Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United’s desperate search for a midfielder has led them to look at Nigeria international, Wilson Oruma, an English newspaper reported on Monday.

United’s midfield woes were compounded on Saturday when Alan Smith was stretchered out of the FA Cup defeat to Liverpool and the former European champions are left thin in the middle.

The Manchester Evening News reported that United boss, Sir Alex Ferguson, had his scouts monitor Oruma during Marseille’s UEFA Cup clash with Bolton at the Reebok Stadium last week as the coach continued to spread his search for world-class midfielders for next season. The club failed to sign a midfielder in the January transfer window.

In the last 12 months misfits Kleberson and Eric Djemba Djemba have been exported at a loss and Liam Miller allowed to go to Leeds on loan.

But more significantly Phil Neville left for Everton for £4m last summer and legend Roy Keane dramatically quit Old Trafford in November.

Since then, Paul Scholes has been forced to rest for the season with an eye complaint after suffering blurred vision over the Christmas period against Birmingham City and John O’Shea broke his ribs.

The Red Devils have been consistently linked with Milan’s Gennaro Gattuso, and Deportivo La Coruna’s Aldo Duscher has confirmed interest, saying: “It is good that a club of that standard (United) is interested. We can talk about the matter when the season is over.”

Nurudeen Obalola for the Punch Newspaper

·
Registered
273 Posts
If he's not that well known at 28 years of age, he can't be that good. He might be alright but christ, wouldn't it be typical of us to sign him and Duscher in the Summer? If we do, watch out Chelski! [/sarcasm] ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Manchester_Utd said:
If he's not that well known at 28 years of age, he can't be that good. He might be alright but christ, wouldn't it be typical of us to sign him and Duscher in the Summer? If we do, watch out Chelski! [/sarcasm] ;)
It will be just like old times...

"We would like to annouce the signing..." says SAF as every Man Utd fan listens on in anticipation chanting such names as Diarra, Ballack etc... "of a world class player.... one that will change Man Utd into the force it should be.... we are pleased to announce the signing of... Arron Lennon!"

:eekani:

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Manchester_Utd said:
LOL this is EXACTLY the sort of transfer we can expect in the summer.

i'm almost beyond caring anymore, it's clearly going to end in tears.

·
Registered
59,076 Posts
isn't there a rule that you can get a player outside the alloted transfer windows if you got a real bad injury crisis?

I thought that was the case

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Our only recognise CM is Fletcher right now. :depress:

So maybe you got a point there Wally. :undecide:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
hello boys alright i think i doesnt matter who we get really in summer. I think they will still be a marked improvement on what we have now. and judging by how we have fared so far this season with such a shit c. mid, I think the future looks bright. Obviously I would lie some world class names to come. But even if we get guys like Oruma, I think we will still have a damn good season. As they will still be miles better than Karen Fletcher and co... so be positive boys. We will be alright. If Fletch and co. can rack up our best points total in 10 years. Anyone even slightly better, even though unknown will be a good thing. You know it makes sense...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts