Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's done it in La Liga and Serie A, and now he's in England to complete the holy trinity. Can he do it?

And has any player ever flopped so badly across three major leagues?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I wouldnt label him a big flop, In Barcelona his performances were not so bad it was just his situation was very bad and he couldnt stay after so many arguments with the management, whereas Inter he only had 6 months which isnt enough time to judge someone, I mean Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra were awful in their first 6 months and look what players they turned out to be.

I think at Chelsea he may excel and finally show his potential and I truly hope he does

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
He'll flop.. I quite respected him as a player in Porto(even after Barcelona), but I don't think the guy has the mentality to succeed, at least not in any of the top clubs in the big three.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Christian Pannuci?
Err and where and how did Panucci flop exactly?
I think at Chelsea he may excel and finally show his potential and I truly hope he does
What potential are you talking about? Hitting the ball with the outside of his foot? He's another overrated Portuguese piece of crap.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
He has the potential, i remember he owned Arsenal in the CL, but he'll never be big. Ive stopped believing now

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
I wouldnt label him a big flop, In Barcelona his performances were not so bad it was just his situation was very bad and he couldnt stay after so many arguments with the management, whereas Inter he only had 6 months which isnt enough time to judge someone, I mean Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra were awful in their first 6 months and look what players they turned out to be.

He flopped. And now Chelsea are giving him a new chance to finally succeed in a huge league.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Chelsea and Real Madrid.

Not sure who in Italy though.
Yes Panucci didn't spend long time in England with Chelsea, only half a season before he decided to leave after Vilalli, the manager who brought him there, was sacked.

But his time in Real Madrid was anything but a failure. Three seasons, 70+ games and La Liga with CL title. In Italy he played with Milan, Inter and Roma where he contributed to a major title in every club.

Pnaucci's name shouldn't be mentioned in such thread. If anything it should be the total opposite, the example of a successful carrer.

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
Yes Panucci didn't spend long time in England with Chelsea, only half a season before he decided to leave after Vilalli, the manager who brought him there, was sacked.

But his time in Real Madrid was anything but a failure. Three seasons, 70+ games and La Liga with CL title. In Italy he played with Milan, Inter and Roma where he contributed to a major title in every club.

Pnaucci's name shouldn't be mentioned in such thread. If anything it should be the total opposite, the example of a successful carrer.
agreed.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I think he will suceed in the EPL.

He needs the opposing defenders to initiate the tackle/block, then it will be all Quaresma.

Serie A defenders do go at the winger till the right moment. That was why he held the ball longer than necessary and disrupted the team's flow.

We all know EPL is different. He'd find his place.

(I havent seen much of him with Barca...)

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I think he was referring to his stint at Inter, Gica.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Quaresma is a talented mofo, I just think he needed a father figure type of manager to boost his confidence after his poor stint at Inter. Phil Scolari was the ideal manager for him and why Q decided on his loan deal to Chelsea...h'es probably feeling the loss of him more than any other Chelsea player :sad:

It looks tough going for Quaresma now.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts