Xtratime Community banner

Will you be watching the Liverpool-Chelsea match?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
67,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..Watch tomorrow's CL semi ?

I will, it's not like I have a life so.. :neutral:

P.S. Mods, please don't merge this with the semis thread :nono: - the purpose/point is in no way, shape or form related. Plus the poll would mess up the other thread. Let's leave it for the tactical/technical/physcial/psychological analysis from us XT gurus.

·
Registered
42,996 Posts
I won't be, I'll be asleep. These past few weeks or so I've miraculously maintained a consistent and lengthy pattern of sleep. To watch this match would disturb this pattern and in the past I've suffered fits on account of sleep deprivation.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
no. like ILA, the timing of CL matches sucks, plus im busy tomorrow and it will ruin my day if i stayed up to watch it. its not worth it really, i dont care about either team so no i wont be watching.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I say I wont now but I will probably tune in anyway. I am a glutton for punishment.

·
1st Tier Poster
52,478 Posts
it's a CL semi so I will watch it

It would be cool if this match somehow ends up as a thiller 3-3 and all those naysayers would then smack themselves for missing it :hopeful:

...yeah right :groan:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
There's really not that much sense in waking up from sleeping at 5am for a match between two teams that are about as interesting as concrete drying when you'll just end up falling back to sleep anyway, is there?

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
In the strange game of football, usually a match between two boring teams becomes an exciting watch, but a game between two exciting teams is a dire affair.

Theoretically, Man Utd v Barca should be rubbish.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
I haven't watched any CL game in this season. Perhaps I'm the one to think it but CL sucks when compared to the old Champions Cup.
Neither have I. I've only watched highlights on one or two occasions, but other than that I haven't really been bothered to watch it - The final will probably be the first live CL game I'm watching this season.

·
Registered
16,521 Posts
I'll watch the re-run. I don't have nerves to watch it live.
That's interesting... I'd be the opposite. If I couldnt see my team play I'd be more nervous.

Anyway I'll definitely watch it. Even though it has all the ingredients to become a cagey 0-0, football often goes against the grain and let's remember, this is a semi-final. Regardless of the scoreline it'll be a tense high pressure encounter and that alone will make it intriguing and absorbing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I haven't watched any CL game in this season. Perhaps I'm the one to think it but CL sucks when compared to the old Champions Cup.
you are the very true Mr Toni. old men like the you and I is the lucky to have do the see of the cup of the champions....

only champion oif country do the play and no seed team in gold era of cup of champion = possible Milan-Real madrid immediately. Always classic game until death (only one team do the quolify so maybe legend of the extra time!!)

also the diego, the Van Basten, the platini, the kenny dalglish = real player of human shape......much much better of the musclor boy of the today (only inzaghi save).

·
THE
14,776 Posts
That's interesting... I'd be the opposite. If I couldnt see my team play I'd be more nervous.
I'd be quite pissed off if I wouldn't have the possibilty to watch a game. But if it's there, then, well, I see the line up and I already yell at coach. I do make quick switches now and then but i manage to watch maybe 4 min in max, after 20 shouted "idiots" and grabbing my head and long miserable "aaaaaaa"s, I watch something else again.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts