Discussion Starter #1
RTPi is showing it

·
Registered
62 Posts
no RTPi but TVI

TVI will show it live.

It is a pity that TVI's official website, http://www.tvi.iol.pt/
once had a feature "LIVE em directo", streaming broadcast online with RealPalyer, but now they do it for archives only and
live is no longer available. :(

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Anyone know if the Dishnetwork is offering the PPV?

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
The game is on Sky Sports Extra for anyone out there in the UK...

The 1st half clashes with the England-Paraguay 2nd half but if ya beg the pub landlord they should put the 2nd half up for you when Portugal are 3-0 up at that stage :angel:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
If you are in the Toronto, (and I guess other Canadian cities) area and want to watch this game, I recommend you scout out a place for yourself. A quick check of your favourite bar/cafe to make sure it is showing. I only found two places on Dundas & College today showing, and both are selling tickets at $10.00 a pop. Places pay $700.00 for the program, so they have to charge. Get a seat early, or you gonna stand!

I stopped for a beer at one of the places (scouting is thirsty work), and watched an RTPi newscast on the Brazilian and Portuguese teams preparing for the game. After the Portugal segment they showed Figo, Xavier, Gomes and a few others gathered at a local club to raise spirits in song. Gotta say they looked like a bunch of yokels, (Figo doing a Stevie Wonder imitation at the piano), but they looked pretty comfortable to be home.

·
Registered
112 Posts
why pay $10.00 bucks when you can watch it at home for $19.99 on pay per view just bring over a couple of buddys and harge $5.00 bucks a head and buy beer with the left over money. How are they paying $700 dollars for the feed when it only costs $19.99 on ppv? I live in T.O too.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Gullible me. Maybe the guy's b.s.' ing me?

Do you have to have any other equipment at home after paying the 19.99? What channel is it on? Sorry if the questions are stupid, I just get Rogers cable, only once ordered the Tyson fight, (yes I paid to watch him bit Holyfield's ear off!) and that was $70.00.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I went to yahoo .com and looked up portugal vs brazil then it gave me a link to the pay per view which said it would be on for $19.99. It will also be playing 4 other games. I have a satilite so the e ligile one so i will not be paying anything. I dont know if you can do it through rogers but it should not cost more then the 20.00 dollars because it is only a exibition game. The big fights like the tyson one do cost alot more money. You should call them and find out. If i run into anything about it on the net i will give you the info:)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think commercial places like bars and what not, actually do pay more than 19.99, how much more is something i have no idea about....not positive though

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yea, I am going to hit up a bar at near my house that is playing it.
Hopefully they will let me in since im 20. If not ill bring binoculars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
wait up, i have this channel on my Dish Network.

589 SOCCR Pay Per View - Soccer and Cricket (61.5º and 148º Satellite Locations)

and it always shows the Primiera Liga games. do you think it will show the Portugal v Brasil game? I mean it says PPV on it.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Por2gal said:
wait up, i have this channel on my Dish Network.

589 SOCCR Pay Per View - Soccer and Cricket (61.5º and 148º Satellite Locations)

and it always shows the Primiera Liga games. do you think it will show the Portugal v Brasil game? I mean it says PPV on it.
Nope. It will not.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i dont have satelitte, but rather regular cable. can i order the game via payperview through regualr CABLE?

40 minutes to kickoff!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts