Xtratime Community banner

Do you plan to watch the match at home alone or are you going to join a group to chee

• I'm going to watch it at home alone

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I'm going to watch it at home with a few others

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I'm going to watch it with a group at a location other than my home

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The U.S. v. Germany match is at the reasonably civilized time of 7:30 am (EDT). Many establishments in my area (Washington DC) will be opening their doors for the match. Do you plan to watch the match at home alone or are you going to join a group to cheer on the U.S.?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I will be watching the game at home, most likely with one of my parents who might be up at that time:cool:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I will be watching alone, with my loyal dog by my side, probably nawing on a pig's ear or something. :)

Oh, the dog will be doing the nawing, not me. ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have no choice , I have been calling bars and pubs all over town and you have to be 21 to get in even though they are no going to be serving alcohol. So I guess it will just be me all alone.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Some of you guys know I'm an attorney. I called the Dist. Attorney for the State the other day and told him I'd be a little late for Court because I had to watch the World Cup. I warned him that if we won, he might smell a celebratory beer or two on my breath, even though it was only 8:30 in the morning! He loved it and said don't worry about being late. He'd cover with the judge for me!!

We'll be watching at my brother's house with about 12 -16 others, some of my kids' high school teammates and assorted friends and colleagues. Big screen and cold beer!

GO NATS!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I just got a 53 " Toshiba. I guess those ads along the touchline really work. It will be me, Billy the Slasher, Zoe, Daisy, Milo and Jasmine. When McBride scored the other day, I yelled gooooooal. The rest of them scattered. Cats are fair weather (and food) football fans. I am taking the day off from work. If we win, I'm going to treat myself to a present. If we lose, sulking seclusion. But with a satisfied smile.:cool:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I posed this question but I'm still undecided what to do.

A place near where I work is offering a free breakfast buffet starting at 6:30, which means I have to leave the house by 6:00 and be awake by at least 5:30. I've been fighting a cold all week so waking up that early isn't too attractive. Of course, that may be a moot point since I'm going to be a nervous wreck all night and will probably wake up at the crack of dawn anyway.

However, I'm worried I'll get all the way over there and it will be too crowded to see the game well. On the other hand, it would be cool to see the match with a lot of other fans.

Then again, I'm guaranteed that my lucky seat at home (okay, it wasn't too lucky against Poland, but we were robbed by the ref ;) ) will be there and I can sleep in.

A tough decision. :confused: :(

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kerry said:
I just got a 53 " Toshiba.
Now that's a big TV!

Hmmm...a unit that big must mean your compensating for something, doesn't it Kerry? ;) :howler:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Herndonite said:
Hmmm...a unit that big must mean your compensating for something, doesn't it Kerry? ;) :howler:
Bwahaha! :D

But who cares? Let's just all go over to Doc's place to watch the game! :)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Hmmmm, my wife actually left teh TV set behind. I'm feeling mighty inadequate. :( ;)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Yes, but with my rusty moves and limited prospects, I am resigned to keeping company with my portable menage-a-trois.............Righty and Lefty. ;) :D

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Herndonite said:

Now that's a big TV!

Oh, great! I have a 62'. One more complex now...

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
62'?!!!! Jeez, you could lay almost two Pila's across that thing!!! :tongue: ;) :D

Seriously, is that one of those projection screen deals or what? Sounds freaking huge.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Yep. It's a projection TV, but the projection isn't one of them external ones, if ye know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Dae said:
Yes, but with my rusty moves and limited prospects, I am resigned to keeping company with my portable menage-a-trois.............Righty and Lefty. ;) :D
I'm sure Deniz wouldn't mind giving you a few tips.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dae said:
:eek:

Ewwwwwwww....

Oh, I'll be watching with a couple guys at my house starting with the Brazil England match. (I'll try to be quiet enough to let my wife sleep until the US match.) Now there are even folks who want to go to a Memphis Express match with me! LET'S ROLL!

-Kevin

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Actually, I have a change of plans. I will now be watching the game with some friends at a local pub over breakfast. Righty and Lefty will be joining me, but purely in a platonic sense. :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
We'll DEFINITELY begin with the England - Brazil match. We have quite a nice supple of Whitebread's and Newcastle Brown on hand!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :) :) :) :howler: :howler: :tongue:

Hope we don't over do it:yuck: before the US NATS KICK ASS!!!

Oldplayer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts