Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an interesting question.

Reasons For:

1. We did an IPO and signed a new contract with Nike for the 2003-04 season which generated a lot of cash. The IPO of Lazio and Roma had sparked some big spending in the short term.
2. Other Italian Clubs are not in good financial shape thus creating opportunities.
3. Despite Moggi and Lippi saying they won't, they are notorious liers.
4. We have made small acquisitions. But we are linked with sooo many world class and expensive players.
5. Tudor leaked that we already have Canna and Nesta is next?
6. Champions League is our aim this year and we need a world class squad to compete with the likes of Real Madrid, ManU etc.

Reasons Against:

1. We now have shareholders. They don't like big transfers.
2. Despite all the talks we have only bought cheap players so far.
3. If you believe Moggi and Lippi.
4. Prices have skyrocketed for players to the extent that it makes no economic sense to spend big.
5. Expensive team does not necessarily mean successful team. Look at Inter over the years.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? This is the key to understanding what Juve is capable of during the summer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I understand your point. I think Juve will only make one or two 'big' signings - not more. Looking at Milan you would understand the situation. Last year was different, nearly all big clubs spent big, Juve signing Thuram+Buffon+Nedved, that makes 3 big signings. Anyway, let's just wait and see. I hope we sign Cannavaro/Nesta, Mutu/Cavenaghi, Candela, Eriberto.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts