Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sylvain Wiltord is out for 21 days with a hamstring strain.

The French Federation told Arsenal that he had been injured in training and would be out for about a week, but it turns out that they were not entirely truthful....

"It's much worse for Sylvain than the French Football Federation came out with initially. He has done his hamstring and will be out for about 21 days.

"Is he a quick healer or not? We don't know as he's not usually injured. He could make the Manchester United game on May 8 at the earliest but the end of the season is only on May 11.

"It's a great frustration as he is an important player in our team, although we have shown the kind of strength to cope with this sort of situation before."

Sven only made the title-chasing players play 45 minutes against Paraguay, but France boss Roger Lemerre nevertheless made Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira, as well as Chelsea's Marcel Desailly, play the full 90 minutes of a physically hard 0-0 draw against Russia on Wednesday night.

Wenger said: "I can't explain that. I don't want to try to understand. The France national team is untouchable and no one can say anything. Everything they do is right, even when it's wrong."

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Roger Lemerre is a pain in the backside. He knows that we are chasing the title and we need all of our players fit, but why did he play Paddy and Titi for 90 minutes? He knows that they are certainties for the World Cup so why doesn't he try out new players to see if the're worthy of a World Cup place?
Also wasn't Lemerre the one who complained about Arsenal for playing their players to much without a rest?
Anyway Wiltord's injury is a big blow and one we could have done without, but this is Parlour's chance to prove himself once again and show Eriksson what a mistake he is making for leaving Parlour out of the squad.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
We'll miss wiltord, but I don't think it'll be much of a problem. Parlour helps inspire the side, and he really sets the pace and does a lot of the work. PUT HIM IN PIRES' SPOT, NOT EDU'S! Edu is doing too well, and kicking him out will only demoralise him. I think Freddie's back is acting up again, so that could be a problem.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
If Freddie is out that is horrible news what will our midfield be?
Edu,Pad,Grimster,Razor:(
Unless we play
Razor Pad Edu

Den
Jeffers Titi

I'd rather that ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I get the distinct impression that Lemmere does things like that just to iritate Club managers.

At such a vital time in the Premiership, its absurd to put Vieira, Deasilley and Henry through a tough 90 minutes of a meaningless game.

Should any of the above(god forbid) pick up a severe injury then Lemmere has only himself blame.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Some international managers, especially Lemerre, really do try to anger fans like us. How dare he play them for 90 minutes for no reason? He knows the team he's taking to the World Cup - they won it last time!

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i think we cant do anything about it
but the players can
they just have to voice their concerns about all that 90 mins of horror for jack crap

but its all to do with national pride i guess

like how soldiers would die for their country
etc etc
:eek:

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
The players won't speak out about the problems because they are afraid that Lemerre will drop them from the NT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts