will the Arsenal be slain tonight?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday, Pompey - Arse :fero:

He's a man on a mission. A man who's scored 3 in his last 2 games, from which 2 of them certainly would be contenders for goal of the season.

Underrated by many, a gem for the few.

Pray for Pedro :hopefull: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cos we're a Chelsea / Inter Milan when it comes to midfielders. :shades:

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Spurs fans dream on, you had chances to secure 4th place and blew time after time, we coming into top form at the right time.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
michaldinho said:
por ejemplo, tiago scored genst united from some distance...
you don't rate Tiago? :dazed: he's made Lyon into a more footballing side. Was very impressed by him against PSV. Maybe not a tough physical muscleman most premiership managers like to have in the middle of the park but a real footballer.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Wally said:
you don't rate Tiago? :dazed: he's made Lyon into a more footballing side. Was very impressed by him against PSV. Maybe not a tough physical muscleman most premiership managers like to have in the middle of the park but a real footballer.
i think the tiago of lyon is a different player then when he played at chelski

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Wally said:
cos we're a Chelsea / Inter Milan when it comes to midfielders. :shades:
you have quantity but no quality.

only Carrick is worth anything, tbh Mendes and Davis are both better than Jenas, Jol spending £7m on him was madness and if he goes for Cisse as well then we will all know he's a complete chancer with a few quid behind him. :D

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah but they wanted to play regularly and they're also more holding midfielders. We got enough of those (don't forget Tainio too) so that's why Jol went for a more attacking one in Murphy :thumbsup:

Lets also not forget our friend Hossam Ghaly. He'll be Edgar Davids' long term replacement if all goes to plan. :D

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He was injured for 6 weeks but behold, our new Thimothee Atouba's back playing for our reserves

Can't wait to see him play :scared: :lala:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Fratton Park is hell, Pompey will get into the Arseholes faces and I expect them to get at least a point.

They have a serious chance of staying up, come on 'Arry. :)

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
mendes is a good player, i didnt want him to go to be frank. brown, paramot and davis werent good enough for the club imo and thats why they went. im not a massive jenas fan but i think hes looked good for us at times. why criticise jol in the transfer market though? how much did gio, jeffers, richard wright, jose 'pleeeease let me play for madrid' reyes cost again!? and you cant say theyve been big successes

·
63,337 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
why criticise jol in the transfer market though?
because he has spent a packet and has a large squad full of mediocrity, and now he is thinking of spending another large wad on a pleb like Cisse.

WHL is hocked up to the eyeballs on Jol's FM fantasies, you should be very worried if you care about your club. ;)

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
hmm the league table would disagree with u jern...were in our best position for like 20 years! so is jol doing that bad a job? and is that why Ajax and PSV both want him as their manager?

·
63,337 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
hmm the league table would disagree with u jern...were in our best position for like 20 years! so is jol doing that bad a job? and is that why Ajax and PSV both want him as their manager?
you are doing wel for a club like you, but Jol is becoming a bit of a joke, you have spent fortunes on players and yet your team is still average.

I think even you know that the Arsenal have only shown their best play the last few weeks, so you are basically battling with Blackburn and Bolton for supremacy despite taking out a £70m loan.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jern Lizardhous said:
you are doing wel for a club like you, but Jol is becoming a bit of a joke, you have spent fortunes on players and yet your team is still average.
Fortunes? we've actually this season received more from our transfers than what we've spent :thumbsup:
The stats

Sounds good business to me :cool:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts