Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first time I saw Rooney playing against Australia I was certain he would become one of the best english players, but as time have passed its clear he hardly puts his technique to full use, he has a metal block when it comes to playing at crucial matches.

So the question is will Rooney continue to me this mediocre player with great technique or his mind will improve and he will become a great player?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I think being a closet homosexual is weighing on him a bit, Ronaldo and Rooney need to be brave enough to let the world know.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marc

I doubt that would solve the problem :D

he already is a great player

but he hasn't improved much during the last couple of years
I think he is a good player but looking back how he started I expected much more, sometimes he tries to play the physical game too much and you can hardly see glimpses of the technique he used to show.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
A player of his talent will definitely not remain an underachiever. He definitely needs to change his game though. With the wide array of strengths he has on the field he can adapt and evolve the way he plays, but he needs to use his head more.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
9 times out of 10? Thats wrong surely. In all honesty there probably isnt a player in world football with that record.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Theres Kaka :proud:
I may be wrong, but whats he done in any Milan derby in the last couple years? :eek: What did Kaka do v Arsenal? :sleepy: Also hes had a few bad games v Roma :)

·
Scudetto
23,465 Posts
Thats why you said, nine times out of ten :D

He probably just didn't show up against Arsenal, but he was injured.

And for sure he was one of Milan's best players at the Olimpico the other day :mad:

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
He can be a bit inconsistent in possession but when he is on his game he looks the best player on the pitch, no matter what team he is playing against.

Also he is not often played in his best position as a support striker for either Utd or England.

·
Scudetto
23,465 Posts
Yeah, I find that weird.

Even when he is playing support striker he is supporting Tevez :wth:

He should play alongside a real targetman like Berbatov.

·
International
5,629 Posts

·
Registered
67,690 Posts
He's one of the best all around forwards in the world, it's just that Ronaldo's outshining everyone right now in Manchester.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts