Xtratime Community banner

Will Beitar still fight for the title?

• Yes, it was just a bad start, they have the best team in the country.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No, Beitar's reign has come to an end.

Votes: 4 57.1%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beitar Jerusalem apparently is recovering little by little from its bad start in the league and the trauma of the Wisla match.
With the first third of the league reaching to an end the difference from Beitar to leaders Netanya and Haifa is 7 points.
Tommorow a tough game against Maccabi Petah Tikva at Teddy.

Can Beitar make to the title?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I think they can still do it. The question is about determination.

I said yes, but in reality i think they will struggle and make it 2nd...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nine points from the leaders now. Beitar couldn't pass through an organized Maccabi Petah Tikva at Teddy and drew 1-1. Barucyhan cancelled Bastianini's lead in the second half, but wasn't enough.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I think Beitar can get second third or fourth though. That isnt a bad finish, they lost a key player in Alberman so that has hurt them some.
I think they would do well in the Uefa Cup.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I think Beitar can get second third or fourth though. That isnt a bad finish, they lost a key player in Alberman so that has hurt them some.
I think they would do well in the Uefa Cup.
Yea, like i said.....but you added on.
They try to make a dream team and at the same time make a team that sells its future players...
many players have come and gone. And they have had a great team when Alberman was there, also Zandberg played well, Arbeitman was with us and so forth.
Right now we have a team that really has an edge, but doesnt show it...

then again, why isnt a team like Arsenal who looks deadly lose constantly ever week? :confused:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Beitar would have a good campaign in Uefa Cup and maybe it will be better if they reach Uefa Cup instead of winning the league and being defeated right away.
They have still the best squad, don't know what Gaidamak will do next season and some players like Baruchyan and Tamuz are likely to move to Europe.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Yes, Beitar would have a good campaign in Uefa Cup and maybe it will be better if they reach Uefa Cup instead of winning the league and being defeated right away.
Alot of people always underestimate Beitar and how good they can be in the Champions Leauge Campaign.
No question, losing 5-0 to Wisla sucks :err:

But this is all about a principle of luck. Seriously..... if we drew a Belarussian Championship we would have done better. Than again, we may have had to play Barcelona after or perhaps say... Wisla per say.... or maybe that Inter team in Finland.....

All im saying is that for the past 2 seasons in the CL, we drew teams from North Europe who start their leauge before our August start and have already had some games and practice to pump up.
For some players and even new players - it is the first time or first game they have with the team. How bad would it be to throw a promising player or a fresh yougn player in one of the most heated matches of the season? :cecco:

They have still the best squad, don't know what Gaidamak will do next season and some players like Baruchyan and Tamuz are likely to move to Europe.

And this what kills Beitar. Tamuz and Baruchyan will leave and then a replacement comes from nowhere and tries to do better. It wont work. We need a 5 year plan with players. Not season to season! :cecco:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About Wisla being the opponent. Well, it was one of the best options Beitar had, not that it was easy, but we could have faced much stronger teams than Wisla. Beitar unfortunately don't collect very impressive results in Europe and this puts a lot of pressure over the players (including the most experienced ones) If Beitar manages to reach Uefa Cup next season and at least win the first opponent they will boost confidence and could possibly make a good campaign.

Tamuz and Baruchyan are being scouted for a long time now, it will be very hard to keep them. Let's see what Gaidamak will do actually, he said he won't pour more money on the team and depending on which position Beitar finishes this season many players will leave.

If his star players wil leave he will get the big shots from other teams, like he did with Haifa and Hapoel in the past. He got Benado, Guershon, Tal, Zandberg and now this guys are veteran and will stay at the club. We have potential players like Buzaglo, Isralevich, Abutbul, Abuhatzira, Keinan, and so on that he certainly he will make a bid on them.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Wisla was a good opponent, none the less, but still.....
It would have been better to get a Cypricot team, but then im hand picking too much on something which is cheer luck..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts