Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the situation of the African NTs? In the German world cup they did not look so brilliant as they had appeared before.

PS I forgot a "be" in the title

PPS this thread should have been started by Johnny

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I highly doubt it still, however France won in 1998 and reached the final of 2006 so we must give them some credit.

·
Registered
48,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I highly doubt it still, however France won in 1998 and reached the final of 2006 so we must give them some credit.

Deano, I hope hypno and mali do not read you answer or this thread will easily derail. :pp

Back to topic: which are the best African NTs right now? I remember in the past that it often happened that the winners of the African Cup of Nations did not qualify to WC and viceversa the NTs which managed to qualify to the WC sucked badly in the African Cup of Nations, so tell me something more than just: the winners of the African Cup of Nations 2008 (Egypt).

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Ghana; Nigeria; Egypt; Ivory Coast and Eto'oron are the only teams capable of making it out of their groups; But none of these teams are really competitive in every position. Most don't have a stable Goal keeper; the defense seems eratic; and some lack a real poacher up front. I'm not sure which teams are actually qualified for WC anyhow

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I'd be embarssed if I was a France fan, but thats just me
Had to laugh at a Croat saying this what with Eduardo, Rakitic, Simunic, both Kovacs, Corluka, Klasnic and Petric all being born outside of Croatia.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts