Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
your recent posts targeting Roma and their players are becoming tiresome. I let the last one slide, the one in which dismissed De Rossi and Florenzi, but to start this as a thread when we already have a prediction thread to express your views is annoyingly wrong. What is your obsession with Roma?

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just posting as someone interested in serie a affairs. I like Roma and don't wish them bad results. If you check the time of our posts, Toni and I opened our threads at the same time coincidentally, which is why I asked him to merge.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Milan yes for sure. Inter, maybe, maybe not. We'll lose tomorrow evening in all probability..

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
I think they will, not because they are necessarily better, i think even with the improvements they are at best on par with Roma's starting line-up. If Roma had kept Salah i'd have put them ahead on quality.

But i think they both have a chance to surpass Roma based on trajectory. The energy around both Milanese clubs is one of renewal but Roma have sold their best player and are haggling over bringing in a one-season wonder like Mahrez, who most likely will not come now.

I just don't think the squad can get over this sense of stagnation at the club, the sense that they aren't really interested in being competitive.

·
Registered
43,092 Posts
No you won't. I expect it to end like 1-4.
Pretty impressive!

Roma appear to just lack maybe 2 world class players which would turn them into Scudetto contenders and CL semi-finalists. It's such a waste that they aren't making the most of the potential of this team.

·
Registered
43,092 Posts
your recent posts targeting Roma and their players are becoming tiresome. I let the last one slide, the one in which dismissed De Rossi and Florenzi, but to start this as a thread when we already have a prediction thread to express your views is annoyingly wrong. What is your obsession with Roma?
I always had the impression that he liked Roma more than any other team in Serie A.

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At the time I probably did because they played such amazing football. Right now though not really favoring anyone because Italian content is not super strong, but I do like the resurgence in Milan clubs as it is positive for the league. I'm not a huge fan of Roma's current 4-3-3 project while inter has a solid formation.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I think they will, not because they are necessarily better, i think even with the improvements they are at best on par with Roma's starting line-up. If Roma had kept Salah i'd have put them ahead on quality.

But i think they both have a chance to surpass Roma based on trajectory. The energy around both Milanese clubs is one of renewal but Roma have sold their best player and are haggling over bringing in a one-season wonder like Mahrez, who most likely will not come now.

I just don't think the squad can get over this sense of stagnation at the club, the sense that they aren't really interested in being competitive.
Roma left the Mahrez saga a few weeks ago and is now, according to news coming out, signing Schick instead.

·
Registered
859 Posts
At the time I probably did because they played such amazing football. Right now though not really favoring anyone because Italian content is not super strong, but I do like the resurgence in Milan clubs as it is positive for the league. I'm not a huge fan of Roma's current 4-3-3 project while inter has a solid formation.

Well you did after all say this: basically all home grown cheap talent but hardly starting material at this point. i guess roma just doesn't have the cash to pay italians

When we infact has probably the best italian players in their respective positions.

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You do have some promising players like Pellegrini but not sure who else you are referring to other than an aging DDR and Florenzi. Juve bought Bernardeschi, De Sciglio and are starting Rugani instead of replacing Bonucci with Benatia; Milan bought Conti and Bonucci. Roma fielded 1 Italian yesterday, Inter 2, Juve 3, Milan will field 5-6. Napoli which is the hometown club of my late grandparents will probably field 1-2 as well.

I don't see what is controversial in the statement that Roma haven't paid much to bring Italians to their club recently compared to Juve and Milan.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
You do have some promising players like Pellegrini but not sure who else you are referring to other than an aging DDR and Florenzi. Juve bought Bernardeschi, De Sciglio and are starting Rugani instead of replacing Bonucci with Benatia; Milan bought Conti and Bonucci. Roma fielded 1 Italian yesterday, Inter 2, Juve 3, Milan will field 5-6. Napoli which is the hometown club of my late grandparents will probably field 1-2 as well.

I don't see what is controversial in the statement that Roma haven't paid much to bring Italians to their club recently compared to Juve and Milan.

Well technically we fielded 3 italians. You can be forgiven for not noticing any of ambrosio,gagliardini or candreva thought.

·
Registered
859 Posts

An aging DDR is still the best italian on his position. And Florenzi has just had two ACL and are almost ready for a return and when he does he is better than the rest. And guess what, they are romans and so are upcoming star Pellergrini and the wonder kid Pellegrini as LB but he also has an ACL. The Trigoria curse it's called.

Nothing controversial about it at all if you at least had been fair and said that well you guys has DDR, Florenzi and now also Pellegrini, an upcoming star, so guess you do have the very best of what italy can bring to the game, and maybe even so with Pellegrini but nope.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
What's worse is Roma have sold solid Italian talents like Romagnoli and then bought foreign.

I understand buying foreign, but when you don't have a local player to fill the spot.

·
Registered
859 Posts
What's worse is Roma have sold solid Italian talents like Romagnoli and then bought foreign.

I understand buying foreign, but when you don't have a local player to fill the spot.
Agree to the point that he was italian. And yes he is a solid CB but nothing wow over him in any way.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
And now you sold the guy you replaced him with as well, Rudiger.

Just a merry-go-round in Rome.

·
Registered
859 Posts
And now you sold the guy you replaced him with as well, Rudiger.

Just a merry-go-round in Rome.
Unfortunately we don't have the money you have in your club. And we had holes that needed to be addressed.

And don't speak of merry go round lol. First you have Lichsteiner then you ditch him for Alves then he got tired of you and now your back to Lichsteiner lol. Will Alves re join you next season :grin2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts