Xtratime Community banner

Will you be watching the 2018 World Cup?

• Semis and final only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hope the world ends before it

• I wont make it to 2018 summer. Drugs, alcohol, seppuku

Will you

739 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  camelface 
#1 ·
Will you?

#6 ·
I tend to watch more of it when the group stages are on then my interest dwindles as the tournament progresses. It's like that with other sports too, like Grand Slams - prefer the start when there's wall to wall tennis rather than just a match or two in a day.

Also it's unlikely Australia or any other whale killing nation I'm sympathetic to will make it far, anyway.

#8 ·
I have a soft spot for Italy. Comes with the package of following Milan. Although their absence from the World Cup certainly take something away from it I'll still watch it as normal. I'm relatively neutral when it comes to international football so their absence is not a deal breaker.

Although this is the Azzurri forum, on a side note it's a shame the Netherlands are not there too. Always great to see a good Dutch side at international level with their fans.

#9 ·
Astonishingly, the TV rights for the WC have not yet been sold in Italy, which raises the prospect of there being a blackout of the event in the country next summer.

By way of comparison, the sale of the TV rights for the 2018 and 2022 WCs in the UK was completed just before the last event in 2014. I wonder whether it is as valuable a media property in Italy as it is elsewhere in the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.