Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well knowing arrigo Sacchi a hard man who takes action and no s**t will this mean the start of a much needed shaked up revolution in the Capital?You have to wonder players like Beckham,woodgate,Figo,R.Carlos would be just a few who's futures could be questioned at the moment.
Whatever the case it's going to be really interesting to see.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Camacho was similar to Luxemburgo from what I hear, so I don't think much will change.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Camacho was similar to Luxemburgo from what I hear, so I don't think much will change.
Hmmmm, Camacho didn't win anything and hardly built any STRONG powerful team out of nothing.

On the other hand, Lux has won MANY things. No other Brazilian coach has won more leagues than him or even equal him. He made Palmeiras out of nothing, he took a Santos team that was 17th in the league to finish as top. These are just "few" of the things he did, plus don't forget he has won the Copa America.

You might say its true he has won and achieved alot in SA, but he isn't proven in Europe, yeah true. But if he knows football while he's in SA, I'm sure he will know it when he's in Europe ;).

So I really don't know why you are comparing them together..

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
You madridistas were hailing Camacho as the best coach when he was just appointed, and now he is shit all of a sudden, hahahaha

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
mega montana said:
perez is still in charge, so not much will change
:thmbup:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I have to question the though pattern behind these decisions.

As I understand it, Garcia Remon will remain at the club, to work with Sacchi.

Emilio Butragueño will remain in his position.

Luxemburgo will also be there.

So....who is doing what? Why do Madrid need ALL these guys? Even allowing for the continental management model of a head coach and general manager doing the job of a British style manager, there still seems to be a case of "too many cooks". Remon will probably do as he is told, but I don't expect Luxemburgo, as a successful manager with the pride/ego that entails, would appreciate any interfering in his work. Sacchi also is a big name coach, and will want his say in things. Butragueño will be doing what he does, and of course Perez will dictate policy.

Who will be making the decisions? Who will be deciding on transfer targets? I do NOT expect guys like Sacchi and Luxemburgo to back down from anyone, least of all each other.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
I was under the impression that Sacchi is director of football.

Luxemburgo is the coach (obviously).

Butragueño has gone to the directors room where his influence on footballing matters are very little. Apparently he's going to be involved more on the media side of things.

Then of course there is Perez who will always be a problem. But I would say that him bringing in Sacchi is a good thing. Mainly because there is no way Sacchi would have accepted to job as technical director unless it was under his own terms. So basically he is in charge of bringing in the players, which can only be a good thing imo.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Let's try to clarify a few things.

Butragueño has been moved up to Sports Director, and a Vice Presidency. He will mainly concentrate on football, being the go-between of Sacchi and Florentino Perez. The main reason for this move, in my opinion, is that now that he is part of the executive as a vice-president, he won't need a bank guarantee (10% of the club's turnover I believe) in order to run for President. In case most of you didn't know, Butragueño is being groomed as Florentino's successor. His job will be mainly getting final approval for big decisions, giving final approval for small decisions, and being Madrid's representative in official acts. I.e. awards ceremonies, UEFA draws, etc.

Sacchi's position consists of Hiring/Firing coaches, structuring the youth program, buying players, releasing/selling players, re-signing players, and creating a general strategy which Real Madrid will follow over the next few years. The point of this position (more or less what Valdano did, but with more autonomy) is to keep a level of continuity at the club. Before Perez, a huge problem Madrid had, was allowing its managers to buy several players of their choosing. Every time a manager came, more players came, but few left, because few clubs were willing to pay what Madrid pays. And thus, in the summer of 2000, we had a first team squad of some 35+ players, several who weren't even registered with the LFP and thus couldnt play a single match. Remember Ogjnenovic? So the point is to create a general guideline, and recruit a coach who will execute this strategy.

Luxemburgo is the coach. Tactics, training, fitness, scouting opponents, substitutions, etc are his responsibilities. He may make recommendations as to who to sign or who to sell, but he does not have the final say.

Florentino Perez is the President, i.e. the executive, and all final decisions, especially major ones, fall to him. Like it or not, this is the way the club works....

Which brings me to the next thing I wanted to touch on. It seems to me, by the comments made here, that a lot of you don't understand this point. Real Madrid, like most clubs in Spain, Italy, Portugal, and South America, are Presidentialist clubs. The president has enormous power at these clubs, unlike clubs in the U.K., many in Germany, etc, who tend to have a Chairmen and a Board who make decisions. So a lot of these comments about Perez signing players, etc...are plainly ridiculous. Of course he does. So does Moratti, so does Berlusconi, so does Laporta, and so on and so forth. Sometimes they sign players based on the advice of others, and sometimes they dont. This has always been the case in these places, and always will be. Is this a bad thing? It can be, when the president in question is incompetent. But the English style, of concentrating all power in the hands of a manager-coach, results in the same thing when this person is incompetent. And looking at results, no country has a clear advantage in terms of titles won. Calling Perez a "problem" is ridiculous. He's made mistakes, as have others, and will continue to do so. But he's also done much good for this club. Good that will allow us to be back on top in a very short time indeed.

So I sincerely doubt these doom-monger prophecies of Luxemburgo or Sacchi walking out after a few disagreements. These men know the type of structure Real Madrid has, they have worked with it their entire professional lives. They will know what is expected of them and what their role is, just as Perez and Butragueño will know what Sacchi and Luxemburgo expect. In fact, I think one of Perez's big mistakes, was giving into the populism of the moment, and hiring Camacho. No one really could say it at the time, but it ended up being a total disaster. However, it was exactly what everyone was clamoring for in May and June. And he gave it to them, many of whom are some of the quickest to attack now...

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
avrv said:
Before Perez, a huge problem Madrid had, was allowing its managers to buy several players of their choosing.
i dont see what the problem with this? it's better letting the coach to choose the players and not perez who only brought players by their popularity and merchandise value.
avrv said:
Calling Perez a "problem" is ridiculous. He's made mistakes, as have others, and will continue to do so. But he's also done much good for this club. Good that will allow us to be back on top in a very short time indeed.
dude we're only going downhill and fast. i'm trying to be optimistic but i just cant trust perez anymore. he didn't make mistake from time to time, he makes mistakes almost all the time! how many more mistakes he'll have to do that you'll finally reach the conclusion that perez is a failure?
avrv said:
I think one of Perez's big mistakes, was giving into the populism of the moment, and hiring Camacho.
firing del bosque was bigger mistake and very unjustified move. look what happened to the coach position since then...

Perez make less sense than a bunny with a pancake on his head

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On the Previso that Perez will actually let Saccho do what he's hired for and not stick to his Los Galacticos philosophy which has actually screwed real to bits.RM have to stop with with buying megastars and promoting them silly it's simply not doing the club many favours thus proving the balance of the side needs to be seriously adjusted.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
in reponse to the thread question its self, hopefully for Madrid fans and they shud start by throwing the increasingly dreadful Raul out, (even though they wont)
Im sick of people still rating this guy, what has he done in the past 2 years or so ??
and even though he supports Ronaldo and doesnt play as a direct striking partner, his goal scoring record recently is poor by a "world class" strikers ability, i'd play moro over raul any day, Raul has too much to say at real and doesnt deserve his place

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avrv
Before Perez, a huge problem Madrid had, was allowing its managers to buy several players of their choosing.
i dont see what the problem with this?
Did you not read the line coming immediately after that sentence?

As for your other comments, I'm sorry you feel that way. I think with more global knowledge of the club, you wouldn't.

To those who doubt, mainly, in my opinion, because you lack any sort of understanding of Real Madrid. Florentino makes all final decisions at Real Madrid. This is how things are run. Sanz did it. Mendoza as well. And de Carlos. And of course Bernabeu himself. If you do not like it, and it frustrates you, maybe it is time to support another club. If you started following Real Madrid because of its propensity to win, well, that isn't constant. Every team has its ups and downs. If you aren't prepared to support the club in its hard times, maybe it is time to find another one. And support doesn't mean bitching and moaning about everything that happens. It doesn't mean doomsday fatalism and finger-pointing at every opportunity. It doesn't mean over-inflating the wrongs and ignoring the rights. These people will continue to make decisions that affect the club for better or for worse. Neither you, nor I, nor anyone else here, can change that, or have any effect on those decisions. But I'm sick and tired of the bandwagon jumping that takes place here, and the ludicrous accusations made towards people who act only in (what they believe) are the best interests of the club, many of whom have been doing so longer than you have been alive, and certainly longer than you've been supporting Madrid. I am not a fan of any particular player, any particular person. I am a fan of the club. Above all. When Perez replaced Del Bosque with Queiroz, in January/February of 2004 there were no criticisms of this choice. We were flying in the league, in the cup final, doing well in the Champions League. Everything ended up falling apart. Do you honestly think that these appointments were made in some diabolical desire to hurt Real Madrid? Sometimes the things I see here are so absurd as to be laughable, this crap about him only caring about shirt sales when signing a player. Was this the case when he signed Woodgate, Samuel, Makelele, or Flavio Conceicao? Do you think players like Zidane or Ronaldo, or even Beckham for Christ's sake, were sign purely because they were famous? The fact that these players, even Beckham, were constantly rated as the best in the world, wouldn't have anything to do with it would it? This connect-the-dots logic is nauseating at times. Give it a rest.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yes but, wit the exeption of beckham, all the other galacticos were bought on talent, i believe that beckham was bought purposefully to bring Real the cash and the recognition as the world no1 club, as it is quoted from a memeber of Perez's inner circle, they rejected the chance to sign ronaldinho because he was "too ugly", quoted and that he would "sink" madrid as a brand, and so they chose Beckham becuase of his status mainly over his ability, as after the pre season tour of asia after beckhams debut, a member was quoted "the whole of Asia loves us", which says it all about perez's priorities which reiterates my point that i believe his signings, yes have brought trophies in the past and based on that belief that his side will win trophies season after season with only one newley added player a "Galactico" for merchandise reasons, because Owen (yes he was a bargain, true) wasnt needed, but perez's policy only to buy attacking players, still exists when the money was truly needed for a DM after failing with Viera, next option Owen ??? this is an example of the money side of the club well and truly showing, as the club are indesperate need of a DM they turn to Owen, the mind wonders.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
LE21 forever!!! said:
as it is quoted from a memeber of Perez's inner circle, they rejected the chance to sign ronaldinho because he was "too ugly", quoted and that he would "sink" madrid as a brand
this "quotes" came from catalan tabloid :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
avrv said:
or even Beckham for Christ's sake, were sign purely because they were famous?
i think beckham and owen weren't needed by the club. we already had figo on the right wing, and three top class forwards with ronaldo, raul and morientes. beckham and owen were not brought by football needs, they are only in real madrid because perez obssesion with "galacticos" and you know it, avrv.
i have nothing against the club and i know there are bad years, but i think we'll do better without perez. if i think so i'm not a loyal fan according to you avrv?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts