Xtratime Community banner

201 - 220 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Well back to where Lady Luck yet again, has left last week :groan:
We will face Fiorentina away, in a very delicate game, without three suspended players (Maldini, Ambro and Kaladze) :stress:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Glen said:
I thought it was only proper to revive this tread for you all considering the two matches of the past week.
Yeah, she turned her back on us once again, Juve managed a last minute win last week vs Lazio and 2 Bologna players were out due to injury in the early moments of your game today. Amoroso in particular was doing good. :frownani:

We also played our last 2 serie A games without 5 suspended players :stress:
And yesterday 4 other players were booked :groan:

As we enter a rather nerve-wreking week for us, with 2 very delicate games, if she suddenly dosen't turn up, we're fried :depress:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Give.... me..... a... break!!!

:howler:

If you didn't see Lady Luck present for your last two wins... then you'll never see her.
And you talk about yellow cards? None of them were given to players in danger of suspensions, and you were put under pressure for most the match with two very possible pk's not given, Fiorentina dominating, hitting the bar and the post and missing numerous other chances.

PSV gave you the run around most of the game, and it was a miracle you won 2-0, which told virtually nothing of the game. Even my most Milan devoted friend said as much.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #207 (Edited)
Glen said:
Give.... me..... a... break!!!

:howler:

If you didn't see Lady Luck present for your last two wins... then you'll never see her.
And you talk about yellow cards? None of them were given to players in danger of suspensions, and you were put under pressure for most the match with two very possible pk's not given, Fiorentina dominating, hitting the bar and the post and missing numerous other chances.

PSV gave you the run around most of the game, and it was a miracle you won 2-0, which told virtually nothing of the game. Even my most Milan devoted friend said as much.
In finding rather unusual that in 1 year Juve have been awarded only 1 penalty against (vs Lecce whilst the score was 5-1 :D ), it surprises me that you consider thoese penalties :eekani: For sure Lazio deserved 2 penalties last week, 1 on Filippini and the other, on Bazzani in the 87th minute. :groan: and Nedved yesterday deserved a direct red :nervous:

In not forgetting that Crespo was denied a more that legitimate goal vs PSV in the 2nd half :sob:
I shall now share with the rest of the comunity these updated incredible stats:

Fouls committed:
1 Juventus 873 :eekani:

2 Bologna 798
3 Messina 797
4 Brescia 780
5 Reggina 773
6 Palermo 760
7 Atalanta 749
8 Cagliari 742
9 Livorno 740
10 Parma 724
11 Lecce 714
11 Siena 714
13 Fiorentina 712
14 Sampdoria 705
15 Roma 694
16 Udinese 670
17 Internazionale 661
18 Lazio 660
19 Chievo 638
20 Milan 617

Yellow cards:

1 Reggina 94
2 Roma 85
2 Messina 85
4 Bologna 83
4 Palermo 83
6 Brescia 82
7 Livorno 81
7 Lecce 81
9 Lazio 80
10 Parma 74
10 Cagliari 74
10 Sampdoria 74
13 Chievo 73
14 Internazionale 71
15 Fiorentina 65
16 Udinese 64
17 Atalanta 63
18 Juventus 61 :eekani: :eekani: :eekani:
19 Siena 60
20 Milan 59

Red cards:

1 Parma 10
1 Lazio 10
1 Chievo 10
4 Brescia 9
4 Cagliari 9
6 Siena 8
7 Roma 7
8 Fiorentina 6
8 Reggina 6
8 Palermo 6
8 Messina 6
12 Atalanta 5
12 Milan 5
12 Lecce 5
12 Bologna 5
16 Livorno 4
16 Sampdoria 4
18 Internazionale 3
18 Udinese 3
20 Juventus 2 :eekani:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Yes yes... we are intollerably lucky of course. You should have won the league by 10-20 points by now. If that'll do. We should be fighting for fourth spot. Not the title. Against Lazio we were played down under the grass, and the game before, against inter, we were totally dominated and it was a mystery that our loss wasn't more severe. Futhermore - Zlatan should not only have been banned for three games on his first suspension of the year. It should have definately been 10. Sure sure, we cannot possibly disagree on any of the above.....

Yet - what does all that have to do with your team having had a substantial dose of fortune cookies this week?

Are you unable to see it, or do you just prefer to consider yourself unlucky at any time, regardless?

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #209 (Edited)
Glen said:
Yes yes... we are intollerably lucky of course. You should have won the league by 10-20 points by now. If that'll do. We should be fighting for fourth spot. Not the title. Against Lazio we were played down under the grass, and the game before, against inter, we were totally dominated and it was a mystery that our loss wasn't more severe. Futhermore - Zlatan should not only have been banned for three games on his first suspension of the year. It should have definately been 10. Sure sure, we cannot possibly disagree on any of the above.....

Yet - what does all that have to do with your team having had a substantial dose of fortune cookies this week?

Are you unable to see it, or do you just prefer to consider yourself unlucky at any time, regardless?
First of all, Ibra was given 2 not 3 (1 was due for a yellow). In agreeing that IMO the incident vs Inter should not have been sentenced, it is also fair to say that Ibra should have been red carded on 4 other occasions.

Coming to your question, phrased in a rather Mother Theresian style, not after having agreed, but also disagreed, with your point of view, that Juve should be battleing for 3rd and not 4th spot as you suggested.
I posted not more that a week ago, that our 5 players that were suspended in the last 2 games (Costacurta, Kaladze, Ambrosini, Maldini and Stam), not to mention Kaka vs Brescia 3 games ago :groan: have distabalized Ancelotti in the sence that he had no choice but to field a number of players that have played up to 8 games in 24 days :stress: For sure Costacurta, Ambrosini and Kaladze would have come in handy in replacing players that can barely stand :stress:
Obviously, if compared to Juve we still have a lot to learn "Special tactical tackles" wise :hopefull:

Furthermore, as we've went also through a Euroderby :stress: that, on paper, was a much tougher clash than Juve vs Liverpool, that was summed up in a post of yours that essentialy contained the following smiley: ;) , in aknowledging that in the first half vs Fiorentina we deserved losing 1-0, I also remember that in 9 minutes we scored 2 goals :star: coming close to score another one with Cafu, even if Fiorentina would have deserved a draw. Happens. In Siena we deserved the win and we lost (also due to 2 erroneous offside calls on Sheva and gattuso hitting the crossbar). In our game vs PSV, we deserved an early goal, Gomes was elected MOM, we scored 2 and Crespo was denied a 3rd goal for a bad ref call. Dida did not make a single save. Not bad for a team that hasn't had a break since early April :eekani:

In understanding that Juve's freshness will be a great boost for your winning ambitions vs us next sunday :stress: due to the fact that Juve will have the advantage of resting midweek (BTW real classy move not to allow the game to be played Sunday evening :shades), whilst we travel to Holland, facing a very determined Dutch Team :cool: that will give all they have in order to reverse the first leg result. We know from now that Juve will play the game of their life, having also decided to start a press black-out ;) that will allow them to focus on the game only.

Our Zombies will try their best :hopefull:

Lady Luck, should favour us this time :hopefull: as in Torino she was blind towards you lot :eekani:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Glen said:
PSV gave you the run around most of the game, and it was a miracle you won 2-0, which told virtually nothing of the game.
The second half only. Don't stretch it now. The miracle was that Juve played like a lifeless, clueless and gutless team vs. Liverpool in a packed Delle Alpi. That was the miracle.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Amazing.

Luck is indeed relative. I'll phrase the question differently then - if only to see if either one of you can show some sort of perspective without the conveniently everpresent Juve angle.

Would you consider PSV to have been unlucky against you?
Would you consider Fiorentina to have been unlucky against you?

Supposing the answer to those two questions are 'yes' - does that not, by extension, imply that you were lucky against them?

...and should that be so, don't you think there could be cause to relativise this constant stream of "Lady Luck hates Milan" BS... sorry... hypothesis... you have going? At least as far as letting go of perhaps exagurated yellow cards for Cafu and Kaka against Viola, given that it was a small price to pay considering what should propably have been given against you?

At least you have ZERO injuries in this team of "zombies" you claim to have Diavolo (you're making it seem as if it should be considered unlucky or somehow unfair for you that you "have" to play the CL...). In your team, if anyone is playing too much, it's because Carlo doesn't rotate enough.

Expecting Diavolo to give a long rant about Juve now (again). Showing stats we've all seen (again).

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
As both Milan and Juve are the main contenders for the title and not 2 other teams, my rant is perhaps just and adequate reply to your always welcomed posts ;)

Having just underlined that it's indeed Juve and Milan and not Novara and Pisa that, most presumably, will battle to the very last game, whom among the 2 will be the winners of Campionato 2004/05, in pointing out that the amazing stats posted yesterday, where available only from yesterday, in underlining theirfore that they were only available then, using the word "again", perhaps was not the best of choices :)

Now these incredible stats, are not just numbers, but had the result of forcing our beloved Carletto Ancelotti :cool: :proud: :cool: to field the team in previos matches, in a way that if we had not suffered an incredible amount of suspended players, he would most presumably fielded otherwise.
This is very important IMO, cause it had a devastating result, energy wise, on both our games vs PSV and Fiorentina :stress:

As you may have noticed, in the 2 games you suggested we were supposedly lucky, energy was just not their :depress: If it's fair to say that vs PSV, Milan had a very good start of the match, with a number of scoring opportunities that were unfortunately failed, of wich I would like to reming the incredible save on the goal line by Park on Crespo's header :eekani: the great shot by Crespo the whent inches above the crossbar, the lob by Sheva just after 3 minutes from start and the great save by Gomes on Kaka's shot. Sheva's goal was scored in the last minutes of the first half :cool: In the 2nd half, after Sheva's classy lob, saved incredibly by Gomes (BTW elected MOM) and Crespo dissalowed goal (it should have stood), the energy factor, combined with a great performance by PSV :cool: had an effect on our players :stress: (We must not forget that we also had a nervewrecking Euroderby just days earlier) :cool: JDT made it 2 :star: Dida did not make a single save, despite PSV chances :eekani:

In Florence, unlike Siena vs Milan :doh: we won thanks to Sheva :proud: (BTW we must not forget that he is fully recovering just now since his terrible injury). Fiorentina had a full week to preapre the game, as they are struggleing to remain in Serie A, naturally they started heads down. Our Zombies (BTW we must not forget that Kaladze, Maldini and Ambro are suspended, not allowing Carletto to rotate his players) could not resist. Fiorentina scores :stress:
However, the last drop of energy left, allows us to score 2 goals in the first 9 minutes of the 2nd half :devil: Admirable :proud:

We know for ourself, that things will only get worse :eekani: :stress: :eekani: Today we play our 9th game since the 6th of April and Sunday our 10th :eekani:

In particular Juve, next Sunday have even turned down the possibilty of playing in the evening, as they rightfully feel that playing at 3 pm, with an estimated temperature of 25/30 degrees, will only make things worse for us Poor Devils :frustrat:

Will it be too much?

P.S. Lady Luck ows us. We just need to go back to Juve vs Milan ;)

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Diavolo said:
If it's fair to say that vs PSV, Milan had a very good start of the match, with a number of scoring opportunities that were unfortunately failed, of wich I would like to reming the incredible save on the goal line by Park on Crespo's header :eekani: the great shot by Crespo the whent inches above the crossbar, the lob by Sheva just after 3 minutes from start and the great save by Gomes on Kaka's shot. Sheva's goal was scored in the last minutes of the first half :cool: In the 2nd half, after Sheva's classy lob, saved incredibly by Gomes (BTW elected MOM) and Crespo dissalowed goal (it should have stood), the energy factor, combined with a great performance by PSV :cool: had an effect on our players :stress: (We must not forget that we also had a nervewrecking Euroderby just days earlier) :cool: JDT made it 2 :star: Dida did not make a single save, despite PSV chances :eekani:
;)
I agree, I don't think we were that lucky against PSV. PSV had their chances but we had 9 shots on target to their 6, a total of 15 shots to their 12.

And like Diavolo said, Dida wasn't exactly busy throughout the 90 mins. It's not like it was daylight robbery.

:stuckup:

·
Registered
61,189 Posts
Diavolo said:
In particular Juve, next Sunday have even turned down the possibilty of playing in the evening, as they rightfully feel that playing at 3 pm, with an estimated temperature of 25/30 degrees, will only make things worse for us Poor Devils :frustrat:
I thought that devils can stand the heat ! :eekani: :googly: :eekani: What kind of sissy devils are you if you can't endure 25/30 degrees ? :D :tongue:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Nerazzurri4life said:
I thought that devils can stand the heat ! :eekani: What kind of sissy devils are you if you can't endure 25/30 degrees ? :D :tongue:
:embarass:

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Lady Luck visited me at work today, though I must admit it was an unpleasant visit :stress:

Firstly, my jug on my desk cracked and the water spilled all over my desk, including some important documents :scream:

Then my new assistant booked 2 identical forex trades for a client, and in the end, I had to sign for the losses incurred on the duplicate trade :scream:

On my way to meet a client, my car suffered a puncture and I was more than half an hour late for my appointment. Needless to say, he wasn't impressed :groan:

If Lady Luck turns up for the ragazzi tonight, and again on 25 May 2005 in Istanbul, I'll forgive her for what she has done to me today :stuckup:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
After the game against PSV, I don't think we should bother Lady Luck any longer. She has delivered above and beyond anything we could expect. I suggest we close this thread.

·
Registered
61,189 Posts
Why close it when it's helping your cause ? :D

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Damn :groan:
Paolo may be in doubt for Milan vs Juve :scream:
How much worse can it get :sob:

201 - 220 of 239 Posts