Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.uefa.com/uefa/news/Kind=128/newsId=297230.html

What's your say on this?

I'm pretty happy about this, cause it can give us a shot at raisin talents but not selling ALL of them. Sure, we might sell a couple, but this time, the buying team can only buy few cause they must have 8 homegrown players on their roster too. And I'm guessing that a team like Madrid wouldn't be able to buy our (lets say now hypothetically) 7 great talents or so. Anyway, I'm partly happy about this.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
That is good because it means nobody can buy out all of our talents.....the next Buffon can stay at Parma :happy:

·
Registered
866 Posts
its good for each national FA cause this way domestic talent will grow and less imports will be signed and mess with domestic players development.
That way clubs will save money on transfers and stuff plus its good that each club represent its country of origin like Parma where most italianare playing....all in all not bad idea!!!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
meccano said:
That is good because it means nobody can buy out all of our talents.....the next Buffon can stay at Parma :happy:
It's bad because it'll make us go bankrupt even quicker. Where would we be without being able to sell Di Vaio, Mutu, Adriano, Gilardino, Buffon, Veron, Crespo & all the others? Sure it sucks, but it's the only hope we have of surviving.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
It can't be bad for us. That's for sure.

Cam, we had to sell the players because of our wages. Wages we paid to be able to keep that kind of players.

This new rule will probably lead to lower salaries too. I think this is partially motivated by the recent trend that has seen the rich club take a much too dominating position in the world of football.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
It's good news...:)

But I want a law to solve our problem of seeing young talent at 17 being shipped off elsewhere because Parma can't offer a professional contract to them at 17 but a fecking club in England can. :fero:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
GaGa said:
It's good news...:)

But I want a law to solve our problem of seeing young talent at 17 being shipped off elsewhere because Parma can't offer a professional contract to them at 17 but a fecking club in England can. :fero:
Damn right, that needs to be sorted out asap.

And I agree it's basically not a bad thing, it's just that well...I was tired last night when I posted that & I'm never really optimistic when I need sleep ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts