Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bolivia just thrashed Argentina 6-1, equaling 51-year record for Argentina's biggest ever defeat. The score line is not as worrying as the way Argentina played, they were completely uninterested and did not even try to get back into the match.

Will Maradona survive?

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
He's probably the only person in the whole world who could survive something like this.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
He will survive even if Argentina doesn't qualify for the world cup.
Remember AFA dudn't fire Bielsa when we went to the world cup as the no. 1 favorites and got eleminated in the first round. Basile was not fired after a team of our best stars lost 0-3 to Brazil's B team.

Argentina's national team coach is the securest job in the world.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I think this game is not to be judged upon. It is a freak result, that is all. Come the next game, Argentina trashes the other side in a normal playing conditions and the tune will change again.

It is a huge loss, humiliation from a much inferior team but this might come in handy in so many ways.

So no, Maradona will not be sacked. AFA have never sacked any coach, all resigned.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
He wont be sacked. Mayber he will be if Argentina loses to Brazil 5-0 at home...

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Colombia 93' all over again, this time it wasn't at home though.

[tub]lsgl_Rlchko[/tub]

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
He wont be sacked. Mayber he will be if Argentina loses to Brazil 5-0 at home...
Basile lost to Colombia at home 5-0 and to Brazil B 3-0 twice and only left when he resigned.

However, shyte happens, everything went against him in this game. The players were tired, horrible, the whole fooking atmosphere spelled disaster.

Maradona is not that kind of people who gives a flying fook about what others say about him.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i hope not but if argentina lose in such a result and lose their prestige as a great name in football, then it`s better for maradona to resign and keep his name he made as player no.1 in football for most fans around the world.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I wonder what he has to say about altitude now, since he used to mock brasilians for complaining. I guess back in his day all he had to do was stuff his face with cocaine before matches.

fagot

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
unecessary insult there....geez. He is definately eating his words ....

He will survive even if Argentina doesn't qualify for the world cup.
Remember AFA dudn't fire Bielsa when we went to the world cup as the no. 1 favorites and got eleminated in the first round. Basile was not fired after a team of our best stars lost 0-3 to Brazil's B team.

Argentina's national team coach is the securest job in the world.
This is hillarious!! :howler:

Don't be harsh, he's just been stabbed 6 times in the heart.
:D I love how emotional Maradona is!! what a character!

It must be said that Maradona can do what he wants in Argentina. If he wants to run the government, opress opposition, persecute catholics and give away land to Cuba he could, and the people would allow him....

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Of course he won't be fired, what would be the point in that? His job description isn't "beat Bolivia", it's "get to the World Cup". And given the..."bloated" nature of SA qualifiers, it's practically impossible for the big two not to achieve that. Judge him on what Argentina do when they inevitably get there.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I do think that Diego Maradona is going to find himself way out of his depth tactically. Sure he may be able to get them pumped up and the right stage mentally, but I seriously think he is going to struggle massively tactically

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Maradona will struggle because the selection is too hard for him. It's not like Spain where the NT only has one clear optimal lineup of players.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I wonder what he has to say about altitude now, since he used to mock brasilians for complaining. I guess back in his day all he had to do was stuff his face with cocaine before matches.

fagot
Bolivia has the right to play there, what Argentina, Brazil and the rest must not do, is take ligthly the preparation to play there (physically, tactically and strategically)...

I'll be more worried about what Pele might say about any brazilian player.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Bolivia has the right to play there, what Argentina, Brazil and the rest must not do, is take ligthly the preparation to play there (physically, tactically and strategically)...

I'll be more worried about what Pele might say about any brazilian player.

sure NTs have all the time in the world to be ready for a game in La Paz, go read what Dwarf had to say about the game he could not even regain his breath.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/world/news/SP382258.php

It might be easy when you are playing a team that has no clue about football, but with each time the gap diminishing between NTs its hard to play in such conditions.

"Everyone struggled. You sprint a bit and it's difficult to get your breath back and you could see that they were faster. They also played at a very fast rhythm, and they shot from everywhere."

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
He wont be sacked and he should not be sacked.

Din't see the game , just the highlights.... and most shots were from 25 yards out.

I hope wehn Brazil plays up their, we can play with long range shooters from midfield and only one forward

1 - 20 of 21 Posts