Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is apparently in Manchester and is having talks with United re a move...8-10 million quid price range..

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Van Nistelrooy said:
We dont need this guy. He didnt do much for Chelsea's defence last year.
You are fair dinkum kidding!!!

He was Chelsea's best centre-half by a mile last season! Not only did he make a few acrobatic goal-line clearances but he also showed a bit in the air and in the areas of man-marking!!

Gallas would be a superb pickup for you lot ... hell, if you don't want him I'll get Bobby on the phone :)

·
THE
14,356 Posts
lol. And again -Lol. He's just one bad defender. Another example how stupid and arrogant ManU supporters can be.
One thing is to have Callas in Manchester. Another thing is if Ranieri is ready to let him go.Why on earth should he sell one of the best defneders in the league??

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Yeh I don't mean to be overly facetious here but why invest in someone like Gallas when you've got Laurent Blanc and Phil Neville lookin after the shop?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Gallas was unbelievable for Chelsea last season...

It is shocking that he didn't make the French starting 11 never mind the squad for the World Cup... Much better player than Desailly.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
kat said:
lol. And again -Lol. He's just one bad defender. Another example how stupid and arrogant ManU supporters can be.
One thing is to have Callas in Manchester. Another thing is if Ranieri is ready to let him go.Why on earth should he sell one of the best defneders in the league??
is that why man utd supporters can spell his name correctly and chelsea supporters can't? don't bother coming back if you're going to insult us.

GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR

·
Registered
775 Posts
NO WAY

He is awful

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
RVN said:
NO WAY

He is awful

What league were you watching last year????

That comment is astounding ... if a centre-half who is athletic, powerful, can man-mark, is commanding in the air and has bags of pace is awful then a certain 35-year-old countryman of his must be a superstar.

:howler:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Van Nistelrooy said:
Erm if he was that good then ask yourself where did Chelsea finish?
Well said!!!

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Actually many of you here is underrating Gallas.He did have a very solid season for Chelsea last time and it wouldn't be bad to get him.On top of that the player's only 23 and is surely a future French center-back.

He had many outstanding games for Chelsea and specially against the big clubs and only struggled when Ranieri put him on as a left-back in the last few games of the season.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Van Nistelrooy said:
Is true though isnt it? If William Gallas improved the Chelsea defence, then it wasnt much because they still finished outside the top 4.
Good and great players only play for top-4 clubs now?? That's news to me ...

Steve Finnan and Wayne Bridge must also be crap then ...

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
dyertribe said:

Good and great players only play for top-4 clubs now?? That's news to me ...

Steve Finnan and Wayne Bridge must also be crap then ...
Oh yes because i said good players only play for top four clubs didnt i? I said he cant have improved their defence that much because they still finished outside the top 4. I just feel that if we are to push for European trophies and the rest then we need someone like Rio or Ayala who are proved on the big stage.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Then why make the top-4 call at all then?

Just because Chelsea finished outside the top-4 doesn't mean Gallas wasn't brilliant last season - and same goes for someone like Cudicini who wrestled the No. 1 shirt from Ed de Goey and Mark Bosnich.

You obviously don't rate Gallas, but many many people do ... and you've yet to provide a solid argument as to why you don't think he is much chop, other than "we don't need this guy, he didn't do much".

I always take the tack that if you're going to bag a player or cast a negative judgement on him, at least give a reason ... anyway.

Just on Ayala - would the reigning La Liga champions sell him?

And Rio Ferdinand is a pipe-dream ... there's a clause in his contract which forbids his sale to another Premiership club.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Due to players have much more power than they should, i think Ayala would jump at the chance to play for United and if this was the case, Valencia would hae little other choice than to let him go i feel. Ive heard the thing about Ferdinand's contract before, is that definately true that he has this clause?

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Leeds are over $120million dollars in debt and the bank has asked the club to curb down that figure by a substantial margin this summer.remeber Leeds is a plc. and th board members will be pressuring the Chairman to get that amount s soon as possible.

Thats why it'll be benificial for the club to sell off Rio because none of their other players will fetch such a huge amount.It would also allow the club to keep some of the players that they otherwise would have been forced to sell off.

So don't be surprised if you saw Rio Ferdinand playing for United this season.:)

·
THE
14,356 Posts
Van Nistelrooy said:
Is true though isnt it? If William Gallas improved the Chelsea defence, then it wasnt much because they still finished outside the top 4.
Ehee, very good, very good. Following the same logic I can say that each and every ManU player sucks big time and they are worth nothing since they didn't win the PL title.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts