Xtratime Community banner

Will Chelsea dominate ?

3K views 129 replies 37 participants last post by  Jern Lizardhous 
#1 ·
Chelsea have been quite impressive for a while now. They have a scary squad and a young, successful manager who is regarded as one of the elite. Not to mention the limitless spending power they've got thanks to Roman Abramovich. So will we see a period of Blues domination ? Maybe similar to Man Utd's domination in the 90s ?

Discuss...

#5 · (Edited)
Rob Edwards said:
Scary thing is they'll probably dominate Europe for as long as Abramovich/Mourinho are at the helm too.
UCL has one off knockout matches so abit of luck is important in winning this compared to a whole domestic season. 'Luck' has gone Mourinho's way in the past CL so it could happen again who knows?

Chelsea Juve and Inter are the 3 strongest teams in the CL IMO, But all the ability and money in the world isn't a replacement for abit of 'luck',

#7 ·
In the CL not the league where you have more games to balance things out with the strengh of your team.

In the CL knockouts you can be the best but you won't get let off when things go against you because the quality of the opposition is so high.

Anyway the EPL Im pretty convinced they will dominate, The CL is very hard but the guy has done it before like I said, Maybe he has that midas touch...

#8 ·
The more Chelsea start winning the bigger calibre of players they will be able to attract so soon we could see Shevchecnko calible players oppose to Drogba calibre at the club... pretty sacry- they have got the potential to dominate but....

Rafa's Liverpool will probably dominate England and Europe for a good 10 years :D

#10 ·
Are you guys really impressed with Chelsea? I have seens two of their games in EPL, some highlights of other games and the game against Porto, I have to say I don´t think they are playing good football.

I really want to see them get tested next round, based on what they are showing so far its a stretch to say they will dominate EPL like Manu.

#11 ·
I think everyone here is getting a bit carried away, Chelsea haven't even been through the christmas period yet, let alone January and Feb where they stumbled badly last year.

they have played some decent stuff in the last six weeks but things can change very quickly, i think they will win something in the next ten years but the Arsenal and United won't allow them to dominate.

#12 ·
muahhahhaaa :evillaught:

I don't think it's about whether Chelsea will dominate or not. Only time will tell. But, apperently people want us to, otherwise there wouldn't be so much talk about us. Be real, we don't even have superstars, if you look, who are still superstars in England, then it's still Rooney,Henry, Viera, not to mention Europa players.

#13 ·
ehfvkfao said:
chelsea never will dominate
Exactly.

It's not always about money. Last season, didn't they have Veron, Makelele, Duff, about five quality strikers and Lampard?! What did they win? Fu** all.

Can they get their hands on the likes of Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Raul, Kaka, Buffon, Walter Samuel?

NO THEY CAN'T. What they are going to do instead is collect a bunch of very-good players.

Upfront they have Didier frickin Drogba and Gudjohnsen. I mean..please! Chelsea's main strength is a VERY GOOD squad and a good coach. I can only think of 2 world-class players at Chelsea, but they make up for it by having many GOOD players with a lot of potential. You see players like Robben, but Arsenal have Reyes and Van Piersi. What's your point? They have Lampard, Arsenal have Vieira. Henry is better than their whole attacking unit put together.

Arsenal will win the league and FA Cup double (they are just going through their usual November slump, nothing new for those that know. They didn't go 49 games unbeaten without reason).

I can't see Chelsea winning the Champions League either (i.e Barcelona, Milan, Valencia, Inter, Real Madrid, Bayern can all beat them).

I think the Carling Cup is their best bet for a trophy this season.

I am not buying into the hype.

#15 ·
Yes, as long as Ambra want to stay there. Not only do they have a great team, they have the economical capability to spend more than all others.

while they have not always played that good, they win and in the end that is what matters.

#16 ·
Only time will tell but they do have a very strong side, that, along with more depth than any team in the world at the moment, should serve them well.

#17 ·
kat said:
muahhahhaaa :evillaught:

I don't think it's about whether Chelsea will dominate or not. Only time will tell. But, apperently people want us to
it's not that they want you to, the Media obviously like something fresh, but you are put on a pedestal for a reason, so they can get great pleasure in kicking you off it. ;)

talk from experience, we were the best team ever seen in English football 6 weeks ago, two years ago we were as good as Brazil 1970. :pp

#18 ·
JKris said:
Yes, as long as Ambra want to stay there. Not only do they have a great team, they have the economical capability to spend more than all others.
Walter Samuel has already rejected them by choosing Madrid instead. So has Robinho.

Gerrard also would pick Madrid instead of them, no matter how much money involved (according to Owen).

I don't think they can spend their way into domination.

#19 ·
El Fenómeno. said:
Exactly.

It's not always about money. Last season, didn't they have Veron, Makelele, Duff, about five quality strikers and Lampard?! What did they win? Fu** all.

Can they get their hands on the likes of Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Raul, Kaka, Buffon, Walter Samuel?

NO THEY CAN'T. What they are going to do instead is collect a bunch of very-good players.

Upfront they have Didier frickin Drogba and Gudjohnsen. I mean..please! Chelsea's main strength is a VERY GOOD squad and a good coach. I can only think of 2 world-class players at Chelsea, but they make up for it by having many GOOD players with a lot of potential. You see players like Robben, but Arsenal have Reyes and Van Piersi. What's your point? They have Lampard, Arsenal have Vieira. Henry is better than their whole attacking unit put together.

Arsenal will win the league and FA Cup double (they are just going through their usual November slump, nothing new for those that know. They didn't go 49 games unbeaten without reason).

I can't see Chelsea winning the Champions League either (i.e Barcelona can easily dispatch them).

I think the Carling Cup is their best bet for a trophy this season.

I am not buying into the hype.

Na, your wrong son.

Chelsea have one of the best squads in football, one of the finest coaches and unlimited spending power.

I beleive this, and over the next few years they will win titles and cups. The Nestas and Ronaldinhos type players will come.

I dont see it as hype. Accept it people. Their is a new team on the block, a very good one. one which will only gell more and get stronger, eventully adding a more world class players.

#20 ·
El Fenómeno. said:
Walter Samuel has already rejected them by choosing Madrid instead. So has Robinho.

Gerrard also would pick Madrid instead of them, no matter how much money involved (according to Owen).

I don't think they can spend their way into domination.
I do.

They are proving they can.

#24 ·
El Fenómeno. said:
Ronaldinho and Nesta would never come.

That's my point.

They are not doing what Madrid can do...buy the BEST players in the World (well, apart from Becks :D).

All they are doing is collecting great players (not world-class, but GOOD players with potential).
Woodgate and Owen are the worlds best players?

Dont speak shit. Real buy marketable players.

#26 ·
El Fenómeno. said:
Ok,

What the fu** have they won to prove shit?
They are still in every cup (i beleive), first team to go thur to the 2nd round of the CL, dominating the EPL and doing well int he other cups.

Last season they were Englands best team, only behind one of the greatest club sides assembed in Arsenal alog with comming very close to the CL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.