Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thessaloniki club PAOK are set to pursue Portugal's Benfica through the courts should the Lisbon team continue to withhold a £750,000 payment for two players signed late last year.

Benfica bought Egyptian international playmaker Abdel Sabri and Greek midfielder Triandafyllos Machairides from PAOK following the teams' third round Uefa Cup thriller.

The Greek team's eventual loss on penalties came after a 2-1 away victory in the second leg during which Sabri impressed the hosts so much they immediately moved to sign him.

PAOK are desperate for cash to spend on Greek international Vasilis Tsartas whose current club Seville are holding out for £3 million for the midfielder.

The Lisbon club's financial problems are well documented and PAOK join a line of creditors who look increasingly likely to have to use the courts to ensure payment

·
Registered
646 Posts
It's gonna be funny when (if) Van Hooijdonk comes and you can't afford to pay his wages. He will not be happy.

I can't remember a more unwise signing. One of the most volatile, difficult players in the world signing for Benfica.

Light the blue touch paper and stand well back.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
The reason why Benfica can'r pay is because I haven't sent in my cotas last month.

But, don't fear...the check is in the mail. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts