Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one,
Do you think William Gallas Deserve to be Arsenal "Captain"?
and what about his flops, can we ignore them!?
i think his negativism more than his affirmative for the team
and his duet with Kolo Toure cant work!!
does he deserve to be Arsenal player!!?
does he desereve to be our CAPTAIN?

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I think he's a good player but he needs to be held accountable for the mistakes he makes. Against West Brom Djourou told him off for falling asleep and he reacted very badly. I think Arsene shouldn't be afraid of Gallas and should strip him of the captaincy in favor of Kolo. He's starting to annoy the fvck out of me. Kolo is a good guy and knows how to lead.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
IMO Gallas is past it as a top CB that can actually lead a team to success. Every CB makes mistakes but his have become far to frequent for a club that has hopes of challenging for the PL title and the CL. Reminds of when Sol Campbell began his decline in 2005.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Yet Sol came straight back a season later at Portsmouth and led one of the fiercest defences in the EPL for the next two seasons.

Don't jump the gun guys. I made a very detailed post about our defensive woes a few weeks back. It's not the players in our defence rather the organization and targets...or lack of in that department. Our coaching staff don't put enough emphasis on our defence.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Well it's different playing in a team that focus on defence, Arsenal expose defenders because the midfielders don't protect... and Gallas is being found out.

I'm just waiting for reports of him slagging off everybody but himself in L'Equipe.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Gallas was exposed for France with Makelele in front of him. I still think he is not too bad but needs Wenger to have a closer look at him and correct the areas were he is now seriously rusty.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I think he's an excellent player, but nothing close to "captain" material, and I think everybody knows that.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
who should our captain be then? a serious question there, there is only one other choice, KOLO TOURE! :)

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
who should our captain be then? a serious question there, there is only one other choice, KOLO TOURE! :)
IMO Cesc but can't go wrong with Kolo.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Id give it to Kolo as well to be honest, id also start playing djourouh, only thing that id started to like about gallas is that he tends to score sometimes.

·
props u can read
768 Posts
Our best defender, crap captain. If you give the captaincy to someone else how do you think he's gonna take it? The team spirit isn't going to be lifted to say the least. Then you have the issue of who are you going to give the armband to...Fabregas ? Too young, Toure ? Fat and crap, Clichy ? Not vocal enough, Rosicky ? Too injury prone. So you see there isn't much of an option.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Our best defender, crap captain. If you give the captaincy to someone else how do you think he's gonna take it? The team spirit isn't going to be lifted to say the least. Then you have the issue of who are you going to give the armband to...Fabregas ? Too young, Toure ? Fat and crap, Clichy ? Not vocal enough, Rosicky ? Too injury prone. So you see there isn't much of an option.
Toure fat and crap? He may be a bit out of form but fat and crap aren't two words I'd use to describe him.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Lol. It's his new hairstyle. Makes him look fatter.

As for Gallas it's not as if he looks completely out of place as captain but he is too individualistic. Cesc probably the best bet even at his young age.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
Toure fat and crap? He may be a bit out of form but fat and crap aren't two words I'd use to describe him.
i'd call him a machine. his work rate is very good and he seems to save us in some situations (tottenham @ white hart lane last season). i'd give the captaincy to him, cesc is a little young dont you think?

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
21 is pretty young, but even though he clearly loves Arsenal, how long do you think this great love of his for the club can continue? I would consider making him captain if Gallas fails come the end of the season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts