Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His time is “NOW”, there is no tomorrow for him! He is no longer a prodigy; he needs to take his rightful place in the Italian NT team!

Italia has no firepower left, they got owned by Spain out of all teams twice in 3 months!

Who are they going to turn to come 2010?

Di Natale is 31, hell 32-33 come 2010 and who the heck cares? This guy is a starter by default!
Luca Toni – Are you kidding me?
Totti (come 2010 he'll be 33-34) He never delivered for the azzurri. His best tournament took place in 06 (when he was injured) and wasn't the go to guy!
Del Piero (he'll be 35-36 by then) this guy was never good enough to be a starter in the NT! Heck Lippi should take him as a supersub again, just like he did in 2006 :happy:
and we all know Giovinco won't be ready until 2014!

so who is Italia going to turn to huh? Hey probably Materazzi will once again lead Italia in scoring come 2010 :happy::happy::happy:!

Mr. Lippi please don't torture us like that again!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you ever serious?
Well, you're seriously playful. And guys are attracted to your girlish spirit and all the fun that follows :happy:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
WHAT ABOUT...

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dagoods, what about amauri?
Amauri, the man without a nationality! One day he claims to be Brazilian and then he pretends to be an Italian...what's my take on this clown? Somehow I think he will end up playing for FRANCE :happy::happy::happy:

even if he ends up playing for Italia come 2010 (he'll be 30 by then) and well he isn't that good. He reminds me so much of Morientes :happy::happy::happy:!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WHAT ABOUT...

He is the future along with Giovinco, of course. He'll be what 23 by 2010? He is not a pure ST, he is more of a SS. Again people it's CASSANO or nothing!

This guy is just an overrated Italian, Higuain is 100x better :D:D:D!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So..... 3/4 of france's team shouldnt be playing for france then. What is your point?
Mario is an upgraded version of Obarfa Martins! He's just a speedy guy with no brains! You have to make him RUN! Italia doesn't play this way, simple as that!

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
So..... 3/4 of france's team shouldnt be playing for france then. What is your point?
Precisely. But then again the same can be said about Holland and Portugal and England no?

Cassano... I wouldn't mind seeing him in the NT, but I doubt he will do wonders.

Totti's best tournament was Euro00 even though he was also good in WC06 with injuries and all. He scored the decisive penalty against Australia. People like Baggio chocked in this decisive moments so I think that it was quite an accomplishment for Totti to take us through.

And stop trolling man. We have Giovinco, Rossi, Balotelli, Forestieri, Gilardino, Okaka and many more.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Precisely. But then again the same can be said about Holland and Portugal and England no?

Cassano... I wouldn't mind seeing him in the NT, but I doubt he will do wonders.

Totti's best tournament was Euro00 even though he was also good in WC06 with injuries and all. He scored the decisive penalty against Australia. People like Baggio chocked in this decisive moments so I think that it was quite an accomplishment for Totti to take us through.

And stop trolling man. We have Giovinco, Rossi, Balotelli, Forestieri, Gilardino, Okaka and many more.
Yeah only Baggio missed it in the BIG GAME, the bloody final. You cannot compare both situations. Yeah totti was fortunate to convert the penatly, Australia was owning you guys.

As far as those names you gave, you know they won't be starters come 2010. Gilardino? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
22,221 Posts

C'mon George I know Totti is your favourite and I'm honest Baggio is mine,but please don't compare what they both done for the NT.Baggio choked for the NT?Exactly when?That penalty in the final of 1994 when the morons keep pointing to that spot kick.When people should open thewir eyes that the great legendary Baresi had missed before Roby,and that the Brazilians had smacked in 4 out 4 from the spot.Baggio almost won the WC on his own,it was him against Nigeria when we were virtually dead and buried,again gaianst Spain and again against the courageous Bulgarians.

Chokin when it mattered I hardly doubt it,sorry to say IMO Totti never really denivered for the NT,yes he put that spot kick away vs the Aussies.But there are very few moments where he has really influenced a game like Baggio did for Italy.When Baggio played you saw the difference and how he changed a game,his class,his influence,his persona you name it.Go through 06 yes that was Totti's big moment other than that,that's it he never really delivered at other times or in other tournaments.Totti is a legend but sorry in reality no way what Roby was for Italy.

Sorry George but Italy could always cope without Totti,Italy without Baggio clearly struggled for so many reasons.George also I do rate your intellect very high believe me,but saying something like Baggio choked at the key moment really seems like a smart thing mate.Going back to the topic at hand yes Cassano is a genius has all the credentials to be a NT regular and key player,but sadly he just will never grow up it seems.With him you just can never be sure,his tantrums and his behaviour which seems to improve for a while until something else happens.I think Lippi is thinking can I really and the team really accept something like that?

DaGoods has a very good point alot does pinpoint on Cassanuccio,but it's not the be all and end all with him.There are other players that I certainly believe have the capability to play huge key roles for the Azzurri.Montolivo,Giovinco,Rossi,Aquilani just some names to chew on of course.

·
*the drum drum*
42,884 Posts
Baggio scored a penalty against Nigeria in the last 16 and Totti scored in the last 16 against Australia. It's a better comparison than mentioning the one in the final.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Baggio scored a penalty against Nigeria in the last 16 and Totti scored in the last 16 against Australia. It's a better comparison than mentioning the one in the final.
Baggio also scored the winner vs Spain in the next game and virtually knocked out the Bulgarians single handedly in the semi.But for being obviously badly injured in the final,even a slightly more fit Baggio could've changed the outcome of that final.Of course we'll never know but with Roby you never knew what to expect,and he very often delivered.

The final was just a quote to say to people they need to look into things more,than just say Baggio missed that penalty period he choked,flopped,screwed it for Italy.To me it proves they don't know much not having a go at you CT honestly,but many who take that incident and maki it like it was Baggio who periodly cost Italy the WC.That is clear BS as I stated before,Brazil hadn't missed and even if RB had scored Brazil most likely would've slammed in the fifth spot kick.Also I love Baresi but obviously the people going on about this incident never look at the fact we had already missed from the spot.

And as I explained it was virtually Baggio who won the WC,yes of course others played a key part but his was outstanding and so evident he produced when it mattered.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts