Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seemed that when Celtic won the title then Rangers would no longer win the title as much but this seems not to be the case. After Jansesn's depature Celtic didn't seem to know what to do and while Rangers bought Numan, Van bronkhourst, Mols etc, Celtic brought in Ian Wright. Bercovic has been dissapointing and Stubs looks like leaving. The only bright spot seems to be Larsens loyalty and the rapid progression of Burchill.

R

·
0 Posts
4 million pounds buys a lot of loyalty nowadays.
As for Burchell, he has had 4 managers and none of them thought he was good enough for the first team. He goes further down the list everytime a new player is signed.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but I'm sure that similar money would have been offered to Laudrup and he still went and Rangers were also winning things. I thought that Burchill was having a good season. He may not play all the time but he has still scored a few goals this season.

R

·
0 Posts
Rangers have Ricksen arriving at the end of the season and have promised the fans a big name striker for the Champions League.
They will also have Mols back from injury as well as Johanson, Rozental, Negri, Porrini and the rest.
Considering they have played most of the season with half of their first team missing, it must be worrying for Celtic to think about how much further behind they could be by next season.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
7-0 thrashing today - Celtic losing. Poor poor Celtic.

R

·
0 Posts
Pool_till_I_die. Can Rangers have Fowler for next season please ?
Houllier doesn't seem to know if he wants to keep him or not.
I think he wants to sell him to finance some new players, but he doesn't want the fans to think that he wants to sell a favourite.

D

·
0 Posts
Arsenal has also been linked with Fowler, but I doubt Houllier will let him go.

Does the team that finishes first in the league get automatic qualification into the CL?, or a qualifying tie?

Ricksen is a good player from AZ, he's even been called into the Dutch national team this season. It will increase the Dutch contingent, Rangers is kind of like Barcelona, now hopefully success in Europe will also come for Rangers.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rob - In short no.
Besides the last thing that Rangers need is a striker with Negro, Dodds, Mols and Wallace already there.
Well done on the title but did anyone find it rubbish that Rangers and Charlton won even though they did not win and Man U won the title at the Dell.
The Scottish team that wins it has to qualify for the C.L.

R

·
0 Posts
The Scottish team that wins the title has to play two qualifying games.
They are unseeded, so they have to play the likes of Parma in the second game to qualify.
The top two teams in England qualify automatically and the third team is seeded for one qualifying game in order to ensure that they reach the Champions League proper.
Man Utd failed to qualify until they were seeded and allowed straight into the league.

C

·
0 Posts
3 Spanish teams in the semi-finals the "CHAMPIONS" League. They need to go back to the Old format.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It should but basically it's all about the money. In football organisers eyes we are no longer fans but consumers.

C

·
0 Posts
RobD said:
Rangers have Ricksen arriving at the end of the season and have promised the fans a big name striker for the Champions League.
They will also have Mols back from injury as well as Johanson, Rozental, Negri, Porrini and the rest.
Considering they have played most of the season with half of their first team missing, it must be worrying for Celtic to think about how much further behind they could be by next season.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

·
Registered
740 Posts
God,where the hell you find this?

(normally i would criticise cos i don't want this forum to turn into a 'tic and 'gers slagging forum but ricksen deserves all the laughter he gets).

I

·
0 Posts
i dont really see the point in bringing up stuff like this - it does not antagonise rangers supporters, but it does make you look a bit sad going through all the old messages just to find one like this!

(how about going back to the tv coverage of world cup '98 and finding martin o'neill comparing the SPL to a "mickey mouse league"?) :)

re: ricksen - he was a complete failure for most of the season and his discipline was bad and stupidity very high!

however the last few games he has played quite well, and has been getting in some good attacking runs and crosses

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I have to agree, Fernando Ricksen looks like he has finally adapted to Scottish football. And I still can't but laugh at what he said about that Young bloke. What a stupid thing to say on your website :D

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
waht? i did i miss something? the only thing that is settled with ricksen, is he is now used to the bus routes and local taxi numbers since he got caught drunk driving! hes still crap! not quite as bad at right back in attackive sense but in defense it is why craig moore looks good!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
JuveBhoy, you are talking crap. Craig Moore is a very good defender, he has matured superbly & is one of the strongest in Scotland. He is not "made to look good" by Ricksen. Fernando is settling to the pace of the game, he is certinaly giving away less fouls & putting in more legal tackles. So THAT is why I feel you are talking crap & Ricksen is playing better now.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
waht??? so because he stopped getting sent off it makes him a good player, ricksen will never be a good player, an average player yes, but hes a long way to improve for the money paid for him.

moore, is ok defender, rangers have always been famed for defenders but recently their defence has been mince, gough was the last player of 'that class' to play in the rangers back line. moore is not as good as everyone imagines.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have to agree with juve here, rickesen has looked mildly better yes and i think he may surprise a few next season but he still has an awful long way to go before he loses his 'reputation'.

Moore isn't a bad defender but he isn't amongst the best in scotland, moore didn't play most of this season and i think that has done more for his reputation than anything he has ever done on the park. Remeber rangers have tried (and failed!) to punt moore to a few teams before but suddenly he becomes the savior of the rangers defence? I think not.

So to recap ricksen has went through a purple patch and looked 'average' and moore, good but not great.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts