Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Increasing attacks on foreigners within the country

Increase in robberies targeting visitors arriving at the main airports

I just hope this does NOT get out of hand BUT from whats happening, one really gets worried.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I do hope they can hold on to the tournament. The tournament could give the country a boost and a really positive influx. Also, the whole of Africa could benefit from this football-wise, but for RSA itself it could be a general boost that goes way beyond football alone.

Of course FIFA can do little about security issues in the cities, but in terms of help on infrastructure etc I think FIFA should help out a bit to assure the stadiums are ready in time. FIFA gave their promise to South Africa and should have looked at every possible aspect of the candidacy before making a decision. If they make the decision, they should now stick with it IMO and try to help out South Africa with their organisation if needed. The only reason that'd justify a move would be if security is really out of control, but unless you are in a war zone I don't see FIFA making such a drastic decision to move the tournament.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,803 Posts
no they will start burning football fans as soon as they enter the country

but maybe it's not too late yet and FIFA can get a real country to hold it instead

like Germany or England

although England isn't a real country, it's a part of Great Britain

nevermind I'm sure you see my point here :lala:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.