Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Check out my previous posts, you'll see I won't have an England rules answer ! :)
I'm a realist, I realise England are not the best team in the world, but they are far better than their performances in Euro2000 suggest.

D

·
0 Posts
Greece have a pretty strong team now, and although Germany were awful at EURO 2000, they have a new coach, and know that from now on they must only improve to stand any chance of winning the World Cup in 2006. By then they have to be among the top 3 teams in the world. ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Greece have an ok team, but are vunerable when keyplayers are injured. Germany aren´t as good as they think, and England should thank the Lord that they ended up with them instead of some fast playing team like France or Portugal. The Germans can play fast aswell, but they don´t have the same technic and ballcontrol as the southern europeans.

SO basicly, England will qualify, because Germany is the team that suit England best in the high seedings.

D

·
0 Posts
And who will finish 2nd? Germany or Greece?

I'm not at all convinced England will qualify at all :(

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
England, Greece and Germany are all pretty weak at the moment, but i think it will be Germany(1), england(2), greece will be third or fourth.

L

·
0 Posts
guess it depends on keegan's tactic and his choice of players as well... he has to start thinking beyond his 'legendary' 4 4 2 formation and surely he has to start thinking about considering some of the very good, though not yet widely known, players!!!.... so far he's doing serious consideration based on the players' name rather than their abilities... he's even using the neville brothers while they are not even a regular in man utd team!! sigh.. sigh.. sigh...
guess it is true that good footballer does not necessarily make good coach... (rijkaard is an exception... he's doing really great, yet he withdraws from coaching the team... i wish it's keegan who's doing the 'withdrawing' thing, if u know what i mean :D)
unless keegan is seriously thinking over his tactics and players or.. seriously thinking of withdrawing himself from coaching the team... i see england's road to world cup as a rocky one.. :(
we can hope for miracles though... can't we? afterall, the miracle's been working out fine in the qualifying games for some of the previous competitions... :D:D:D somehow somewhat we had always managed to find a loophole somewhere and... in we go!!!
(i vigorously wish this is still true!!).. sigh sigh sigh...

I

·
0 Posts
its between england and germany in the group and i think both teams will qualify. england will struggle as they always do and so will germany because they are in a rebuilding process if this were any other group i wouldnt be so sure but i think the other teams are fairly weak i know they have greece in their group and hungary i think.

·
Registered
986 Posts
UK Wake Up Call

...seems to me that england were very much ashamed of what happened during euro2000. if it's not a wake-up call to them now, i don't know what would be!! (ESPECIALLY if they were so adament about hosting the WC2006! :confused: )

Speaking of WC'06, germany being the home team automatically get that as an advantage...now it remains to be seen which of the two can rebuild quicker and better. england has more promising young talent, as far as i know, but germany need to replace their old-ass players more desperately.

it doesn't really matter, though, 'cuz USA did SOOOO well in the U-17 Cup in Australia! :p Kidding, kidding... But some of you might be amused to know that I saw an American news program that quoted some dip$hit as saying, "America will win the 2010 WC...we have initiated a multi-million dollar campaign to revamp our soccer programs and will win the WC in ten years." USA winning WC2010? :eek: That really IS a Space Odyssey! ;) We think we can buy ANYTHING!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (but can you price talent? maybe lazio will let us know during this season!!)

[Edited by romAntics on 05-08-2000 at 02:23]

B

·
0 Posts
No! According to my friend who is a MASSIVE supporter of the Deutscher Nationalmannschaft!!!!! -
Germany will rise from the flames and Thrash England home and away, as will all the other teams in the group!

This is not my opinion, but I thought you'd like to know...

I feel that if we are going to qualify Keegan needs to bring in some younger players ie J. Cole , Rio & Lampard.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
It would be a breaze if England playe this line up i posted in "Superb English line up"

J

·
0 Posts
They better, Germany is weak at the moment, and Finland and Greece are both pretty ****ty. They should qualify but the result will be once again the same, no World Cup victory.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts