima koji ne vole yugu !

·
International
8,545 Posts
I have to say I thought you guys played very well. I even thought the ref was a little too harsh on you. Kezman didn't deserve a red card. That's a bad blow to him having to miss the next game. The referee was horrible.

Do you think you'll beat Spain?

D

·
0 Posts
This was a frustrating match for the neutral spectator.
In short, a bad match, bad referee, dirty tactics, boring strategy, plenty of time-wasting, little, oh so little, attractrive football. Another match that reminded me of Euro 96, but hey, Yugo have got the 3 points and now firmly on top of Group C, progession for them looks almost certain.
Just like to say that an attacking-side like Holland or France will rip them to shreds, no matter how much time Yugoslavia are going to waste.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Congarts Yugo :)

Hugh Dallas = 4, Kezman did not deserve a red card. Jugovic is the man of the match with Piksi. All Yugoslavian player played very well. Too bad Stankovic did not play :(

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Driver X you was probably watching a different game...it was not the best of games but Yugoslavia in my opinion play the best soccer.How interesting can you get against norway? in my opinion it was an ok game,definitely not boring...as for attacking sides,definitely Holland is not one of them.They dont have a play-maker,and their wings are the less creative I've ever seen.On terms of great soccer its Yugoslavia,then Portugal (or the other way around) then the chaos.I suppose you dont really enjoy back heels and dribbling,right Driver X? about wasting time,it was a very crucial game and you know that if you allow a goal against Norway you are not going to score another.Thats why I think its logical to do some delay,its a matter of tactis.The point is,Yugoslavia has proved that when they want and need,they can play great football.They are incosistent,sloppy and selfish but they are the most talented team in Europe.And when they play as a team they confirm it.Still,I prefer them over the boring to hell Norway,Sweden,Denmarak etc etc with these long balls from defence...

On Kezman's dissmisal,you can have many different views.Some may say that it was indeed a very late tackle and he deserved to go_Other people say that you dont dismiss a player just like that one minute after he came in,a yellow card and a hard lecture wuld be enough.I think the truth is somwhere between....my concern is,would Trezeguet or Del Piero or Kluivert get a the same punishmet for this challenge? I dont think so...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Amoroso: I think Saveljic does a better job in defence, so I would rather see him start against Spain.

Driver X: How you manage to draw that conclusion is completely beyond me? The passing game of Yugo was one of the best I've seen this tournament, hardly unattractive.
Its apparant you're quite pissed off about Yugo winning... mind if I ask why?
I don't know whether you're Norweigan or not, but dont worry, Norway is still in with a chance :)
Oh and, do you honestly think Norway would have won had Yugo have taken 3 or 4 throw-ins quicker?
hehe

[Edited by Voyager on 19-06-2000 at 12:05]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts