Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pr Abdulmajeed has stated that he's personally following the project to build Jeddah's new stadium. The revised project is being privately financed by local investors and financiers, and will have a more modest (but much more suitable and economically viable IMHO) capacity of 50k at a cost of $200 million.

So will it happen this time? Is there going to be a replacement for the old and decrepid Pr. Abdallah alFaisal stadium?

My experience with this project has been to hear a lot of noise but see little grinding. But hope springs eternal, and this time round, the project sounds more sensible. Not like the Uberstadion of the original design.

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
We don't need anything too big or fancy, just a decent one that isn't dilapidated and archaic like Jeddah stadium.

I just hope it's not an eyesore, and obviously as it's going to be our national stadium in Hijaz it should be fitting of that illustrious standing.

I also hope they don't employ the same contractors that are doing the overpass on Emir Fahad in Sharafiyaa.

That is taking an age to complete...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Pr. Abdul Majeed has a reputation of getting things done, however, I won't believe it until the construction starts.

The budget this year was the best in 21 years. So if they can't afford it now, then when?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts