Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think we will come to lose our second place to Arsenal ??

It looks really bad....I sure hope we can keep it.

You´ll never walk alone !

·
Registered
818 Posts
With Liverpool having to play Chelsea, Leicester, Southampton and Bradford, I think they will get about 10 points from these games.

As for Arsenal, they have Everton, Chelsea and Newcastle from their five games to think about - three potential points-dropping fixtures.

With this in mind, I feel 2nd place is still possible for Liverpool. Have faith.

Regards.

------------------
Lestor Wong
http://lfc-net.com

·
Registered
818 Posts
No, in fact I think Liverpool will make it.

Allow me to sidetrack though... the most disappointed thing to happen now is that the teams below Man Utd start to play without passion now that the league is out of reach. Look at Chelsea yesterday - I believe if Utd have not won the league on Saturday, Chelsea would have given a tougher fight.

------------------
Lestor Wong

·
Registered
818 Posts
2nd place is still better as there will be no qualifying games for the CL.

If Liverpool finished third, they will have to play in the qualifying round. Given Liverpool may meet some minnows from Cyprus, but these games are normally played early in the season, or worse, BEFORE the Premiership season even starts. As the players are still in pre-season mode, they are already starting to get involved competitively and this actually lengthens the season for them.

Liverpool will possibly win these games, but then again, you never know. Look at Celtic this season. They were Scottish Champions last season, yet due to the poor standard of the league they were required to play in the qualifiers... and got knocked out! The Scottish Champions then went on the play in the UEFA Cup, while 2nd-placed Rangers won their qualifying games and went on to their best ever performance in Europe, sick isn't it? I certianly won't want to see Liverpool lose out in these meaningless qualifiers.

The conclusion is that second place is a must, not a choice.

------------------
Lestor Wong

J

·
0 Posts
I don't think that you are gonna make it.
Arsenal is on a huge roll and I think that nobody can stop them...
... and they also beat that f*uckin' Galatasaray in the Uefa-cup.

Sorry to dissapoint you !

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I'm sorry i'll think we(Arsenal) are slightly in abetter form this month if we winn the next match we surly have a chance.
Against a poorly Wimbeldon you weren't playing very good, i think arsenal slumped in the second half but, they still won 10 league games in a row if Henry stays inform it will be alot easier.
I won't worry for either team if they become 3rd they will surly win the playoffs.
But liverpool isn't at his best at the beggining of the season

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
let's see what time will tell my friend!!!
and don't get shock if arsenal couldn't get one of the spots for that CL... :)
1. MU
2. the mighty LIVERPOOL
3. Chelsea, i hope for kat shake... ;)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Chelsea is defenatly out even if arsenal loses the next 2 matches they will still be 4 points ahead of Chelsea so they are defenatly out, also leeds has played 1 game more and has 2 points less so, and they slumped this month.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I think Arsenal will pip us - aren't I the ever optimist.

X

·
0 Posts
amongst the top 5..we have the easiest fixtures...we can easily win our last 3 matches...
if we can beat or draw v/s chelsea..we will virtually be ensured of at least the 3 rd spot...

but of course we should try to win all of them...remember this time everything's in our hands....

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Not realy cos arsenal have a better goal difference than us and if they win all their matches then they are likely to pip us. They probably wont do it but I'd still rather not worry about them.

Out of our remaining games we have:

Chelsea (a) - nice that Man U beat them as they now only have pride to play for.
So'ton (h) - I don't want to take this game for granted but we need a big win, maybe this will be the one.
Leicester (h) - tricky, made easy as Leicester have nothing to play for.
Bradford (a) - may need this to go up. Could have been easier.

M

·
0 Posts
Liverpool and Arsenal will take 2-3 spots(not sure in which order), Leeds the 4th. That's for sure. As for Chelsea, I hope Villa beats them in the FA Cup final, 'cause they will be much worthier representers for England in Europe. I have nothing against Chelsea as a FC, but watching their pathetic displays lately simply made me sick. Even Liverpool at their lowest point, remember? Calamity James, Kvarme, Babb and Byorneby (I still can't believe this 4 were lining up for Liverpool when they wouldn't make the sub's bench for Cork), but even then they didn't look as bad as [email protected], where they had LOSERS written all over their faces, and Di Matteo!, with only 15 min to go and the score 1:2 how could he miss that golden chance to tie the game and put it beyond the reach of Barca, my grandma'd kill herself if she'd missed that kind of opportunity. If the worse comes to worst, I'd have Kvarme(who IMO the worst defender ever) but commited to the team rather than Desailly who thinks Hawaii when he's playing for Chelsea. All his attitude shows that as long as he's gets paid he cares for no more. And Ferrer... I always thought it must be tough to play against your former club, but Ferrer proved that you can still support them while playing against them. I know it sounds unbelievable, but I don't think I'm exaggerating. Unfortunately that's true. Unfortunately for the game of football.

X

·
0 Posts
arsenal is in tremendous form these wks..and i;m glad we dont have to face them again!

i jsut hope our neighbours help us a little bit! ;)
anyway v/s chelsea..either they will continue playing with a loser's face which wil help us ..or else they will awaken and that would be much harder for us!
v/s bradford..if they still have a chance to stay up..then it will be hard!!
cos they'll fight till the very end!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
About Bradford, I think they are destined to go down......the reason.....everyone wants them to stay up.
Look at the years befores casualties:

Charlton
Bolton
Barnsley

All had the fighting spirit but whimpered and died. Maybe this would be good for the last day of the season. Saying this though I'd hate to be the team that puts Bradford down, I mean Jewell is a scouser.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts