Xtratime Community banner

Will Del Piero enlighten Italy?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If, god forbid Totti didn't play in the next WC 2006, will Del Piero enlighten the azzurri and make up for all the fcuk ups he did in the past euro 2000?

choose.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
No.

Cassano will.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Antonio Cassano, aka the Italia wonderboy, the next Baggio.

That's who.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh you mean the spoiled brat who at the moment done zilch for Madrid and will continue to do zlich (Raul is back).

ok.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Are you gba?

Your philosophy on football sure sounds like him.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i'm not, but at the moment saying that Antonio is better then Alex is pure crap ;)

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Il_Capitano! said:
oh you mean the spoiled brat who at the moment done zilch for Madrid and will continue to do zlich (Raul is back).

ok.
Actually, Cassano has simply been out of shape for a while, which is why he has had limited opportunities so far.

Now he is in good shape and training hard, expect to see him play regularly soon.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Al Capone said:
Are you gba?

Your philosophy on football sure sounds like him.
That's what I was going to say :tongue: ,Crap he's not who else would start a thread like this? :googly: :tongue:Anyhow Cassano won't get into the squad he's missed to much football and DP will do squat as usual so there. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
del piero certainly has the potential to enlighten Italy. its just a question of the shit squad around him actually doing some work

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
they wont win crap..if they do make out of da 1st rd alive...they will be beat up and tired and then will have to face brazil..forget abt it

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Yes, I hear he makes a pretty mean Lasagna:D

THE Italian NT can sure use a good cook :D

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
lol

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Paranoia said:
I don't think Ale will get much of a chance at redeeming himself in the first place.
I second that. More likely it'll be a Korea/Japan thing again - or more recently the qualifiers where he was put on the wing at least twice - where he does OK without getting to play with any continuity. Subsequently he will be blamed for once again not making the difference.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Cassano should start ahead of Del Piero, he was the only Italian player that emerged with any credit from Euro 2004. He was excellent in Portugal, pity Crapattoni chose to play a shit 11

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Glen said:
I second that. More likely it'll be a Korea/Japan thing again - or more recently the qualifiers where he was put on the wing at least twice - where he does OK without getting to play with any continuity. Subsequently he will be blamed for once again not making the difference.
What do you mean? I thought Del Piero was the bloody hero in Korea - he scored against Mexico, you know. Just ask gba.
:howler:

Of course, he will get a chance to redeem himself, that's Lippi we are talking about, possibly no Totti, DP in good form this season, etc. Maybe nt a chance to be the proverbial Italian Golden Boy but certainly to have a major impact. Whether he uses this chance is another matter.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
All bias aside, Del Piero has had a better season. I don't think anyone in a sane state of mind will deny that. Cassano's season has hardly taken off while Del Piero is currently on fire. I think we have all learnt not to bet against Del Piero, but he's fast becoming an enigma. Whenever we brush him off he'll score the winner or a hattrick over the weekend, but once people begin to have some hope on him you just know he'll screw up.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts