Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rosenborg: Remember they got their first point against Arsenal.
Roma: They were the better team for 45 minutes against Real.

Will this two teams do us some justice. They have nothing to lose against two teams who were labelled the best teams in europe even before the start of the season.

From my teams(Juve, Inter, Barca) point of view I wouldn't mind if :ass:nal go thruogh. But the Galacticos might wakeup anytime so I would not want to meet them later.

it will be good for football if this two teams get kicked out. Only then will people learn not to follow the hype. I've been saying how this two teams are overrated for a long time and no one wanted to listen

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
In a word....no.

We destroyed Roma although they went 2-0 up so what makes you think we would have any trouble beating them in an empty stadium?

Arsenal will fly past Rosenborg.

I know we all love shocks and drama, but I am afraid there will be nothing to talk about on Matchday 6.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
In a word....no.

We destroyed Roma although they went 2-0 up so what makes you think we would have any trouble beating them in an empty stadium?

I disagree on this. IMO Roma were very "unlucky". They were 2-0 up, nearly scored a 3rd, Real scored their first on a owngoal and the 2nd threw a very harsh penalty. After that Real played very well, but thoese first 2 goals were crucial IMO.

Arseanal will beat Rosenborg. Period

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
calcio100 said:
Roma: They were the better team for 45 minutes against Real.
Absurd.

They were the better team for about 25 minutes... Real was absolutely dominating the game as soon as Raul made it 2-1 for Roma.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Diavolo said:
I disagree on this. IMO Roma were very "unlucky". They were 2-0 up, nearly scored a 3rd, Real scored their first on a owngoal and the 2nd threw a very harsh penalty. After that Real played very well, but thoese first 2 goals were crucial IMO.
Excuse me?

Madrid dominated the game after 25mins and totally overwhelmed Roma towards the end.

How on Earth were Roma "very unlucky"?

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Excuse me?

Madrid dominated the game after 25mins and totally overwhelmed Roma towards the end.

How on Earth were Roma "very unlucky"?
I have already posted my point of view :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Absurd.

They were the better team for about 25 minutes... Real was absolutely dominating the game as soon as Raul made it 2-1 for Roma.
I am not suggesting that Real didn't play well. I'm just saying that Real scored their first goal threw a owngoal and that the second goal was a very harsh penalty. Happens.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
If the standard of refereeing wasn't so abysmal, we would of had the three points in the bag...but that's football unfortunately. If they do get through, i'll at least be safe in the knowledge that they probably won't be going past the quarter finals:)

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I think there's more chance of Rosenborg taking something from Arsenal. Arsenal have yet to prove they have the mental strength to win in the CL when it really matters. Highbury will be a very nervous place the longer the game goes without an Arsenal goal. They should win, but I wouldn't put money on it.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
I think there's more chance of Rosenborg taking something from Arsenal. Arsenal have yet to prove they have the mental strength to win in the CL when it really matters. Highbury will be a very nervous place the longer the game goes without an Arsenal goal. They should win, but I wouldn't put money on it.
:eekani: :eekani: :eekani:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
we do play strange tactically in CL but seriously Rosenborg are the worst team in the competition by a long way, if we don't beat the plucky Norwegians :D then we really should consider becoming a cricket club.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
we do play strange tactically in CL but seriously Rosenborg are the worst team in the competition by a long way, if we don't beat the plucky Norwegians :D then we really should consider becoming a cricket club.
Yeah, I gues you should really be capable of beating them. Anyway, if Rangers can't beat these plucky Austrians tonight i'll be very depressed. I'm off to Ibrox/ Castle Grayskull/ The Deathstar (delete as appropriate) now...

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
That's something you should look into, IMO. Just in case :tongue:

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
first round roma lost for crazy referee
i never see suck PK decision
madrid nearly got pk in home game
that is important point in roma VS madrid first game

roma can drop madrid to uefa

1 - 20 of 95 Posts