Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes that is the question will MLS expand next season and if so who are the teams and where are they located and do they have any homepages yet??

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
No.

·
Registered
879 Posts
well.. I think eventually MLS will expand, but probably not next season. If you don't already know, the league contracted by two teams this year due to financial problems. I think eventually there will be a team in the florida market to replace the gap when the two teams there folded. It has a high percentage of the population that knows about soccer.

A good result in the WC would do wonders for MLS.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
In all fairness...the REAL question should be "Will MLS be here next season" ??

:mute:

Which is nothing but a yearly ongoing question by us the Soccer Fans in the USA .

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Yes they will expand to Tampa and Miami :D :D :D

I don't think they will expand unless there is a perfect situation. First they need to cement the current teams with specific stadiums. Such it's the case with Chicago, NY, Dallas, DC and KC. Only Columbus, LA, New England and Colorado seem to be stadium set for now.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wrong Question?

Colocolo:

One of the first things they teach you at law school is to NEVER ask a question to which you don't know the answer.

Sort of a "what you don't know can't hurt you" outlook.

Please don't ask your question again. We may not like the answer!

Oldplayer

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Re: Wrong Question?

Oldplayer said:
Colocolo:

One of the first things they teach you at law school is to NEVER ask a question to which you don't know the answer.

Sort of a "what you don't know can't hurt you" outlook.

Please don't ask your question again. We may not like the answer!

Oldplayer
:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Seattle?

I read that the Seattle SeaHawks completed the construction of their new stadio and they want an MLS franchise to use it for Soccer as well.

That could be a possibility.

·
Registered
31 Posts
MLS will not put another team in a football stadium. MLS won't expand unless there is a soccer-specific stadium, a local ownership group with deep pockets, and a tv deal. Until something like that presents itself, they are better off sticking to firming up what they have.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the Board Ender Wiggins. I think you will find the field players here knowledgable and friendly. There are also a few goalies and assorted other old farts and ref's. They're generally OK, too.

Couldn't agree more about the MLS expansion. They need to grow from their base now. AND put a team back in Florida as soon as it is practical.

Oldplayer

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

I don't think they should touch Florida for a long time... the only pro team in any sport that isn't struggling at least a little bit is the Tampa Bay Bucs... Before they go back to Florida, there are a lot of other cities that they need to look out.

That said, if the right things happen - soccer specific stadium, deep-pocketed local ownership, and a good local TV deal - they'd go to pretty much anywhere.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Ender,

Why are you a supporter of FC Koln? I've spent a fair amount of time in that city and enjoyed it thoroughly. My brother played professional basketball for Koln-Saturn in the 80's. They won the German national bounce-ball Cup.

Oldplayer

·
Registered
1 Posts
Expansion...

When the MLS does expand, I hope that 2 A-league teams with pre-existing support are chosen for promotion. Seattle and Rochester would be my two choices, but I am sure there are others. Rochester is considering a new stadium (20,000 seats?).

On that note, has anyone here watched the FSW A-league coverage? It is pretty good. The announcers are pretty knowledgable and they seem to talk a lot about the league and the other teams. It seems more cohesive than the ESPN coverage of the MLS simply because the seem to cover much more of the league in one match than ESPN ever does.

Am I wrong here? What do you guys think (if you have seen the coverage on FSW).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts