Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever happens for Christian vieri do many of you think that he'll look to return to Italy at thend of the season like he's done numerous times with changing clubs?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Vieri is finished. I believe after World Cup 2006 he will retire :thumbsup:

An end to a great career for a great scorer.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Not at the end of this season, but I think he will make a comeback to some midtable Serie A team and finish his career in Italy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe a team like Sampdoria or lazio would do him just fine.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
michaldinho said:
if i was him, i'd be uncomfortable in france. i think after WC 2006, he shud retire
Yeah he looks lost in Monaco just doesnt look right wearing that jersey.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I thin Monaco wouldn't mind keeping him. They probably want some big names to re-establish themsleves as a big club.

·
Registered
45,593 Posts
Al Capone said:
Just months ago you claimed he was the best Italian striker in the game.
I'm tired by the rumors about him joining Sampdoria (the team he supports) and in the end going where there is the money and I don't want him to join Sampdoria as the last resort before retiring.
Now he can go to hell.

PS I said best Italian centerforward not striker and anyhow right now he is no more the best, Luca Toni is. ;)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Christian Vieri is still one of the best in Italy. He left to get playing time before the WC to get a chance at a spot, and as far as I know he's scoring more regularly for Monaco than any of their other strikers have. Of course he has earned himself the rep as a money grapper, and I understand why few fans would really want him now, but if he were to go to Samp for instance and lowered his wage requests dramatically (after all - he must decide if he wants football or Quatar) - I still say he'd be a 15 goals a season striker for a few years to come.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts