Xtratime Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
How good are the current crop of youngsters?

The manager has said they are as good as the youngster which came through in the Don Revie era.

Is the club financially stable to hold onto these players if offers come in?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How good are the current crop of youngsters?

The manager has said they are as good as the youngster which came through in the Don Revie era.

Is the club financially stable to hold onto these players if offers come in?
Yeah that's an exaggeration to say the least. And I really doubt the club is financially stable.

Someone posted earlier in the thread about the parent club being in danger of liquidation. So it doesn't look very bright financially.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
What crop of youngsters? Alex Mowatt seems a good prospect, who are the rest?

·
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What crop of youngsters? Alex Mowatt seems a good prospect, who are the rest?
Sam Byram, Charlie Taylor, Lewis Cook. A couple of promising guys who haven't broken into the first team yet.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Bryam rings a bell, can't picture the other 2. One good thing about being in a mess financially, youth team players get a better chance to come through.

·
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Away to Middlesborough today. Gonna be difficult, they are pretty good at home. Might be on TV here this one. Will probably catch the first half of this.

·
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Away to Middlesborough today. Gonna be difficult, they are pretty good at home. Might be on TV here this one. Will probably catch the first half of this.
Did watch the first 15-20 minutes. Was a nice goal. Lewis Cook made it with good pressing and lucky finish by Mowatt to say the least.

I think this win puts the relegation worries to bed and does make an outside chance at the playoffs possible.

First home league loss for Boro since August.

·
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Away to Brighton tonight. Brighton turned around a run of bad results in their last match winning 4-3.

Need to keep winning to have any shot at the playoffs.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Away to Brighton tonight. Brighton turned around a run of bad results in their last match winning 4-3.

Need to keep winning to have any shot at the playoffs.
Like the optimism :thumbsup:

Interesting fact I saw yesterday, Leeds have taken 15 points out of a possible 18 from the current top 3, the 2-0 defeat away to us the only blemish.

·
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
At home against Watford after the good run ended away to Brighton. Got to get right back up and win at home.

I guess the playoffs are a proper pipe dream now.

·
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Up 2-1 at half time. A really good start I suppose with two goals within 20 minutes. Need to finish strong.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Lost in the end, Watford sneak up the 3rd, this league is even more bonkers than usual this year.

·
10,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yeah, with the track record there, I was expecting Monk to get sacked after losing a few games.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts