Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly has he done for people to think he will carry England. Which team has he exactly carried?

02-03 Everton 6 Goals, 33 Games
03-04 Everton 9 Goals, 34 Games
As soon as he left, Everton qualified for ucl

04-05 Manchester United
League: 11 Goals, 29 Games
Europe: 3 Goals, 6 Games . All three were scored in one game

05-06 Manchester United
League: 12 Goals, 29 Games
Europe: 1 Goal 5 Games

Man U before him was the best in England. When he joined they sucked. Two years with them and they still suck.

Let's leave his NT perfomance aside because he hasn't done anything since the euro.

England suck and it will take more than Rooney hype for them to win a trophy. This isn't the 60s. You can't cheat your way up to a trophy

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
We are a team in transition and we have done pretty well in the league this season considering our injury problems.

I expect Rooney to play a big role in the future aswell for Manchester United.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has scored in exactly 2 ucl games since joining Man U. What a record for someone who is going to lift the trophy for england.
Everton without Rooney >>>>> Everton with Rooney
Man U before Rooney >>>>>> Man U with Rooney

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red Bed said:
We are a team in transition
How scary :eekani: How long will the transition take. :rolleyes: And by transition you mean "waiting to buy new players". Or you think the sorry squad you have will suddenly know how to play football

·
Registered
414 Posts
Calcio100 said:
He has scored in exactly 2 ucl games since joining Man U. What a record for someone who is going to lift the trophy for england.
Everton without Rooney >>>>> Everton with Rooney
Man U before Rooney >>>>>> Man U with Rooney

Everton without Rooney, but with an extra 30M£ to spend > Everton with Rooney

Man U before Rooney > Man U with Rooney, competing with 100M£ Chelsea for the league

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Calcio100 said:
How scary :eekani: How long will the transition take. :rolleyes: And by transition you mean "waiting to buy new players". Or you think the sorry squad you have will suddenly know how to play football
It is close to completion, Sir Alex's 4th generation of Champions are on their way.

With Rooney, Ronaldo and Rossi leading the charge. :proud:

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
El Jefecito said:
He actually scored an hattrick on his CL debut vs Fener at OT!
I know :eekani: Did nothing the rest of the campaign :dazed: Did nothing again this seasn. Scored only 1 goal :stress: :googly: :undecide:

Against the top epl teams, all I remember is his dive against arsenal to win a penalty

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FiveMagics said:
Any person with a brain when researching his goal stats would notice RVN's stats ..... after a while it might dawn on him that RVN is the goal scoring striker at Manchester United.
So, who is going to be the goal scoring striker for the english NT? Crouch?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Calcio100 said:
So, who is going to be the goal scoring striker for the english NT? Crouch?
Owen will be the main scorer, supported by Lampard, Rooney, Cole and Beckham Gerrard.

we have plenty of players that can score.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Barca my LOVE said:
today against birm''ham he sucks
True.

He is not as talented as people want to make us think. All I see in him is youthful exuberance. He can take long shots. Run around. Insult everyone including his teammates and officials. Put a kid like Messi next to him and you will see how normal he is.

Rooney is an OK player. Not even the best player in Man United and England NT

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FiveMagics said:
Ever heard of Michael Owen?

Good god, do you actually watch the game?
Does he even assist. Anyone please post his assist stats. All I see him do is try long range shots. Will never intentionally pass to a teammate. Remember Vassel against France. :undecide:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts