Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The draw took place today and Harel Levy had tough luck as he has to face Andre Agassi right in the first round. An opponent from the qualifiers will be Noam Okun's rival and in case he beats him, Juan Carlos Ferrero will probably be waiting in the next round.

In the women's tournament, Smashnova will play with 17 year old Indonesian Angelic Vadigaga (Spelling)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
You think that the Indonesian girl will refuse to play Shamshova....cause she is a Mooooslum!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the article I read did mention something about it. They only said her opponent might not show up due to the lack of political relationship between the two countries, but whether she shows up or not, Smashnova should be in the second round being the clear favorite (unless she chokes up again).

BTW didn't Levy beat Agassi last year? I seem to recall something like that (And I am not talking about his victory over Sampras)...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I hope so,

it will be good!

When did Levy beat samprass?

Do you think this is the start of Levy's comeback after the injury and slump?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Levy actually beat Sampras twice if I recall correctly (both on claycourts). Tough luck for him, he still seems to have that injury...
As for Okun, he should go through. Too bad Amir Hadad lost today...
Smashova should beat Widjaja, however she is very dangerous (I believe she will play with no problems).

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Levy as expected lost (6-0, 6-4, 6-4). After the weak start Levy managed to give Agassi some fight but it wasn't enough to beat the strong American. We should keep in mind this was Levy's first grand slam game for quite some time after being injured most throughout the year.

Anna and Okun (v.s Morisson) will play tomorrow (today actually).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Levy played a good game today and he gave Israel a nice name, eventhough he lost he played in the centre court...Look how nervous it is for him.

On another account, Shamshova game should be splended! I am wishing her all the luck with the ******-*****-***** indoensia girl....

kill her! Take no prisoners! :fero:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
It is offical.......

Anna Shamshova defeated the Indonesian girl and yes; they played and there was no problem.

Good job Anna!

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Official? Kappa sorry to dissapoint you, but Anna lost as well as Noam...and so we're left with no Israelis in Wimbledon (perhaps there are some team games left but it doesn't matter). Anna was ranked 17th while her opponent was 90th, yet she managed to lose...choked up again.

:depress:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts