Xtratime Community banner

will Argentina and France failed to advance to the 2nd round?

• Yes, both get eliminated in the 1st round

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No, only Argentina gets eliminated in the 1s round

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, only France gets eliminated in the 1st round

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • No, they both make it to the 2nd round

Votes: 5 27.8%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? Whatever happens in will be close and if it happens, I am sure it will be the first time that two pre-tournament favorites get eliminated in the first round.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i think that both of them will qualify....

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Gabemar
In 66 Brazil and Italy got out in the first round

And i hope both of them start packing home pretty quickly.... Aerolineas Argentina and Air France must be quickly preparing those luxury seats back to Buenos Aires and Paris!;) :cool:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I voted for the third option. I think Argentina will qualify, whereas france will not.

It is just too difficult for them to beat Denmark by 2 goals, without Henry and Zidane:(

·
Registered
765 Posts
Zidane will play. He'll be training for full tomorrow.

I hope Sweden go through and of course Denmark too.

Weird things could happen and Denmark/France and Argentina/Sweden all go through.

But I think that 1 of the big ones will fail and most likely it'll be France.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
i dont know what to think anymore, but it will be very difficult to beat the swedish. i dunno who has it harder, france or arg???

i just hope this defeat bring us back the guts we lost dunno when.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Both have to fave very tough Scandanavian teams, but I think Argentina has the better chance of progressing to the 2nd Round. Hard to see them not beating Sweden, Bielsa just has make a couple of changes.

France are gonna find it very difficult to beat Denmark by 2 goals and if they do I believe it would be very hars on Denmark to go out in the first round because they deserve it a lot lot more than France.

·
Registered
765 Posts
You could add Italy to this poll (down 2-1 to Croatia)...

What a WC - France, Argentina AND Italy could go out in the group stages!

I don't think it'll happen. Only one of the big ones will fail.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I'd vote for France & Argentina both not making it. France will probably win but not by 2 goals and Zidane won't be enough, I can imagine seing the French cry! Payback for us Brasilliero might come back earlier then expected. :D

I can't see Italy getting anything less then a win with Mexico; but it all depends if Mexico win tommorow.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Magic#10 said:
You could add Italy to this poll (down 2-1 to Croatia)...

What a WC - France, Argentina AND Italy could go out in the group stages!

I don't think it'll happen. Only one of the big ones will fail.

It would be a total disaster if all of these teams fail, even if one fail, particularly Italy, as they are the glamour team of the tournament, voted best looking team by the Japs :D

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
It would be a total disaster if all of these teams fail, even if one fail, particularly Italy, as they are the glamour team of the tournament, voted best looking team by the Japs
The Japs have something with long hair.

:D

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Speaking of which, has there ever bene a more ugly side in international football than the current Argentina team? From mullets to wet perms to lank, greasy locks, they run the whole gamut of tonsorial misdemeanours. Ortega is my personal choice for uggo of '02, not only was he thrashed with the ugly stick from birth, but he compounds it with a magnificently dreadful 'do, that's as impractical as it is vile, and a puss like the proverbial bulldog licking piss off a nettle. Good player though.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Brazilian coach Luiz Felipe Scolari believes key rivals Argentina, Italy and even France will join his team in the World Cup second round.

His bold prediction came after Brazil secured a place in the last 16 courtesy of a 1-1 draw Sunday between Group C rivals Costa Rica and Turkey.

The result leaves Brazil with six points and one game to play. Costa Rica have four points and Turkey one. China prop up the group table.

"We have completed our first goal," he said of qualification. "We have made our first steps but there are still many steps on the road to the final."

Brazil have firmed as favourites for the title after first round stumbles by France, Argentina and Italy.

Defending champions France are fighting for survival after losing to Senegal and drawing with Uruguay. Argentina lost to England and Italy went down 2-1 to Croatia.

Scolari though thinks they have what it takes to make the second round.

"I think France, Argentina and Italy will all qualify," he said at the Brazilian team hotel in Ulsan.

"I think tradition, quality, the difficulties they had in the first two games will give them determination for the third match and I think all three will move to the next round."

While Brazil are safely through, he cautioned that nothing had been won yet.

"For us we still haven't won anything, we have just put ourselves in the next round," he said.

Brazil though are starting to find their feet after losing six games during qualifying.

In their 4-0 win over China in Seogwipo late Saturday there were
signs that all the old confidence and arrogance was flowing back.

Confidence is growing to the extent that the latest opinion poll carried out by the Folha de Sao Paulo daily has 57 percent of people saying that Brazil will win an unprecedented fifth title.

The bookies are also impressed with Ladbrokes, the world's biggest betting agency, installing Brazil as 11/4 favourites following Italy's collapse against Croatia.

www.dailysoccer.com

·
Registered
765 Posts
I guess Scolari wouldn't want to jinx it... If France, Italy, Argentina and even Portugal fail to go through I think Brasil will find it a lot easier to take the throne.

Don't think it will happen - as said before I think just 1 of the big ones will fail - France or Argentina.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Well..Im voting on a 50/50 Shot now..."cause France is already packed and left for European soil" I just dont Believe Argentina will be eliminated too....
But in under 24 hrs we will know..Wont we ????
If Argentina is in fact eliminated, it wont upset me...I just thought they have the "class" to take it all in 2002 . ;)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whoever voted for both teams to be out were seers:D Guys tell me it's Italy next.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts