Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 7 points clear and seriously in form will Chelsea be even more hard to catch now?do they look like slowing down somewhere?The Gunners need to do something,However I feel that it will get closer somehow just my gut feeling. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
It will be difficult catching them, but we definitely believe we have a better team than they do when all circumstances are for us (injury wise, confidence wise). The unbeaten run ending and then all those injuries were the worst thing to happen to us.

Chelsea have yet to have any big injuries, and they certainly haven't had any challenge to their confidence. When that comes, you see if a team has a champion mentality.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i highly doubt it, if they continue as they are, and we as we are, we'll probably losing even more points.

i personally believe its about momentum and attitude. if you got a whole bag of wins, you'lljust keep winning, very hard to slip up.

just look at arsenal's unbeaten run, the confidence, momentum just keeps building.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Swiftwilly,

We have the same amount of points from the same fixtures (as in opposition away/home) we have played so far as last season.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I see it If Arsenal get the reinforcements this January that clearly they need and can regain the players they've missed then things will turn,I don't think Chelsea will go on like this until the end of the season.I do think they will slip up a couple of games.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, Chelsea will be hard to catch. No Christmas or Holidays blip has happened so far!
And I can't remember the last time they conceded a goal!

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
no

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Actually everybody expected them to drop points during this tough winter schedule but guess what its United and Arsenal who drew a game while Chelsea went on to win every game without even conceding a goal.

Jose's done an amazing job at the club so far and they have dealt with the injury woes that came there way due to the vast quality at their disposal.For the moment Chelsea do look like a hard team to catch.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Adam_Gooner said:
Swiftwilly,

We have the same amount of points from the same fixtures (as in opposition away/home) we have played so far as last season.
well some people may look for excuses and try to take something meaningfull. i have always been the sort of person who wants to see the bestfrom our team. we're not performing at that level and until we do, chelski will just keep going. and it seems now to be very unlikely to catch up.

ofcourse, this is football and anything is possible until its mathematically impossible. however i like to prepare myselffor the worst :)

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Mourinho won the Champion's League with Porto. Any talk of his side conceding anything to the other "so-called" premiership contenders can only be described as wishful thinking. They have so much depth.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Paratroopa said:
Mourinho won the Champion's League with Porto. Any talk of his side conceding anything to the other "so-called" premiership contenders can only be described as wishful thinking. They have so much depth.
and what? arsenal dont have depth? :rollani:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
well some people may look for excuses and try to take something meaningfull. i have always been the sort of person who wants to see the bestfrom our team. we're not performing at that level and until we do, chelski will just keep going. and it seems now to be very unlikely to catch up.

ofcourse, this is football and anything is possible until its mathematically impossible. however i like to prepare myselffor the worst :)
Chelsea will just keep going unless we are at our supreme best? WE took 10 out of 12, and although we haven't been Arsenal the harlem grobe trotters, we've won.

I don't agree that as long as we are not playing our best that Chelsea will go further away. Of course we should sort our own ship out, but Chelsea have been too consistent and they deserve credit.

But Chelsea, unless they have discovered a magic formula to avoid injuries at this time of the year, should have their squad tested soon. One or two injuries to key players could considerably see them go in a dip, for sure. And Arsenal will get belief from that.

They play Spurs away next in the league. Spurs have a tough defence and are in great form under Jol and should of won at Manchester (even without their ebst players). Let's see if Chelsea get 3 points from that fixture. I fancy them to drop points there, and if we can beat Bolton away - it could be the real turning point in our season considering the returning players.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
They do indeed look hard to catch but I think that in the long-run the quality of Arsenal will show through. I still expect the title to remain at Highbury. Chelsea will try too hard to win all four trophies and their luck will soon run out. They shouldn't have beaten Portsmouth OR Liverpool.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts