Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have doubts that this trio will work coz we will lose a guy in the defence.
what do u guys think
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
I think it will, because this 4-3-3 system is working for a lot of teams. We haven't really got the players to play 4-4-2. We lack a proper left-side midfielder.

I think the formation will depend on who we play though. Against an uber-attacking team, it would be a bit silly not to take advantage of our defensive prowess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,543 Posts
Bocha said:
I think it will, because this 4-3-3 system is working for a lot of teams. We haven't really got the players to play 4-4-2. We lack a proper left-side midfielder.

I think the formation will depend on who we play though. Against an uber-attacking team, it would be a bit silly not to take advantage of our defensive prowess.
u have a proper left sided player, but maybe htey not good enough.
bilos is no way as good as last season.
kily is not playing regularly for inter
but i dont think sorin should play l midfield

im not sure which suits argetnina best.
pekerman only played 433 once and i think its mistake to change 4mation b4 world cup. i liked system vs england match.

beilsa mastered the 433.
442 may b better, but pekerman can not play 2 holdind midfielders.
he must play mascherno and cambiasso/lucho
is lucho a holding player or more forward type.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,912 Posts
this midfield looks good to me:

dm: masche
rw: lucho
lw: andres
pm: roman

messi and tevez up front, so there is no need for crespo in the starting lineup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
the only problem is that if "Thudor" (crotia) or Ferdinand(england) challange messi or teves on air duel's then we are fuc.kt upp :thmbdown:
and we wouldn't even win a single head duel's :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
batistuta2002 said:
the only problem is that if "Thudor" (crotia) or Ferdinand(england) challange messi or teves on air duel's then we are fuc.kt upp :thmbdown:
and we wouldn't even win a single head duel's :rolleyes:
Pekerman has an abundance of left sided midfield stars he could play, such as Sorin, D'Alessandro, Kily, Solari, Santana and even Aimar if needed. However he chooses not to take a majority of those guys for reasons only he knows.

Lucho can play on the left too, but he ain't too good there. He's more of an attacking player but defends almost equally as well. He sets up a lot of Argentina's attack with his beautiful ground passes, good pace, and loves to backtrack to defend in the central midfield. Hopefully he starts on the team, he deserves it.

I REALLY like ampersand's midfield but that will not happen because Pekerman has lost faith in D'Alessandro, :( :frustrat: I can't believe El Cabezon won't make the team. :frustrat: He is my favorite Argentine player.

Even though Crespo is one of my favorite strikers in the world, he is not needed to start for Argentina to be succesful. In regards to the air battles, we won't need to win them because with the midfield of Roman, Aimar, Mascherano, Lucho, Cambiasso, and/or Messi, we'll be practically playing all ground passes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,543 Posts
cambiasso is good in the air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,247 Posts
About if this trio could work, i can only say, why the hell no??
Two skillful players in the flanks, who can score and at the same time assist the main CF.
Not to mention they would have the mastermind of Roman behind them.

The right question would be, if playing this trio + Roman can affect the team balance.
IMHO, as long as Pkman makes the right changes, it wont necesary break the balance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
well they did pretty good vs. Croatia....

Both Messi and Tevez scored + Crespo had 2 chances wich he usually converts...not bad for their 1st time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,116 Posts
The three of them did a very good first half against Croatia if was not for the GK and the defense that failed terribly. They played for the first time like that and I think it deserves another shot to adjust a few things in the system before using it at the world cup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,247 Posts
L-Pheno said:
Personally, I would take out Crespo to accomodate Pablo Aimar or even Sergio Aguero.
Many in this forum have been asking for a Messi-Tevez up front duo, leaving Crespo out.
And even though they are both amazing players, who can decide a game by themselves, neither of them are born goalscorers.
I believe we need a hit-man in the middle of the pk box, be it Crespo or Milito (or maybe even Saviola). Someone who knows how to move in the box, specially without the ball.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
It has to work. A forward line with the talent of Messi & Tevez, plus the finishing power of Crespo is always going to cause anyone problems.

Crespo's inclusion is not debatable though. At the World Cup level, a finisher like him is essential to grab the goals. Leaving him out is not an option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,247 Posts
Bocha said:
It has to work. A forward line with the talent of Messi & Tevez, plus the finishing power of Crespo is always going to cause anyone problems.

Crespo's inclusion is not debatable though. At the World Cup level, a finisher like him is essential to grab the goals. Leaving him out is not an option.
An on-form Crespo is essential.
He is far from being the lethal CF he once was at parma/lazio, but we still need him.
If he drops his form, we will need to prove other options as CF, because not having a good finisher can put us out of WC early again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
batigold said:
Many in this forum have been asking for a Messi-Tevez up front duo, leaving Crespo out.
And even though they are both amazing players, who can decide a game by themselves, neither of them are born goalscorers.
I believe we need a hit-man in the middle of the pk box, be it Crespo or Milito (or maybe even Saviola). Someone who knows how to move in the box, specially without the ball.
Why not Aguero-Tevez?

-------------Ustari----------
Zanetti---Ayala---Heinze---Sorin
--------Lucho---Mascherano
---Messi----Riquelme---Aguero---
-------------Tevez

Aguero and Messi can both score, so can Roman. Goals will not be a problem, but I would worry about that defense with Ayala being so injury-prone and Heinze still not guaranteed to be fit enough to play at the WC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,116 Posts
El-Pheno, you are out of the blue a great Aguero aficionado :D

However,

I would prefer Tevez-D. Milito-Messi trio upfront, all skillful, fast, hold the ball, goal scorers, great mobility, stubborn, strong and got the required winning mentality.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top